Get ready for that #$$!%$## from another big company: NIKE RAISING PRICES ON EVERYTHING.

Originally Posted by VAHustler

This price raise is bs. Nike could get money in many other ways rather than raising prices. How about releasing more of all the limited bs they put out to consumers that later get resold online for some crazy price over retail. I'd rather sneaker heads get butt hurt in that fashion than having to pay more on retail

Lot of truth to this.  They're missing the profits that resellers get for Flints, BHM's, South Beach's...etc.  If they'd put out more of the product that people want this wouldn't be a problem at all.

As Long As Its Not That Much Of A Price Change Im Fine... But If Its A Major Difference Then Theyll End Upp Losing Money Regaurdless Because Shoes Will Eventually Sit... Jus Like The Duncans Will...

Not a big surprise. It's already happened with XIs being 175 now...I thought 125 was expensive back in 01-02...it's crazy how much prices have changed since, but at the same time it's a little expected. Most purchases I make will still come from the outlets or Nordstrom Rack...unless it's a shoe that I know will be gone on release day.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

laugh.gif
You cats saying "and yet you're posting on a Nike forum" please go outside,cut a switch and beat your own +%$!# with it because you sound ******ed.

co sign. nike doesnt make a DIME off this message board.

who cares if he browses this message board...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif
You cats saying "and yet you're posting on a Nike forum" please go outside,cut a switch and beat your own +%$!# with it because you sound ******ed.

who cares if he browses this message board...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif

Not directly, at least.

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

If you were in Nike's shoes you would do the same thing. Why is it bad for Nike to raise prices for their products if the consumer is willing to pay increased prices. I ain't mad at Nike at all. 

Doesn't matter if prices are raised, if people still don't buy them at those inflated prices. One of the main reasons Nike has problems are their prices. It's harder and harder to get a decent pair of Nike's at a affordable price range. Especially when we have ten percent unemployment.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Doesn't matter if prices are raised, if people still don't buy them at those inflated prices. One of the main reasons Nike has problems are their prices. It's harder and harder to get a decent pair of Nike's at a affordable price range. Especially when we have ten percent unemployment.

I can almost bet most of those unemployed are still gettin their Nikes, though... 
ohwell.gif

Bordeaux 7's for $160... Knowin damn well these joints are worth $135 retail at best.

This is completely expected.. inflation is going to be the end of the world.. The rich are getting richer and the poor will continue to be stuck at the bottom.. with the middle class right there withem.. the range is just getting wider and wider

every major corp in america is doing the same thing. when %$!! really hiuts the fan tho, nikes will be one of the easier things to forget about.

I'm just kind of thrown back right now with all these news reports. I understand a rise in price due to cotton, oil, and transportation. But what the hell were they doing before this , from 2004 to 2009?

It already seems like they inflated their prices for years when the competition wasn't, yet they want to go up even higher? Prices now seem to be at 2015 levels, not 2011. It's like they have advanced inflation prices onto their products ahead of time and still want to raise prices. Only Nike can get away with this sort of stuff.

"Over the coming seasons, we’ll approach these pricing actions on a style-by-style, market-by-market basis.

To me, this is a lame excuse to jump on the economic-crisis bandwagon. Notice the article references rising costs of "cotton, oil and transportation" for the major reasons to raise their prices. Anyone who has worked in finance or has ever owned their own company knows that labor (aka workers) are the #1 expense to a company's PNL. How come they don't cite rising labor costs as the reason for raising prices? That's because they have no intention of paying those poor taiwanese and chinese workers another cent more than they are already. They already get slave-like pay, but I guess the Jordan's/Nike's we'll be paying more for going forward will never make it to these poor folks...ever. SMH!!

fools actin like niketalk = nike co.

NikeTalk is NOT affiliated with Nike Inc. in any way, shape, or form.
All opinions expressed herein do not reflect those of Nike Inc.

if every jordan retro gonna cost as much as an XI im stopping cause i dont have money like that to be spending on sneakers

Welcome to the real world...Niketalk...

I know that most of you live in Internet fantasyland...but, really...you are mad about this?

The cost of everything is going up globally...raw materials, specifically cotton and leather as well as the fuel that it takes to transport finished goods (among other things) continues to rise...

Why is any of this a surprise to anyone?

Nike isn't the only one that is raising prices...everything from athletic footwear and apparel to food will be going up...you haven't been paying attention if you think otherwise...

SMH

JM

The bottom line is nike isn't forcing you folks to buy their products, but you people do it gladly though anyway LOL.

man foams are still 160 with the discount damn.....hopefully it doesnt happen to the kobes if they stay 150 tops thats cool with me....cant believe with 523million dollar profits they cant keep it the same....they are making us pay for phil knights new court in oregon lol

Back
Top Bottom