Giving Speeches and presentations??

Read your speech to a friend. Tell him to give you honest feedback, then take that in make it into a postive. Go up there be cool, you'll be okay.Stay motivated, this is no different from being on the court, field, diamond...etc.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]My way of getting over the nervous factor is to look at the class as if they're peasants and beneath me.. it works for the most part.[/color]
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
....trying this next time.

Here's some advice. Put your hands in your pockets and stand in one area only so you can stay focused on the information. Look at the floor, and not atyour peers. This will help you think about what you are going to say, that way you won't mess up your speech.

Practice your speech in the mirror.

Once you get over the awkwardness of talking to yourself, you'll be good to go.

If you have an iphone there's an app called "Presenter Pro"

It shows you the proper hand gestures and everything. It's pretty good

I took a speech class and I chose a topic that actually meant something to me and knew some stuff about that topic. That definitely helped.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]My way of getting over the nervous factor is to look at the class as if they're peasants and beneath me.. it works for the most part.[/color]
laugh.gif
I swear I used to do this
roll.gif
roll.gif

It doesn't really matter though.,.....85% of the people won't even pay attention...especially if some people have to present that same day too

Originally Posted by chris steez

I got an informative speech to give for my communications class in a couple weeks

Anybody have any experience or advice on giving a speech?

How to get over the nervousness etc etc...

Im thinking about choosing serial killers for my topic...that way i can have the audience's full undivided attention and it'll be around halloween time
nerd.gif
The best advice is to go into the speech knowing what you're going to say. Practice it on your own first and then for your friends andfamily. You'll be able to refine your notes/points.

If there will be a question/answer session afterward, think of a list of questions you might be asked. If you were in the audience and listened to yourspeech, what questions would you have?

Most importantly, don't rush through it. If you miss a step or forget what you're going to say, look at your notes and keep going. This is the bestweapon you have going for you. The class has no idea what you're going to say, so keep your cool. Don't stammer or say um.

Good luck and let us know how it went.

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

what helped me was the day before i went and got an ill hair cut, then on the day of the presentation i wore my best clothes....if you feel like a million bucks on the inside it'll show on the outside...

my man knows wasup

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Just imagine that everyone in the audience is naked
If you have hot girls in your class, sport your boner with pride
pimp.gif
Walk the room and make subtle eye gestures to it when you get eye contact with said hot girls.

Originally Posted by jrp44

laugh.gif
I swear I used to do this
roll.gif
roll.gif

It doesn't really matter though.,.....85% of the people won't even pay attention...especially if some people have to present that same day too
My teacher said the same thing.

Originally Posted by Arqangel6

Originally Posted by chris steez

I got an informative speech to give for my communications class in a couple weeks

Anybody have any experience or advice on giving a speech?

How to get over the nervousness etc etc...

Im thinking about choosing serial killers for my topic...that way i can have the audience's full undivided attention and it'll be around halloween time
nerd.gif
The best advice is to go into the speech knowing what you're going to say. Practice it on your own first and then for your friends and family. You'll be able to refine your notes/points.

If there will be a question/answer session afterward, think of a list of questions you might be asked. If you were in the audience and listened to your speech, what questions would you have?

Most importantly, don't rush through it. If you miss a step or forget what you're going to say, look at your notes and keep going. This is the best weapon you have going for you. The class has no idea what you're going to say, so keep your cool. Don't stammer or say um.

Good luck and let us know how it went.

First time I've seen this dude in General.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

laugh.gif

That's funny? I may not post, but I'm always around.

For future reference, try focusing on the topic at hand.

Practice your speech before hand.
Remember, it's only a speech...it's not that big of a deal.
Be confident. And the way you do this is by knowing exactly what your going to talk about. This means thoroughly researching the material you are going to talkabout and understanding the material yourself.
It helps me if I pretend I'm talking to my friends so I'm not nervous or stuttering.
Relax and have fun. If you have fun and show you are into the speech yourself then others will be too.

Good luck! I'm sure you will do fine.

laugh.gif

Already got the hang of it.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

My way of getting over the nervous factor is to look at the class as if they're peasants and beneath me.. it works for the most part.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I do this even when Im not presenting anything.
Dont have to be in school either.
Pretty much anywhere I go.

I took a speech class. Before, I HATED getting up there, and afterwards, I am a PRO at it. Don't act like you're just giving a speech/presentation, act like you're actually talking to them.
pimp.gif
i know the feeling

OP interact with them as if you were having a casual conversation with your friends. if you can open with a question about your topic and try to get thelisteners involved.

laugh.gif

Someone's got a stick up their *%%...
grin.gif

I used that advice earlier. I treated everyone like peasants
laugh.gif
I did better than just about everyone. I was kinda nervous because I went second, but I didmy speech on eBay, so I was good.

#$!@ im in the same boat as u.... i think i got it the worst than i ever seen.....

when i go up i start shaking like im having a seizure.. the paper starts to move and #$!@ and people be like +*#.. and be laughing and #$!@.. than i startsweating like a ##$@%... i cant talk right.. my knees feel mad weak and #$!@. ++*! presenting.... i havent done 1 for 2 years now.. and i dont plan on everdoing it... i get way to nervous.. i just take the F.. idc.... i dont do that.

i need some help with it really bad.. its affecting me. i get so mad knowing i cant do it.. like should i drink a little before class??

idk

i hate the feeling when u know ur next........ i hate it... my body is all weak.. and my hands shake.. and sweat.

Back
Top Bottom