Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by Woodside718

DLee + Jeffries for Srod, Rudy F, Outlaw, Pryzbilla......Lets get it Donnie
We're already suppose to get Sergio in the draft, don't know who or what we're giving up

Ok, someone breakdown having Sergio on this squad. He's a real talented playmaker, bad defender and a subpar shooter. Do you all think his positivesoutweigh his negatives?

Nah but for real I believe Detroit will get DLee instead of Portland

I dont see how Dlee fits in Portland. They already have Aldrige and Oden so they would be payin 8-10 mil for a 6th man? What they really need is a sf or pg.

I didn't think about Lee ending up in DET
tired.gif
.... We need to get Kirilenko on thisteam somehow

^andrei(sp) has a pretty bad contract, but if they're willingly to swap contracts for andrei for jefferies, im down.
utah has a weak front court imo. milsap+boozer aint cutting it.

Originally Posted by Woodside718

laugh.gif
@ AK no to him. Wats good with that Raja Bell and Diaw deal involving ECurry from before?
nerd.gif
Maybe before the deadline saying how he's working out hard..

eek.gif
eek.gif

raja bell+diaw back in mikes run and gun system?
mj stay taking back bad contracts.
first vlad and now curry?

[h1]Lee: 'There's Already Been A Lot Of Interest'[/h1]
Jun 21, 2009 10:41 AM EST

Lee_David_nyk.jpg
Knicks forward David Lee says that heis already garnering a lot of interest on the free agent market.

"There already been a lot of interest," Lee said. "There's definitely a bunch of teams very interested. It's a matter of how seriousthat interest is and what the Knicks want to do about it."

Lee, a restricted free agent, is free to negotiate with other teams beginning on July 1.

"I know the Knicks want me to be here, they know I want to be here," Lee said. "It's a matter of how things shake out in the draft andwhat decisions they want to make not just for this year but 2010 as well."

Good stuff from Michael Lee of TheWashington Post.
3647554968_73cb6c1e2e.jpg

"…The latest rumor has the New York Knicks interested in moving up to No. 5 in order to take one of the many players they reportedly covet - Stephen Curry, Jordan Hill or Jrue Holiday. According to NBAdraft.net, the Knicks have offered guard Wilson Chandler as part of a package to move up. The report also states that the Knicks might be able to add the No. 5 pick without sacrificing the eight pick, which I find a bit implausible. Chandler is a decent player - the 6-foot-8, soon-to-be third year swingman averaged 14.4 points and 5.4 rebounds in Mike D'Antoni's high octane offense last year - but no way is he worth the fifth pick straight up. Especially not after recently having surgery to remove bone spurs from his left ankle…

…I can easily see the Wizards moving down in this draft, since, based on conversations that I've had with people around the league, there really isn't much separation from the players in that four through 10 range. It really comes down to how desperate a team is to get that one player it desires. I spoke with a player agent who told me that from his conversations with league executives, there will be enough trades this Thursday to blow away any wild draft day in recent memory - including 2006, when there were 15 trades on draft night. The wackiest night belonged to Foye, who pulled off a draft night hat trick as he was drafted by Boston, traded to Portland then traded to Minnesota.

I can also tell you that unless he is totally blown away, Ernie Grunfeld does not plan on trading any of his Big Three (Gilbert Arenas, Caron Butler or Antawn Jamison) in any deal. His hope is to use the fifth pick as his primary asset in any deal, not the pick and one of his top three players. The goal is to add to the Wizards core, not subtract from it…"

First off, I challenge Smith's take on Chandler. He's clearly not that familiar with him by calling him "decent." Oleksiy Pecherov, Darius Songaila, and Andray Blatche are "decent." It bothers me when opposing writers say things about a player when they aren't real familiar with their game.

Chandler is a coach's dream, and the Wiz, or anyorganization, would want the total package that Will brings. And to say 5-for-Chandler is hard to believe is inaccurate in my opinion. Had Chandler stayed inschool he would be a top 10 pick in this draft, and he's already established. So it would be pretty even in that sense. But I wouldn't expect ErnieGrunfeld to do the Knicks any favors.

With impending free agency right around the corner, it appears that one suitor who was once hot and heavy for David Lee, no longer has interest.

A source close to the Blazers braintrust has informed TKB that the Blazers seem to have an off season plan in place and that they are desperately trying tomove Martell Webster, Sergio Rodriguez and Travis Outlaw so they can make a play for Orlando's Hedo Turkoglu. As we've reported, Andre Miller is also a target with Jason Kidd's namepopping up as well should Miller remain in Philly.

With an estimated Salary Cap of $57 Million for the upcoming 2009-10 season, you would figure that both Miller and Turkoglu would demand a combined $20million (roughly) so the Blazers could make it work if they can dump a few salaries.

The Blazers did have their sights on Lee during the season, but now are zoned in on Turkoglu, which removes a team with cap space from the Lee situation,unless the team works out a sign and trade in July.

The Blazers organization is enamored with the big forward who can shoot based on Hedo's play for the Magic this year. It appears they would think thatif they were to spend the money, they'd rather strengthen their perimeter offense, which Lee does not bring.

In addition, they loved what they saw in Denver's acquiring Chauncey Billups and are serious about adding a veteran quarterback with Miller atop thelist.
"Hedo and the point guard are the targets," the source told me. "After whiffing at the trade deadline, they are primed to make some things happen. I don't know if they are the right things, but they have a plan in motion."

To add another layer, reports claim that the Blazers have theirsites set on Stephen Curry and are trying to trade up, but from what our mole told us that is a long shot at best. Looking to add some size and energy,which is what Lee would bring, the Blazers are gauging where Tyler Hansbrough status is and very well make a deal to snag the UNC product.

This should be good news for Lee in the sense that it could assure his stay in New York, which is where he wanted to be all along, albeit for a more modestsalary. The Pistons and maybe the Bulls would also figure to be in the mix for Lee.
"…"There already been a lot of interest," Lee told the Post's Marc Berman. "There's definitely a bunch of teams very interested. It's a matter of how serious that interest is and what the Knicks want to do about it…"

But as it stands, one of the bigger one-time suitors is not in the mix at the moment.

i guess broy at the 2 and hedo at the 3.
maybe they're scared broy might leave em in 2010?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

First off, I challenge Smith's take on Chandler. He's clearly not that familiar with him by calling him "decent." Oleksiy Pecherov, Darius Songaila, and Andray Blatche are "decent." It bothers me when opposing writers say things about a player when they aren't real familiar with their game.

Chandler is a coach's dream, and the Wiz, or any organization, would want the total package that Will brings. And to say 5-for-Chandler is hard to believe is inaccurate in my opinion. Had Chandler stayed in school he would be a top 10 pick in this draft, and he's already established. So it would be pretty even in that sense. But I wouldn't expect Ernie Grunfeld to do the Knicks any favors.
Come on man, I love the Knicks, but you don't really believe that, do you?
I keep hearing people saying what if with Wilson, but maybe the 2 years in the NBA is what has helped him the most right now with his growth.
Chandler is still really inconsistent & needs alot of work, so I don't see why any team would even consider trading him for a top 10 pick, or makinghim the centerpiece of any trade.

Remember Ray Allen was traded for the 5th pick in the draft 2 years back.

[h1]Chandler hobbling around[/h1]
By MARC BERMAN

At an NBA function, Wilson Chandlerhttp://shots.snap.com/explore/53412...rc=&cp=&asp=Wilson Chandler&dfs=10&tol=engageWilson Chandler limped around the South StreetSeaport yesterday in a walking boot on his left foot. He had ankle surgery to remove two bone spurs June 4th. He won't be on the basketball court until theend of July.

He had planned on participating on the Knicks summer-league team but that's by the wayside. It's too bad. Chandler, who has to work on hisballhandling, could have used the games in Vegas. Missing two months of offseason training is not good for a player still developing. Remember he could begoing into his senior year at DePaul. Chandler is as important a part of the Knick future as anyone but you wouldn't know it because he's quiet and nota good quote.

The Knicks, according to Chandler, want him to work on ballhandling. That's because there's a chance Chandler will be their starting shooting guardnext season. "Whatever they want me to play, I'll play,'' Chandler said. "I think I'm 3 or a 4, mostly 3, but I can make thetransition to shooting guard.''

That was their void last season following the Jamal Crawfordhttp://shots.snap.com/explore/32222...src=&cp=&asp=Jamal Crawford&dfs=10&tol=engageJamal Crawford /Cuttino Mobley deal. QuentinRichardson did not fill it well and neither did Larry Hughes, who looked shot.

I can envision a starting lineup of Stephen Curry at the point, Chandler at the 2, Danilo Gallinari at the 3, David Lee at the 4 and either Jared Jeffries,Eddy Curry or Marcin Gortat, the Orlando free-agent, at center. PG Chris Duhon, entering the last year of his two-year contract, might be better being phasedout as a reserve.

The Knicks love Chandler's versatility because he can play three positions. Chandler and Gallinari, Thursday night's pick, and possibly Lee are thedraws to free agents in 2010.

--

If the Knicks wind up with Jrue Holiday Thursday night, it's not much of an evening to celebrate. The Knicks need outside shooters for this 3-pointoffense and Holiday isn't much of a shooter. Holiday will work out Monday for the second time in Westchester. If Curry is gone, Memphis PG Tyreke Evans maybe there. Again, not a reason to toast the night. If Jordan Hill falls, the Arizona PF, Walsh has a major decision to make regarding the makeup of this team.The Knicks have a lot of power forwards - including Lee - but Hill would fall into the best-player-available category. Hill can also play center but is notconsidered a great post defender.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

If the Blazers want Curry that bad I'd trade the 8 for Bayless. Hell I just want Bayless on this team.

laugh.gif
could have had him last year.

23225cbee234497db06c7d22bd69f471dd69d94.jpg

I really dont wanna see Chandler or Lee go anywhere, I love them in NY
pimp.gif

I think our #1 goal should be somehow getting rid of Eddie Curry
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom