Getting Insurance On Jordan Collection

I was wonder if it possible to get some type of insurance on sneakers if u are a huge collectors that owned over 500 pairof sneakers. Hope this not a crazy topic to some ppl. I talk to one collectible insurance company they said that the shoes cant be worn. So is it a way to putinsurance on your collection if u have sneakers that r worn and not worn.

Does anyone have an idea?

Estimate of how much yall think some of this stuff is worth. Thanks

http://niketalk.com/topic/46568?page=1

laugh.gif

I actually got an extra 15,000.00 in Homeowners Insurance for my sneakers. All my agent requested was that I keep or make copies of the receipts. She saiddated pictures would also help if anything every happened.

I hope this helps.

I was actually thinking about doing that, and it is possible....it is really up 2 you

Originally Posted by E713

receipts and pictures thats all...what insurance was that
Uhhh State Farm...

For the doubters, do you all own homes or live in apts & have renters insurance?? I mean if your house is broken into or burns down, etc. You addadditional insurance coverage for various household items to cover your loses.

I forgot most of NT are kids, college students, etc.......

You guys are laughing, but it's a actually a pretty good idea. I have insurance that covers about $37,000. It's not that expensive, either, only about$30/month. Be sure to take pictures as well, just so that you have some proof in case something does happen.

If they were stored in your home, you could just get homeowners/renters insurance. This would cover everything you own, including shoes. I wouldnt just go intothe insurance place and tell them that you want just shoes covered, I would bring up HO/renters insurance and ask them if it also covers clothing and shoes.

The company I have renters insurance through didnt even want proof of anything. I signed up for $20K worth if I lost EVERYTHING.... I know it is not enough,but once you get too high, it starts to get expensive.

Get plenty of coverage, take a quick inventory of just the important stuff, overprice the important stuff that way the cost for the not so important stuff isincluded w/o making a headache of a list, snap random pics from around your house, and store all that in a safe box or at a friend/relatives house for quickapproval if anything happens. The safebox idea was told to me by an agent. They said it would help alot if anything ever happened.

Wow, I learn something new everyday.
pimp.gif

This may seem like a pretty good idea. But then again, I've been collecting since 2000 and nothing have happened yet.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Wow, I learn something new everyday.
pimp.gif

This may seem like a pretty good idea. But again, I've been collecting since 2000 and nothing have happened yet.
happy.gif

Brother, nothing or no one is promised tomorrow. Always better safe than sorry.

Nothing funny about the question. Like others have said, talk to your agent and get an extension on your homeowners policy. People do it all the time withcollectibles.

This is a good idea. I have over 200 pairs of jordans and I valued them over 20000 so I added them to my renters insurance. Just in case something happens orthey are stolen.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

i hope you are kidding
Just like a puke fan... Why would this man be joking? You can get insurence on your sneakers. UNC ALL DAY BIG BABY!!!!!!!

I've down sized from 150 pairs of Jays to 60 or so but still got the extra value on my Homeowners Insurance... You never know...

easy. just like everyone else. in my case, we rent. we got the premium renter's insurance plan (it's required when you rent an apt anyway), but we keepand scan in our receipts to the computer for authenticity verification and in the case the sneakers are lost.

it's a good idea to practice w/ all high dollar items in your home anywayl.

Originally Posted by Juice2352

Seems excessive to me, but if you feel they're in that much danger...lol

Excessive? Anybody can be a victim of robbery or theft its not cute and taking precautionery methods to ensure your collection isnt to be looked over i meantheres nothing like coming home and finding your collection gone

^^^^^People do get collectible items insured, I personally don't know how you would go about doing that but its not a dumb idea

if i had over 20k in shoes, id get them insured.

You never know what could happen.

Excessive? Robbery, fire, etc.

Some of you guys are thinking too small time.

You selling mutual funds, we doing hedge funds....you feel me.

Before I downsized my collection when I moved, I use to just keep a majority of my shoes in storage. Insured, climate controlled, you can't be that.

The best $30 a month I ever spent.

Back
Top Bottom