Girl is set on fire...EDIT The Only thing on fire is this thread

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/louisiana-woman-set-fire-kkk-painted-her-car

Police in Winnsboro, Louisiana confirmed on Monday that a woman had been set on fire over the weekend and racial slurs were found scrawled on her car.

Sharmeka Moffitt told police that she was attacked and burned by three men wearing white hoodies at a park in Franklin Parish on Sunday, according to KNOE.

At a press conference on Monday, police said that the letters "KKK" were spray-painted on the hood of her car.

Winnsboro Police Chief Kevin Cobb said that the FBI was investigating whether the incident was a hate crime, but authorities declined to classify the attack as racially motivated on Monday. The Franklin Parish Sheriff, Louisiana State Police and the state fire Marshall's office were also participating in the investigation.

A friend of the Moffitt family told KNOE that the victim had burns on 90 percent of her body and was currently in stable condition at the LSU-Shreveport hospital.

The Facebook page "Prayers for Sharmeka Moffitt" was created on Sunday night to support the victim and encourage the media to cover the story. By Monday afternoon, that page had received over 8,000 "likes."

Terrible man she is 20 yrs old and they are stating that they are unsure if it was a Hate Crime. Mind you this is Winnsboro, LA. And not to mention that they released the KKK spray painted hood only a few hours ago...

:smh:

I hope the girl recovers and is able to live a good life. She has my prayers.

Last edited:
:lol: at people who thought that think just cuz we have a black president racism ended.

Last edited:
Racism is real...

And it is a shame

We're all human.

People need to let their position in life be made by their work, not skin color.

Call my mind warped, but I can completely see some cats she knew wanted her dead, and did this throw suspicion off them. Just seems wild in 2012.

Not far fetched at all.

The problem with this is the city it occurred in. Winnsboro isn't as progressive as the rest of the U.S

I remember the Jena Six incident it didn't take long with what followed from law enforcement

The problem with this is the city it occurred in. Winnsboro isn't as progressive as the rest of the U.S
I remember the Jena Six incident it didn't take long with what followed from law enforcement

man whatever happened to them... they faded to obscurity like Trayvon Martin slowly is....

mad.gif

Call my mind warped, but I can completely see some cats she knew wanted her dead, and did this throw suspicion off them. Just seems wild in 2012.

You know the woman or something??

Winnsboro Police Chief Kevin Cobb said that the FBI was investigating whether the incident was a hate crime, but authorities declined to classify the attack as racially motivated on Monday. The Franklin Parish Sheriff, Louisiana State Police and the state fire Marshall's office were also participating in the investigation.

******g Louisana.... :smh:

"I remember a time where it was black people that were the ones afraid of people in hoodies"

:smh:

... i dont know man. i wouldnt call it a hate crime either until more evidence surfaced. all we have is the victims word.

In crime and law, hate crimes (also known as bias-motivated crimes) occur when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her perceived membership in a certain social group, usually defined by racial group, religion, sexual orientation, disability, class, ethnicity, nationality, age, sex, or gender identity.[1]

Its still a hate crime it my eyes. I get what you are trying to say but...

Edna Moffitt said her daughter, Sharmeka, 20, was exercising alone at Civitan Park when she was attacked by three men wearing hoodies. The words KKK” and “n**** were on her car in white,

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...sey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

It would be misleading if they were black but to play devil advocate had this been a white girl and 3 guys in hoodies then yea. JMO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom