GO TO SEASON THREAD.

Im fine with the Iggy signing... he was the second best free agent. No matter what we got better from last year... basically replacing bums that stayed on the bench the whole season. It looks like were following the heat playbook and having a "position-less" roster. Its a bunch of combo G/F which isn't bad when you have a solid C to hold down the paint. Hopefully Bogut shows out this season

Intersting that one of the reasons he didn't sign with us is we hadn't extended Mark Jackson yet

I thought GS were going to pull a last second trick for Howard.

But this team is still looking great. Probbaly can do without Howard cause they did not have to lose any solid pieces.
Iggy can be the person that guards Kobe / KD / LBJ / Melo.
Iggy don't score a huge amount but he does alot of little things and is defensive. Barnes off the bench

Bogut
Lee
Iggy
Klay
Steph

Last edited:
I think people forget how well Iggy can bring the ball up court and be a point forward. This is a win regardless of no Dwight.

I dunno bruhs. Im not too happy having Barnes or Klay come off the bench. Was looking forward to seeing Harrison explode next season and average 16 & 8.
Im glad we got rid of Beans and Jefferson's terrible contract but this doesnt put us in a good position cap wise with next years free agent bonanza.
This move puts us at 58 mill in salaries for next season with 10 signed players.
That gives us 13 mil to spend and not hit the luxury tax. Gotta sign a backup PG, C and PF at 4 mil each.

Curry
Klay
Barnes
Iggy
Lee

Basically a poor mans miami heat lineup.. Wouldn't be able to rebound but run teams out the building and be super quick on switches/rotations

Last edited:
If Myers can somehow  flip David Lee, he is a god.

Love the Iggy deal - a smallball lineup with Steph, Klay, Iggy, Barnes, *relatively healthy Bogut could be lethal.

Is the money the main reason why so many of you guys dont like David Lee? I get that hes basically a waste of space defensively and apparently all of his rebounds are "empty" according to the statisticians but IMO his upside far outweighs his downside. Hes a top 3 offensive PF in my opinion, his offensive moveset is so varied that hes a must keep. He can put the ball in the basket from anywhere up to 18 feet and hes good on the left and right side. Pick and roll with him and Steph>>>>>> I wouldnt want to move him at all.

Love the Iggy move...Barnes can play stretch 4 now at time and you can go small ball with Bogut when Lee is killing y'all as he will do at times. Definitely a contender in the west now.

Is the money the main reason why so many of you guys dont like David Lee? I get that hes basically a waste of space defensively and apparently all of his rebounds are "empty" according to the statisticians but IMO his upside far outweighs his downside. Hes a top 3 offensive PF in my opinion, his offensive moveset is so varied that hes a must keep. He can put the ball in the basket from anywhere up to 18 feet and hes good on the left and right side. Pick and roll with him and Steph>>>>>> I wouldnt want to move him at all.

Yeah to me he aint worth close to 14 mil for next season. Carl Landry can give you that production for 5 mil given Lee's minutes.
He's way overpaid IMO.

He's overpaid, but Landry won't give you what Lee does. Teams give these horrible contracts then try to get out of them 2 years later, knowing that they're guaranteed. Nobody can fault Lee because nobody here would turn down money if somebody is just throwing it at you.

Oh nice addition and subtraction. Sad to see Rush go like that but it is what it is. Best of luck to him in Utah. Finally Iggy becomes a Warrior :lol: :pimp: Barnes not gonna be affected too much, he'll play that Kawhi Leonard role just fine.
What defensive big man is available?

Out of the unrestricted free agents we could try to sign JJ Hickson, Zaza Pachulia, Mareese Speights, Ronny Turiaf to help out at the 4/5.
Ideally we bring back Jack and Landry and sign Hickson. All 3 of em for 14 mill total to not hit the luxury tax. Unrealistic but I can dream.

Last edited:
Out of the unrestricted free agents we could try to sign JJ Hickson, Zaza Pachulia, Mareese Speights, Ronny Turiaf to help out at the 4/5.
Ideally we bring back Jack and Landry and sign Hickson. All 3 of em for 14 mill total to not hit the luxury tax. Unrealistic but I can dream.
Of course I'm gonna go with what you feel is ideal.

But if we can't get Landry, Jack, OR Hickson, my next pick would be Speights. With PT, he's been able to put up some nice numbers.

Team will only have the mid level to sign their remaining players. The team was at $70 before the trade and are at $58 after.

I also like Lee....on this team when Bogut is healthy. Spreads the floor well for a 4 man. Bogut can hide some of his defensive shortcomings. He is over paid, but we signed him at a time when the team was AWFUL, team had no choice.

MLE and league minimums are all they've got left. The MLE could be used on Jack if he's willing to take it. I think he'd be very good anywhere he goes, I just don't think he's $8-9 million per year good.

Landry is as good as gone. Cant see him taking a haircut to sign with us rather than one of his other suitors outside of maybe Cle or Mil.

MLE and league minimums are all they've got left. The MLE could be used on Jack if he's willing to take it. I think he'd be very good anywhere he goes, I just don't think he's $8-9 million per year good.

We also have the TPE of $20M from the RJ and Beidrins trade. Though those are just a waste, cause I wouldn't want to take on more terrible contracts.

Back
Top Bottom