GO TO SEASON THREAD.

Steph got #15 on SI.com top 100 list for next season :smokin

15. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors (G, 25)
2012-13 stats: 38.2 MPG, 22.9 PPG, 6.9 APG, 4 RPG, 1.6 SPG, 45.1 FG%, 45.3 3FG%
2012-13 advanced stats: 21.3 PER, 11.2 Win Shares, +4.2 RAPM

Curry’s play during Golden State’s magical run through the 2013 playoffs left many stunned, but his most staggering work was done during the regular season. Never before has an NBA player made as many three-pointers as Curry (a league-leading 272) while maintaining his level of accuracy (45.3 percent). Hasn’t happened. The closest contender is 2007-08 Peja Stojakovic, who hit 231 threes while shooting 44.1 percent. There really aren’t even that many players in the same ballpark: Fewer than 20 guys have hit 200 threes while shooting better than 40 percent.

That extraterrestrial marksmanship fueled Curry’s superlative advanced stats: Only five players matches his PER/Win Shares combination, and all five — LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook and James Harden — rank above him on this list. Unless calamity or injuries strike, Curry’s four-year, $44 million rookie extension will stand as one of the NBA’s best contracts for its entirety. And, now that he has a playoff series victory under his belt, Curry should be in line for All-Star selections and All-NBA consideration as he heads toward his prime years.

The beautiful paradox with Curry is that he is simultaneously one of the best shooters the league has ever seen while being way more than “just a shooter.” He’s a force in the pick-and-roll because he can step back and shoot, he can create off the dribble and he can make defenses pay for overcommitting with his passing. When used off the ball, his presence running through screens can create a distracting paranoia for defenses. His work ethic, love for the game, leadership skills and other intangibles are all off the charts. He has all the necessary ingredients to enjoy “franchise player” status for the better part of the next decade.

Being the league’s feel-good story of the season does mean there will be additional scrutiny in 2013-14. Can Curry the individual force carry a Golden State team that ranked No. 10 in offensive efficiency to even higher levels? Can Golden State find a way to play stingier team defense when Curry is involved (last year, Golden State’s defensive rating was 4.8 points worse when Curry was on the court)? Is Curry destined to be thought of as a James Harden/Carmelo Anthony type — an elite one-way threat — given the offensive burden he shoulders? Or can he manage to take a meaningful step forward on the defensive end? Can he keep the momentum going as the Warriors juggle the addition of Andre Iguodala, the return of David Lee and the loss of Jarrett Jack?

The answers to those questions will help determine the legitimacy of Golden State’s contention hopes. They will also help set Curry’s ceiling in future versions of this list, a ceiling that could be very high (top 10 next year?) indeed. – B.G.

After a great offseason, I am juiced for the Media day and the 2013-14 season. Downfall for me is that I got a new job back in Sacramento and probably will have to cough up funds for League Pass...But I can't wait. 

Also just realized that I haven't posted in here for a LONG time. lol. Hello, all.

What's up, LMR! A new job in Sac? I remember you went to school there and then I think I remember in your IG you posted pics working in downtown SF. Sucks man you going back to Sac. Hopefully with your new job, paying for League Pass won't hurt your wallet as much. :\

I know I'm a few days late with this interview, but I really enjoyed it. Dell, Steph, Mychael, and Klay.

Last edited:
Looks like Steph Curry is leaving Nike for UA

He was at my old HS (St. Joseph Notre Dame, Alameda, CA) the other day shooting a commercial in the gym.

A HS alumni is supposedly a big wig at Under Armour and convinced him to shoot there i guess...

check out the shoes n shorts....

View media item 593049

Last edited:
What's up, LMR! A new job in Sac? I remember you went to school there and then I think I remember in your IG you posted pics working in downtown SF. Sucks man you going back to Sac. Hopefully with your new job, paying for League Pass won't hurt your wallet as much.
ohwell.gif

I know I'm a few days late with this interview, but I really enjoyed it. Dell, Steph, Mychael, and Klay.
What's up, man! Yeah, it's a bummer that I did have to move away from SF...But since my fiance is already in Sac and I had a better job opportunity to live in a city with a lower cost of living, I took the offer. I know I can always be cheap and watch a streamed feed of the W's...But I believe this season is worthy of buying League Pass. Haha.

And that's cool if Steph signed with UA...Just as long as those shoes protect him from breaking his ankles, I'm all for it.

Looks like Steph Curry is leaving Nike for UA

He was at my old HS (St. Joseph Notre Dame, Alameda, CA) the other day shooting a commercial in the gym.

A HS alumni is supposedly a big wig at Under Armour and convinced him to shoot there i guess...

check out the shoes n shorts....

View media item 593049

Cam Newton probably convinced him to switch. You know how much Curry loves his Panthers.

What's up, man! Yeah, it's a bummer that I did have to move away from SF...But since my fiance is already in Sac and I had a better job opportunity to live in a city with a lower cost of living, I took the offer. I know I can always be cheap and watch a streamed feed of the W's...But I believe this season is worthy of buying League Pass. Haha.

And that's cool if Steph signed with UA...Just as long as those shoes protect him from breaking his ankles, I'm all for it.

Yeah, that's true. Fiance, better job, lower cost of living. Seems like a no-brainer.

And I'm about to cop some UA soon. :lol:

I still don't get the fad with sleeved jerseys. Does anyone know why the W's never wore the jersey's from the early 90's?

Ognjen Kuzmic, hopefully will be better than Andris Biedrins in the long run. lol Bogut definitely looks to be in shape. 

I can't wait for the fist game of the preseason...I want the season to start already.

Those jerseys are hideous.

Paul, we gonna do a fantasy league this year? Consider me in if yes!

We need to do another one Paul.  My team hasnt been competitive since 2011.  I need some redemption. 
laugh.gif

He missed quite a good amount last season, which is why they did the radio/television commentating together.

Any idea why he's retiring? I wonder who's gonna replace him.

Too bad he can't take bob with him. I like Tolbert, but I doubt he'd want to do a full season.

Pair bob and GPap :lol:

Not going to lie, this is probably the 2nd season in 15 years I've been hyped for. Marcus Thompson is doing his part by adding to it - this article on Bogut:

Andrew Bogut looks like 'a whole new player'

OAKLAND -- Warriors center Andrew Bogut, during one of the Warriors pre-training camp scrimmage sessions, snatched a rebound off the backboard and took off.

He evaded one defender with an around-the-back dribble as he led his team up the court, capping the fast break with a sweet bounce pass to set up an easy layup. The sight left forward Harrison Barnes salivating.

"It's like he's a whole new player now that he's 100 percent," Barnes said. "No question it's exciting to think how good we can be with him healthy."

Players and coaches can't stop raving about their new-look starting center. Entering his ninth season, Bogut said he has shed nearly 20 pounds and that the surgically repaired left ankle that gave him so many problems last season is fully healed.
What hasn't fully healed is Bogut's pride. You can still hear the disappointment in his voice when he talks about his "subpar" production last season. You can see the irritation welling up in his eyes when he explains the anchor ankle he's been dragging around the last two years.

But that's a good thing for the Warriors. He plays better when he has something to prove. And Bogut opened training camp Saturday with a point to make to himself, to his haters, to the front office weighing whether to give him a contract extension.

Truth: Golden State's best chance of going further in the playoffs is if Bogut proves his point.

"I think I play a vital position in the NBA," Bogut said, "and it was proven in the playoffs how valuable a big fella is. ... If you can plug the paint up, protect the rim, be vocal out there and grab those rebounds, that's just as valuable as scoring I think. ... I'm OK with the pressure. I firmly believe I can do that."

Bogut acknowledges that he never thought he could get back to this level of health. He acknowledges having some "dark days" in which the pain caused him to lose faith, when the immobility drummed up doubt.

But he said he is encouraged by the flashes he showed in the postseason. Bogut averaged 7.2 points on 58.3 percent shooting with 10.9 rebounds and 1.5 blocks. He was dominant at times. But even then, it came with a price.

"There were times where I played horrendously and it really affected me," Bogut said. "Even in the Denver games, when I played well, I still didn't feel good doing it. I went home from a couple of those games, and I felt like I'd been hit by a truck."
He took a month off after the season to let his ankle fully heal. Then he gradually, and progressively, strengthened it.

By August, he was free of pain and swelling and ready for full-contact workouts. After executing a new offseason regimen, he came to the Bay Area looking like a new man.

"He's got a lot less body fat and a lot more strength," forward David Lee said. "He looks unbelievable moving around. I played against him (when he was) in Milwaukee a lot. To me, this is the best I've seen him move."

Bogut even on one leg is a solid defender, especially in the context of Warriors basketball. But it seems what really gets to him, what really appears to frustrate him, is how much his injury impaired him on offense.

Many times on the court, he said he felt like a liability. For a player with his basketball IQ and skill set, that ate at him, just the thought of people viewing him as an offensive scrub.

You get the sense now he can't wait to show that part of his game. His handles. His post game. His touch around the basket. Apparently, without the anchor ankle, he's showing it all in the private workouts.

"This is my first time seeing him like this," Barnes said. "Just seeing the things he can do on the court: post up, get to the basket, run up and down full speed, finish at the rim, get the rebound and push on the break."

Bogut is in the final year of his contract paying him $14 million this season. He said he believes he's the difference-maker for the Warriors, what they need to reach the Western Conference finals and beyond. Golden State management is taking a wait-and-see approach when it comes to a contract extension.

Bogut said he is not concerned about the money, believing it will all work out. But he said when he comes out and produces, reclaiming his position among the NBA's top centers, don't say it was because of the money. It was because he is finally 100 percent.

"One hundred and 10 percent," Bogut said. "I feel great."

Back
Top Bottom