Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by Supafly122

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by THE GR8

also just a thought... Why the $%@! no Lee in that commercial?! You got every scrub on a cover and you dont have one with our best player...� maybe Spike's got some inside info
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

[h1]David Lee Sign-And-Trade?[/h1]
Jun 07, 2009 7:30 AM EST

Lee_David_nyk.jpg
In an apparent attempt to maximize salary cap space in 2010, Donnie Walsh is trying to work a sign-and-trade deal for David Lee.
grin.gif

If the Knicks never traded any of their "future draft picks" away in previous deals from years past, this would be one hell of a line-up:

C : Nene
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge
SF: Danilo Gallinari
SG: Trevor Ariza
PG: Jamal Tinsley

nene is injury prone. ariza would not have developed into the player he is right now with zeke.
jamal...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[h1]ORLANDO'S GORTAT ON KNICKS RADAR[/h1]
[h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]LOS ANGELES -- Though the Knicks likely will take a combo-type guard in the June 25 NBA Draft, Knicks team president Donnie Walsh willeye a center with his $5 million mid-level exception during free agency, and Orlando's 7-foot backup Marcin Gortat is very high on his list, The Post haslearned

The Knicks had no interior defensive presence, and that's Gortat's strength. He also blocks shots and rebounds. (The Knicks were last in blockedshots the past two years).

The Polish big man originally was drafted by coach Mike D'Antoni's Suns in the second round of 2005, but they traded his rights. Gortat probablywill not be re-signed because he plays a smallish role as Dwight Howard's backup and the Magic can't pay him accordingly.

Gortat said the Knicks could be an ideal spot. Gortat (four points, three rebounds) played 15 minutes last night as Magic coach Stan Van Gundy often used atwin-tower alignment to combat the Lakers' size.

Magic general manager Otis Smith can match any offer, but said he knows it will be a financial challenge to retain Gortat.

"He's got the best job in America, playing behind my best player, playing 8 to 10 minutes," Smith said. "He goes out and does his job andprobably has the best work ethic of anyone in the locker room. Can he start for another team? Yeah he can.

"I'll just deal with it and the market will dictate where he goes," Smith added. "I would like to keep him on our team, but it depends ifsomeone wants to make him a starter and figures out what's my breaking point. I'm sure teams will make a run for him."

Gortat averaged 12 minutes, scoring 3.8 points and 4.5 rebounds. Van Gundy, whose Magic team lost 101-96 in overtime and trails the best-of-seven series,2-0, said he may play him more in The Finals to combat the Lakers' size advantage.

"I love New York, I can tell you that," Gortat said. "It was the first city I landed when I landed in the states five years ago. I love CoachD'Antoni and I know [Danilo] Gallinari from Europe."

Phil Jackson admitted he had many similarities with Dodgers' manager Joe Torre.

"Joe's low-key manner is something to what I have. He seems to be able to take everything in hand, the players' personalities. He's got tobe real good because of the type of characters he's had in various spots."

ABC's Mark Jackson still has coaching on his radar. The commentator recently hired an agent -- CAA -- to help his search. Jackson did not get anyinterviews during this offseason.

"I look forward to making that guy who has the courage to pull the trigger, I'm looking forward to making him look awfully good," Jacksonsaid.

LOS ANGELES -- Though the Knicks likely will take a combo-type guard in the June 25 NBA Draft, Knicks team president Donnie Walsh will eye a center with his $5 million mid-level exception during free agency, and Orlando's 7-foot backup Marcin Gortat is very high on his list, The Post has learned.

The Knicks had no interior defensive presence, and that's Gortat's strength. He also blocks shots and rebounds. (The Knicks were last in blocked shots the past two years).

The Polish big man originally was drafted by coach Mike D'Antoni's Suns in the second round of 2005, but they traded his rights. Gortat probably will not be re-signed because he plays a smallish role as Dwight Howard's backup and the Magic can't pay him accordingly.

Gortat said the Knicks could be an ideal spot. Gortat (four points, three rebounds) played 15 minutes last night as Magic coach Stan
Van Gundy often used a twin-tower alignment to combat the Lakers' size.

"I love New York, I can tell you that," Gortat said. "It was the first city I landed when I landed in the states five years ago. I love Coach D'Antoni and I know [Danilo] Gallinari from Europe."

watchin him in Game 1, I thought to myself he's a guy we should target.

he gives us what we need, and he gets up and down the floor well. He's not providing any offense but who cares. There's a risk with a MLE on a back upcenter who becomes a Fa (jerome james among many others) but I think Gortat is pretty good.

Could care less about Lee...moving him with Curry/Jared means that we'll get Amare or Bosh to go with LeBron. I think I can live with that.

wow. i was just thinking about gortat in a knick uniform the other day. i wouldnt mind he's a great back up C

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

yo Proshare, I got that last spot. Lemme know when you want me to papypal you the money. I want to see Mez cry when they draft a random euro.

Aight. Just pay me the day of the draft.

Jun 08, 2009 11:32 AM EST

Rodriguez_Sergio_por.jpg
According to a report from Yahoo-Eurosport, the Knicks will acquire Sergio Rodriguez in a draft night trade.

Sources from the Knicks say the two sides have had a deal agreed upon for almost three weeks.

Mike D'Antoni is reportedly driving the interest in the Portland point guard.

Gortat
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I actually would be happy with that. Hopefully we dont overpay for him but i would hit him up with a 1 yr MLE, and if he pans out than a possible resign nextsummer, kinda like what we did with Duhon last sumer. But he is big and he moves decently and he blocks shots. Orlando coaches rave about his work ethic.

also...
According to a report from Yahoo-Eurosport, the Knicks will acquire Sergio Rodriguez in a draft night trade.

Sources from the Knicks say the two sides have had a deal agreed upon for almost three weeks.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I love this. Im a big fan of Serg some of yall may know. I wanted the Knicks to take him badly the year we drafted Balkman. And any PG that D'Antoni isthat big of a fan of has to be pretty good. I think hed excel in our system, possibly overtaking Duhon as a starter. And who knows if we draft anotherPG/resign Nate/sign that other Spaniard it may make Duhon expendable to trade his expiring contract. Possibly clearing more cap space in the process or earningfuture draft picks/picks later in this draft.
nerd.gif

And im iffy on the both Lee and Nate sirtuation. I have strong arguments supporting both sides as i know most of yall do as well so i will not get into it now,and i guess ill just wait and see how it plays out
laugh.gif

I've been watching the Magic all season, and Gortat would be a great addition to the Knicks. He plays defense, can get up and down the court, isn't ahuge offensive threat, but has a decent post game.

my stance on D'Antoni as a coach is well known by now. I love the guy. And as a person I love the guy for hishonesty and personality.

But, it seems he has quite a bit of say in the talent we're bringing in and while I like a lot of it...my one concern is how much of a lack of athleticismwe might encounter.

It concerns me. and the more new names pop up they have the same deficiency (s).

though, If we snag Flynn that changes a little

Reading the RealGM boards, it could be for the Balkman trade exeption and a second round pick.

Still enough time for it to expand to something bigger.

*Shrugs*

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Sergio Rodriguez? Ehhhhh
He's actually good when I seen him play in Portland.
Gortat would start on the NYK, no reason why a defensive C would come off the bench on this roster.
Who or what are we giving up for Sergio?

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Rodriguez_Sergio_por.jpg

???????

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Rodriguez_Sergio_por.jpg

???????

link: http://es.eurosport.yahoo...les-figuras/article/290/
http://translate.google.c...l=en&history_state0= (google translate to English)

Back
Top Bottom