GO TO SEASON THREAD.

I got this figured out.

Dallas gets Bogut, Biendris, Klay and Jefferson and a first.

Dallas sends Shawn Marion to Cleveland for 2nd

Dallas sends 2nd round pick and Vince Carter to GS

It works.

We eat 20 million of your bad salaries in exchange for Klay, Bogut and a first.

Yall could outright sign Dwight then spend up to the luxury tax to fill out the rest of the roster. Yall would have to renounce the rights to all your free agents though, so no J.Jack or Landry.

Would yall do it?

Edit-Yall woudln't even have to take Vince but for 3.2 million he's helpful.

Last edited:
I think it'd be a good deal for the Ws if it was the three expirings you mentioned plus a 1st or Klay, not both. That seems a bit excessive as it leaves very little wiggle room for roster adjustments moving forward.

Not sure why Cleveland would get involved in the trade, they're receiving almost nothing in that scenario. I could only imagine using him as trade bait at the deadline to relieve somebody of cap room for next summer. This trade doesn't help them make a playoff push or set them up for the future.

Dallas on the other hand made out like a bandit in this scenario.

Whatever happens I dont wanna see any of the untouchables leave (Barnes, Klay, Steph)
They should never be mentioned in any trade offers. Everyone else is expendable.

You guys think Dwight's people told the warriors he will sign with them as long as they make the space? Cause they going all out for this now

No because he's historically been non-committal.

I look at it as you HAVE to try to go all in now. And if he doesn't pick us then we still have cap space and didn't disrupt too much.

Assuming Klay and Bogut would be packaged up. I could live with that as long as we dont go blow it on someone like Lee again.

Klay will be a good player in the league - but I don't cast him as "special". Therefore, to land one of the best Centers - I'd be ok with that.

If it was Klay AND Barnes, I'd have some hestiation because by the playoffs alone, Barnes can be a great piece to this team and I'd be hard pressed to take that away from the depth we need even w/ Howard

I just don't see Dwight as the corner stone of a championship team. I'd rather have klay and Barnes develop for another year and we can use our cap space in 2014 to add a nice piece or 2 w/o sacrificing young talent

He solves rebounding and defense and he wouldn't be scoring option number 1 or even 2 depending on the package we give up.

To me, you HAVE to roll the dice. And personally, I think he's going to HOU but for this franchise to attempt to even pull this off speaks volumes to where we're headed....finally.

I just don't see Dwight as the corner stone of a championship team. I'd rather have klay and Barnes develop for another year and we can use our cap space in 2014 to add a nice piece or 2 w/o sacrificing young talent

It's like Curry and Lee died in your Dwight scenario.

To me, you HAVE to roll the dice. And personally, I think he's going to HOU but for this franchise to attempt to even pull this off speaks volumes to where we're headed....finally.
Sexactly, Lacob and Meyers really impressed me this offseason.

We got a 1st round draft pick for like $500k (we paid $1m for Jeremy Tyler, 39th overall)
Euro D-Rose wasn't the sexiest pick, but the dude sounds like a promising young guy.
We didn't make any snap signings to appeal to the fans in the loss of Jack and Landry.

I guess I just have a higher opinion of klay and Barnes than you guys do. These dudes just balled out in the playoffs and their what 21 and 22 years old. Whose to say what Dwight will be or if he'll ever regain his old form. Cause the Dwight I saw last season better not be the one we're trading for.

Do you think his best years are behind him or in front of him??

Dwight Howard averaged 17ppg-12rpg-2bpg on a off year. Think about it.

Last edited:
Hard to say. My assumption is he never was fully healed last year and had to be out there. I don't think it's something he can't come back from and still dominate, but his ceiling is much, much higher than Bogut at this point in his career.

Further, wing type players can more easily be replaced then a good center. That's why I'm more apt to roll the dice.

I respect your opinion and your point is exactly why I'd be more hard pressed to let Barnes go than Klay, personally. I think Barnes will have a higher bball IQ and be an overall better defender in the long run than Klay.

Back
Top Bottom