Getting Frauded on NT Unappreciation [UPDATE] Vol. Where Houdini happens

moe200069

Supporter
What's up Niketalk,

I've been a member of the NT community for a couple of years and although I'm not well-known on this board or have close friendships with another NTeroutside the friend who got me into this forum, I believe that we are a collection of trustworthy individuals. However, I guess the economy's hitting hardand turning people into straight up scoundrels here on NT. A couple of weeks ago I sent a "fellow" NTer a USPS money order for some kicks (this iswhere I went wrong
smh.gif
@ myself for using a money order) seeing that he had sentme a list of references. I sent the money order with delivery confirmation, in which I tracked and he received on August 29, 2009. Up until then, he had beenpretty good with responding with PMs and questions about his address and correct pricing of the shoes. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought tomyself, there's no need to bother him about receiving the money order, I trust that he would ship him out(Wrong.) After a couple of days maybe September1, I contacted him about a tracking number for what should now by "my" shoes, but no response. After days of no response, I send him a follow upemail. No response. So I go to my last resort: AIM. This past wednesday I hit him up with the screen name he provided and I get the good'ole run around. I go thru the protocol, "yo this is maurice from NT. you get my money order? my emails? wheres my shoes?" and this is the person's response"Oh, you looking for my lil brother. He uses my sidekick. I'll let him know. Sorry, I'm at work right now." maaaan...the hell outta herewith all that. I told him to tell "his brother" that if he doesnt respond to me by friday (today), I'm gonna try to get my money order refundedand let NTers know not to deal with his fraudulent-self.

However, I'm gonna give dude another day, see if he'll actually come thru or not with some kinda response. If not, his NT name will definitely be onan update. But this is to that NTer because I know he still logs into Niketalk, you can tell on his profile page, what you got a temporary case of dyslexiaand cant read? i mean, it's only 90 bucks and it aint nothing to a boss...but it's just the principle.

I know this is long read so I'll do a Cliff Notes:

-sent NTer a money order he received August 29, 2009 according to USPS tracking
-after good communication, NT seller apparently developed a case of selective memory and forgot how to respond toemails/PMs
-talked to "his brother" on AIM screenname HE PROVIDED and told him he has until friday to at least provide somekind of info
-today is the last day before his NT screenname is put on the fraud list

--Update--
Man who does an update 5 minutes after creating a thread? Why did I? because this cat went as far as deleting his myspace and facebook. Oh well, I ain'tgonna put this guy's address out there like that, I aint trynna ruin dudes life over $90. But his NT screenname is he goes by the name thekidep22. Real name is Eliano I guess, stays out in New Yorksomewhere. Watch out for him. I'm gonna chalk this one up as an L. Learned my lesson.

Moral of the story: Don't do money orders (and to think, I have a buy/sell thread open where i say M/O only or meetups
laugh.gif
)

you should bold the cliffnotes part because someone might just jump the gun and ask for cliffnotes...

If you didn't get the shoes by now then most likely you won't. Might aswell post his/her screenname so the next niketalker will be aware of thefraudulant.

--updated in original thread post--

i know NT has some goons lurking in NY but it aint worth it...its just money.

damn that sux, hope you find a resolution to all this.

The only thing I take these days are money orders and nyc meetups so this guy doing this to you hurts my side business as well.

You should just put him on full blast, even though it's only $90 if he makes an agreement with you he should be a man and stand by his word/agreement.

since it s just money imma PM you my info and you could just send me a $90 money order

Man he just going to make another SN and scam another person you must teach him a lesson!!!
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

is there some kind of "Do Not Buy From" list here on NT? i mean, a list of frauder's real names. even if they change their NT screename, theyrenot going to change their actual names.

Back
Top Bottom