Glendale Man Sang Eminem While Stabbing Family

People are confusing influence with force. I don't think anybody is saying Eminem "made him do it". But to a person already sick in the head,It's not out of this world how Eminem could be impressionable on a person like that. I don't think Eminem should shoulder any blame for this in anyway. It's just a realization of society. People always seek guidance in false idols. It's not just Eminem. I got a little 13 year cousin who'sparents live in a $800,000 house but he's at such an impressionable age that he's driven...or influenced so much by rappers like Gucci Mane...or anyother rapper who's popular and perpetuates that "trap movement" lifestyle. It's so far to the point where he almost in his mind believes hereally does exist within that culture and he's out here doing stupid #%@+ running with the wrong crowd in order to validate that belief. I'm not sayingGucci Mane is to blame but that's just the power of music/entertainment in pop culture.

On the flip side...one of my friends from college went through a bit of an "enlightenment" period not long ago after getting put on to Lupe. Got himreading certain books, studying certain beliefs, etc.

Artists/Entertainers simply have an undeniable influence among people. Just look at fashion as an example. It's not out of this world to believe that themessage they spew can also have an influence among people.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Originally Posted by eye see soles

he told police he started screaming lyrics from an Eminem song, saying, "Here comes Satan, I'm the anti-Christ, I'm going to kill you."
Huh? Is that even an Eminem lyric? Cause I have never heard that.
seriously. I've listened to almost every Eminem track and that $%!* aint familiar. I was looking it up, and no dice.

same here.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

People are confusing influence with force. I don't think anybody is saying Eminem "made him do it". But to a person already sick in the head, It's not out of this world how Eminem could be impressionable on a person like that. I don't think Eminem should shoulder any blame for this in any way. It's just a realization of society. People always seek guidance in false idols. It's not just Eminem. I got a little 13 year cousin who's parents live in a $800,000 house but he's at such an impressionable age that he's driven...or influenced so much by rappers like Gucci Mane...or any other rapper who's popular and perpetuates that "trap movement" lifestyle. It's so far to the point where he almost in his mind believes he really does exist within that culture and he's out here doing stupid #%@+ running with the wrong crowd in order to validate that belief. I'm not saying Gucci Mane is to blame but that's just the power of music/entertainment in pop culture.

On the flip side...one of my friends from college went through a bit of an "enlightenment" period not long ago after getting put on to Lupe. Got him reading certain books, studying certain beliefs, etc.

Artists/Entertainers simply have an undeniable influence among people. Just look at fashion as an example. It's not out of this world to believe that the message they spew can also have an influence among people.

QFT...

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

tired.gif
We are animals.
Seriously.

ShoxBb you are an idiot to think anything in entertainment causes people to do these things. Not Eminem, Not Grand Theft Auto, Not Terminator, Not Jay-Z, NotJohnny Cash, none of it. The people who were going to do it had mental issues and are just using this as a way to cop out. While music is supposed to move youto higher enlightenment it is not anything that will cause you to kill someone. You must be in a bubble world of just your own opinion to think that. How manypeople go out and kill people saying Eminem or Marylin Manson told them to do it 20 out of 200 million. It is a cop out for people with mental disorders toblame their problems on someone else.

And Lol at saying what rap is doing to your people. All of the urban problems are Jay-Z's or Jim Jones' fault.. HAHA.

Originally Posted by Essential1

ShoxBb you are an idiot to think anything in entertainment causes people to do these things. Not Eminem, Not Grand Theft Auto, Not Terminator, Not Jay-Z, Not Johnny Cash, none of it. The people who were going to do it had mental issues and are just using this as a way to cop out. While music is supposed to move you to higher enlightenment it is not anything that will cause you to kill someone. You must be in a bubble world of just your own opinion to think that. How many people go out and kill people saying Eminem or Marylin Manson told them to do it 20 out of 200 million. It is a cop out for people with mental disorders to blame their problems on someone else.

And Lol at saying what rap is doing to your people. All of the urban problems are Jay-Z's or Jim Jones' fault.. HAHA.

Your an idiot to say that these JayZs' and Jim Jones' have no impact on the community. All you have to do is look at trends and such. How many peopledo you know who wore wallet chains ect. in 2006/2007? It isnt Jay's fault directly, but the BS he is spewing to these fanboys who idolize him certainlyisnt improving the situation

Are some people in this thread serious? I thought we've all gotten passed this violent video games, movies, and music makes me kill peoplephase. Come on guys, most of these people were #$#@@ up in the head before they committed these crimes. Murder and sadistic behaviors such as this has existedsince before Eminem. Cut it out and stop making excuses for this guy.

I remember watching a thing on mtv about something like this moms wanting to ban certain lyrics because she said it made her kid kill someone.
smh.gif

But was he wearing any streetwear?
When asked if he had ever had these types of thoughts before, he said, "Never... It just hit me like a brick in the face. I don't even know why I did it."
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
stuff like that scares me, what if this happens to normal people
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom