GO TO SEASON THREAD.

Ahh I got you now Lazy.  When you said first round pick I was for some reason thinking you were talking about Klay and Barnes.  Dont know why my head was goign that direction.

That had to be the sweetner...so be it...I personally think we don't need as much young talen given our core (pre-trades) as it stands now. 2015-2016, maybe different.

So lets say the roster stays in tact. Who are the starting 5 and who's the first player off the bench? I cant see them having Barnes come off the bench especially after last seasons performance, especially in the playoffs. I dont think trading is done, and somehow (although I dont like him as a person but like him as a player) we're going to end up with Howard by giving up Barnes or Klay +Bogut.

Last edited:
I really love the Iggy pick up. So many different line up combinations we can throw out on to the court now.

Giving up rush and a 2014 pick is a bit hard to take but it's worth it all things considered.

Now please just let this be. I don't want Dwight. Pick up a few bench pieces and lets ride

To all the people in here that are having issues with, or at least wishing we didnt have to give up draft picks, let me remind you of one thing.  We arent the Warriors of the past.  Past years, giving up first round picks meant we were almost assuredly giving up a lottery pick.  I know being Warrior fans, that losing is so engrained in us, that we always look forward to the draft.  At this point, it shouldnt matter.  We are a pretty good team now.  Giving up a low first round pick is not the end of the world. 

@daldridgetnt:

Source says Howard's top two, after trade, are--in no order of preference--Golden State and Houston. Lakers not eliminated, but now behind.

To all the people in here that are having issues with, or at least wishing we didnt have to give up draft picks, let me remind you of one thing.  We arent the Warriors of the past.  Past years, giving up first round picks meant we were almost assuredly giving up a lottery pick.  I know being Warrior fans, that losing is so engrained in us, that we always look forward to the draft.  At this point, it shouldnt matter.  We are a pretty good team now.  Giving up a low first round pick is not the end of the world. 

+1

No Dwight.  Oh well.  Very successful day none the less.  Now, if we could sign Darren Collison, I would be 100% content with our offseason.

so am i the only one who's not excited about the iggy news? I feel like he'll hinder Barnes' growth (if he's not traded). If he plays the 4 though :rolleyes

so am i the only one who's not excited about the iggy news? I feel like he'll hinder Barnes' growth (if he's not traded). If he plays the 4 though :rolleyes

I'm with you. I was excited because I thought it was just a step to acquire Dwight but now that it's sounding like he's going to Houston, we have a bit of a log jam with Barnes and Iggy. I actually prefer to play Barnes too because he needs to continue to grow.

Was excited cause of Dwight, but now ehhh. Moves have to be made, cause there's a logjam at 3/4 starters so Barnes or Klay or lee have to get traded

Barnes will be FINE off the bench. He'll be this year's Jarret Jack and prolly win 6th man of the year. 

And I'm sure Dwight wanted to play with the Warriors since his chances to win a ring are better here than Houston... I think L.A just didn't wanna do a sign & trade. 

Either way, getting Biedrins + Jefferson, etc. for Iggy is the big picture! 

Worrying about "hindering Barnes' growth?... in the words of French Montana.. I AIN'T WORRY BOUT NOTHIN!!

interesting to get iggy. no doubt he's still a good perimeter defender which will help GSW tremendously.

i wish they could trade klay, but oh well. 

Not a huge fan of the Iggy deal, but it is what it is. The good thing about it is when Barnes is due for an extension Iggy's deal will almost be over. Also, Iggy can play a little back-up pg. And the 1-4 positions are set. We will need a center soon, but of the guys who will be available none of them are max guys, they will command money similar to Bogut's. (I'm really talking myself into this :lol: )

Could use a pg like Collison. Obviously need a big w/ Ezeli out half of the season.

Back
Top Bottom