getting my first credit card

i would like to start build my credit.
let me clearly state that i do have a steady job, i am responsible, and no i wont get out of hand

any recommendations on what to get?
any experiences or stories?
advice?

dude, its free money, that you dont have to pay back. just buy and once you max out, get a new one. just keep doing that. imagine all the JORDANS in the world!iphones, blackberry, throwbacks, all the fubu money can buy. do it!

Originally Posted by tmoney85

dude, its free money, that you dont have to pay back. just buy and once you max out, get a new one. just keep doing that. imagine all the JORDANS in the world! iphones, blackberry, throwbacks, all the fubu money can buy. do it!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Im scared to get a CC. I dont trust myself with one. And I dont get paid enough to pay the CC bills. Minimum minimum wage FTL
tired.gif

^lol. what kind of card is it. mastercard, visa, amex. actually just take a picture of the front and back of it and pm it to me . just want to know what theylook like. good looks.

dude, its free money, that you dont have to pay back. just buy and once you max out, get a new one. just keep doing that. imagine all the JORDANS in the world! iphones, blackberry, throwbacks, all the fubu money can buy. do it!
roll.gif

Never use more than half your limit, and just use the cc for small things like food to build your credit.

Once you get it just max it out asap! That will let the bank know that you are responsible and know how to handle it, just like your fellow Americans.

Do that and email me your credit report.

Just get a student classic visa with a 1k limit if you're worried about spending. It's easy to build up credit if you're responsible. I've hadmine for around 3 years with a 2k limit and from the credit I've built up, I was eligible to open up a $40,000 credit line. I just opened up a $20,000 lineon Friday. I don't need 40k lol.

yaa..i just use mine to pump gas! and buy some fast food...maybe some clothes but i rather just use my debit card for the majority of my purchases

I am also looking to get my first CC.. What is the deciding factor on which company to go with(AE,VISA,MC)?? Is it the interest rate?

Either keep it for emergency only or dedicate 1 of your normal bills to be paid by this cc for example phone bill every month and pay it out every month

I to just applied for a credit card Capital One if it matters... how exactly do ppl build up score???? is it as simple as just paying their cc bill??

Back
Top Bottom