Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

One would think Bayless wants to get out of Portland anyway. Dude gets little to no burn on that guard-heavy squad. I'd willingly package Chandler andCurry, for the sake of that horrid contract. I like Chandler, but am not enamored by him.

Although I'd be hella pissed if we did drop Chandler and he becomes Ariza 2.0
laugh.gif

Damn you Isiah Thomas!!!

Ariza would never have developed here.

Nor is he worth the $ he'll get this summer, anyway. Nobody stands within 5 feet of him on the perimeter, he better have started to make some shots.

lee, gallinari, and chandler are the only knicks that MUST stay everyone else can get the $%+* outta here

"[My draft strategy] came from growing up on the playgrounds and having to pick players -- and not wanting to lose."
Zeke
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

When it came to drafts Zeke has been THAT dude...

anyhow I agree with Donnie. If we trade up i do not want Curry. Curry would be a nice pick at 8 imo but he is not nice enough to trade up to get. If we dotrade up i want Thabeet or Rubio end of discussion.

Also i dont know if i would be willing to give up ILL Will and our 8 pick to take Rubio, when we can very well keep Will and stand pat at 8 and draft J Flynn.As my man before said if Will stays at Depaul hes a top 10 pick in this draft and IMO Flynn + Will > Rubio... but if we can trade Will straight up for a top5 pick, take Thabeet, STILL have Gallo at the the 3 and than take Flynn at 8 that would be
smokin.gif

idk sooo many possibilities gonna be a crazzzzy night. After #1 this is the most uncertain draft in recent memory
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

As for Gallo everyboy shut the *!## up now! None of yall have seen $+*! from him. Walsh and D'Antoni are both very high on him and both are proven winners.He is not going anywhere soon so lets hope for the best from him and stop the $%!*$!! *****ing.
indifferent.gif

2. Rubio seems like a less athletic Rondo (not a bad thing, but not good and probably not worht risking trading Will),
I disagreed with almost everything on that list but this had to be the worst one by far. Rubios future career > Rondos. Rondo would be $+*! ifit wasnt for his supporting cast and Rubio >>>>>>>>>>> every single aspect of the game besides athleticism than Rondo. AndRubios not nonathletic either. I didnt like the sound of him at 1st but after seeing and hearing more of him, i dont love him and i dont like Internationalsbut i could live with him hes gonna be a good player someday IMO and he can run this team from the point.

My draft board as of now...

1. Thabeet (possibly worth a trade up)
2. Rubio (possibly worth a trade up)

players available at 8 possibly but not worth a trade up if they are gone before...

1. Curry
2. Flynn
3. Jordan Hill
4. Evans
5. Jennings
rest (NO JRUE $%!*$!! HOLLIDAY!!)
I think our #1 goal should be somehow getting rid of Eddie Curry
nerd.gif

AGREED that fat $+*! is a big black hole on the court and on out 2010 salary
smh.gif

got damn i hate posting after missing a few days on this thread especially around draft time
laugh.gif

As my man before said if Will stays at Depaul hes a top 10 pick in this draft
i thought this before as well. not anymore.

no knock on will, but that case can be made for so many guys.

I cannot wait until thursday night, I have a feeling the reaction for whoever we get will be better then the one galinarie got last year
laugh.gif

ppl watching the draft will notice Team NYK on TV
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
you'll see
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
.....and by the way, I dare one of you bring a sign that says"Hello NT" on it
grin.gif
laugh.gif
...just to see if it makes it on TV and the reaction that ppl will have in theS&T forum lol

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Originally Posted by MeloVP

laugh.gif

steph got him back tho

Yes, but barely. I like how Flynn forced Curry to go to his left. Curry looked like a turnover waiting to happen until he got the reverse lol.
Show me what video you're watching.

I would be willing to part with Chandler if it meant the number 5 pick and getting Rubio, but not if it's the #8 and Chandler, that's too much for me.

If we stay at 8, I'm pleased with both Flynn and Curry. I think Curry would flourish in this system, and I'm just concerned about him running thepoint, but again... in this system he works.

I'm just a fan of Flynn, loved him at Cuse, like everything I'm hearing about him from workouts and combines, he's a tad short, but nothing thatcan't be overcome by his strength and speed.

well, i think in the predraft, double j's posted an article saying the knicks weren't interested in trading chandler just to move up.
only if they can get rid of a bad contract (ie jefferies/curry)

Why the Knicks don't have youtube footage of the workouts is beyond me
indifferent.gif

DeRozan Ready to Make the Leap to the Pros

by Mike Slane, NYKnicks.com
Posted Jun 18 2009 7:45 p.m.

Nate Robinson might be defending his slam dunk title against a teammate next season.
The Knicks, who will select at No. 8 in next week's NBA Draft, worked out USC's high-flying freshman Demar DeRozan at the team's training center on Thursday. DeRozan is perhaps the draft's best finisher around the rim and is ready to showcase his hops on the league's biggest stage.

"I think I got one more dunk contest victory in me," said DeRozan, who won the McDonald's Slam Dunk championship as a high school senior. "That's something I'm definitely going to look forward to come All-Star weekend."

First, though, DeRozan needs to be drafted to an NBA franchise.

The 6-foot-6 forward has already worked out for four other teams prior to coming to New York and he will visit Memphis (No. 3) and Sacramento (No. 4) before next Thursday's draft.

"A lot of people say (the Raptors) promised me, and a lot of people say I'd come in and be the next Vince (Carter)," DeRozan said. "But I really won't know until draft night."

Being compared to extremely athletic players is nothing new for DeRozan, who has also been viewed as the next Kobe Bryant or Richard Jefferson. But when asked which players he would compare himself to, DeRozan said he wants to make his own stamp in the NBA.

"I just want to separate myself from everybody else and be my own player," he said

DeRozan, who averaged 13.9 points, 5.7 rebounds and 1.5 assists for the Trojans last season, would be able to separate himself from most rookies if he gets the opportunity to play in New York. Head Coach Mike D'Antoni's fast-paced system is a perfect fit for players with DeRozan's skill-set.

"Who wouldn't love playing in D'Antoni's system?" DeRozan asked. "I'd love it. They get out and play. They let their players play. There are no restrictions on any of his players, so every player would love playing for D'Antoni."

And the fact that the Knicks play at the World's Most Famous Arena would make coming to New York even more special for DeRozan.

"Every legend has played here from (Michael) Jordan to Patrick Ewing, everybody," he said. "Then Kobe and LeBron (James) this past season with what they did, this atmosphere would be great."

--------------------------------
[Terrence] Williams Hopes to Join Childhood Friend Robinson in New York

Posted Jun 17 2009 7:00 p.m.

Seattle's Rainier Beach High School has already produced two Knicks guards. Louisville senior Terrence Williams could be lucky No. 3 to wear the blue and orange.
Williams, who attended the same high school as former Knicks shooting guard Jamal Crawford and current Knicks sixth-man Nate Robinson, worked out for New York at the team's training center on Wednesday. He was joined by five other NBA hopefuls looking to be selected by the Knicks in next week's draft, as a familiar face looked on.

"It was great competition," the 6-foot-6 Williams said. "You had everybody in charge - as far as the GM to the head coach to Nate Robinson, my best friend - on the sideline the whole time."

Williams would like nothing more to play alongside Robinson next season. The Seattle natives have been friends since the second grade and together led Rainier Beach to the 3A state title in 2002. While Williams never had the chance to play high school ball with Crawford, he also considers the nine-year NBA veteran a good friend and mentor as well.

"We all knew each other for the same amount of time, but (my relationship) is stronger with Nate because I grew up around him," Williams said. "Jamal is just older, so he's like that distant big brother you look up to because he was in the NBA before everybody. He's just like the older brother for everybody."

With the support of Robinson and Crawford, it's safe to say Williams has a pretty good understanding of what to expect not only in the NBA but in New York. He saw how Robinson elevated his game in his first season under Head Coach Mike D'Antoni and would welcome the opportunity to play in the Knicks' up-tempo system.

"I would love it because it's the same type of system he had with Phoenix," Williams said. "And having that system here, getting to play with a great guard in Nate, great wings and great big men will benefit my game a lot."

An NBA-caliber athlete with an extremely versatile skill-set, Williams says he can play three positions and considers himself as a player "who does the little things" on the court. He averaged 12.5 points, 8.6 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 2.3 steals last season as he helped lead the Cardinals to their first Big East regular season and tournament titles.

Williams' workout with the Knicks was his 12th overall so far, with one more planned for Friday in New Jersey. He is projected to go anywhere from the Warriors at No. 7 to the Mavericks at No. 22, making him one of the most intriguing prospects in the draft.

"I consider myself as that player like Scottie Pippen," Williams said. "Not saying I'm Scottie Pippen, but when Scottie Pippen got drafted, he got drafted fifth I believe and they thought he was going to go 25th or something. Teams fell in love with him and he went fifth. I'm just hoping it's the same thing with me."

And if all plays out right for Williams, he could be sharing a backcourt with Robinson once again.

----------------------------------------------

alien.gif

[Jordan] Hill a Strong Frontcourt Option for Knicks

Posted Jun 10 2009 9:00 p.m.

With just about every elite point guard prospect not named Ricky Rubio already making their way to the MSG Training Center for workouts, many experts see the Knicks going small in next week's NBA Draft.

But that didn't prevent Arizona forward Jordan Hill from visiting New York on Tuesday. Perhaps the most athletic big man in the draft, Hill believes he'd be a great addition to the run-and-gun Knicks if he's still available at the No. 8 spot.

"If they do want me, I think I'm a good pick for them," Hill said after his solo workout session in front of President Donnie Walsh and the Knicks' coaching staff. "We just have to see how they feel about me. I know I'm not the only person they've seen, so we just have to see how they feel and who will fit best for them."

Several prospects have expressed interest in playing in Head Coach Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo offensive system over the past two weeks, and Hill is no different. The 6-foot-10 Hill thinks he could have similar success in the system as All-Star forward Amar'e Stoudemire, who helped lead the Suns to four 50-win seasons under D'Antoni.

"I love looking at Amar'e," Hill said. "(D'Antoni) is up-tempo and he's definitely a very smart coach. He did the right things for Amar'e. Amar'e is a star player now. When D'Antoni was there, Amar'e shined. He really did good."

Hill raised his stock possibly more than any other player in the draft after a breakout junior season when he became the first Wildcat to average double figures in both scoring (18.3) and rebounding (11.3) in the same season in 30 years. He is now projected to go as high as the third pick, but realizes "anything can happen in this draft."

Hill worked out for Golden State (No. 7) last week and plans to visit Memphis (No. 3) and Washington (No. 5) before shutting it down for the June 25 draft. He called working out for the Knicks a "back up plan" in case he slips past the aforementioned teams.

But that doesn't mean that playing in New York isn't at the top of his list.

"We're hearing a lot of feedback on who can be selected and who can trade up, so I really don't know (what will happen)," Hill said. "New York is really a great place and I'd really love to play for them, but we'll see how it all plays out on the 25th."

--------------------------------------

[Tyreke] Evans Looks to Follow in Footsteps of Strickland, Rose

by Ricky Henne, NYKnicks.com
Posted Jun 15 2009 10:00 p.m.

No matter the sport, many athletes say it's hard to come and adjust to the bright lights of Broadway, especially for a rookie.
But freshman guard Tyreke Evans has an ace up his sleeve should he land in the Big Apple - his assistant coach at Memphis, former Knick Rod Strickland, whom Evans credits for turning his game around during his lone season for the Tigers.

"I started off slow, and a lot of people had a lot of doubt on me, and thought I wasn't going to be a one and done player," he said following a workout Monday afternoon with the Knicks. "I had a lot of hype coming out of high school, but I kept my head working with Assistant Coach Rod Strickland"

More specifically, Evans says the time he spent one-on-one with Strickland is what allowed him to fulfill the hype, putting him on the precipice of being a top lottery pick in next week's draft.

"A lot of people think adjusting to the college game is easy, but it's not. You don't just run up and down the court. Once you're out there, you've got to really work. It's fun to go to the games and watch it on TV, but we are out there working hard. Rod helped me realize that, and it took me some time to get adjusted to it, and I think I did that. I think going through that will help me adjust to the NBA. Rod's a great guy, he taught me a lot and I thank him for that."

Evans enters the draft one year after the Chicago Bulls selected Derrick Rose out of Memphis with the first overall pick. Rose went on to become Rookie of the Year, leading the Bulls into the playoffs in the process. Evans expects to have the same impact on whatever team drafts him.

"Derrick is a great player," he said. "We are both two good players that can play the game of basketball, so I am just going to go out there and get the job done. Derrick did it, and I'm going to try to come out and do the same thing."

In a draft full of point guards in the floor general mold, the 6-foot-6, 220-pound Evans is a combo guard whose versatility increases his stock and value.

"I'm a basketball player. I can play the point guard position if you give me the ball. I make things happen. At the two-guard position I can score as well, so I'm good at both.

"I am a combo guard. You can put me at the one or the two and I will make things happen. I know how to get my shots and I know how to get my teammates the ball. If I come here I think I'd do both, too. I don't think I'd strictly be a one or a two. I mean, I can run the point when they need me to and then play the wing when they want me to also."

Twenty-one years after Strickland was drafted by the Knicks in 1988 and was named to the NBA All-Rookie Second Team, his prized pupil has a chance to follow in his footsteps - and he wouldn't mind if that was in New York.

"That's a dream come true (to play in New York). Madison Square Garden, its one of the best gyms in the NBA and I'd love to play here."

---------------------------------------

Allen's boy
laugh.gif

Jennings Hopes Unique Road to NBA Ends in New York

Posted Jun 15 2009 9:00 p.m.

Passing up college to play professionally in Europe, Brandon Jennings' road to the NBA is perhaps the most unique of any other prospect in the upcoming draft.
And when that journey officially comes to an end on June 25, there's no place the 19-year-old Jennings would rather be than in New York, where he worked out for the Knicks on Tuesday in hopes of becoming their first-round selection.

"I really want to come here, I'm not going to lie," Jennings said. "(Head Coach Mike) D'Antoni's system is great for all point guards. You saw what he did for Steve Nash for two years when he was the MVP back-to-back. The Phoenix Suns were one of the most exciting teams to watch for those two years. His system is great for me."

Several other point guards who have visited the Knicks over the past two weeks have expressed the same interest in playing in D'Antoni's up-tempo offense. But Jennings believes a one-year stint in Italy could give him the edge in being selected eighth overall by the Knicks, who are coached by Italian basketball legend Mike D'Antoni and selected Italian forward Danilo Gallinari in last year's draft.

"I have experience," Jennings said. "I think me and Ricky Rubio probably have the most experience out of everybody in this draft just by playing pro ball. Things I'll see (in the NBA) I've already seen before, so it's easier for me to adjust."

Named the 2008 Naismith and Parade Magazine Player of the Year as a high school senior at Oak Hill Academy, Jennings originally committed to play Division 1 ball at Arizona before turning pro and joining a team in Europe instead. He signed a one-year deal with Lottomatica Virtus Roma of the Italian League and Euroleague last July.

Jennings, who averaged 7.6 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 16 Euroleague games and 5.5, 1.6 and 2.3 in 27 Italian League contests, became automatically eligible for the 2009 draft after signing the professional contract.

"No regrets at all," Jennings said. "It was a great experience on and off the court. It was good for me to get a year under my belt of pro basketball."

The 6-foot-1 Jennings believes professional basketball overseas prepares players more for the NBA than college and would advise other youngsters to make the same decisions that he did.

"I was playing against professional athletes, you know, grown men everyday, so I had no choice but to get ready," Jennings said. "The coaches weren't just kissing my butt and I had to go out there and earn my spot. It's a job playing against bigger and stronger guys everyday."

Jennings admits that there were times when he thought he had made a mistake by skipping college and leaving the spotlight in the U.S., especially when he wasn't playing much at first, but his draft stock never dropped. He considers himself the top point guard prospect in the draft and is only working out for teams selecting four through eight.

"Those are the only teams that I know right now that need point guards," he said.

But New York is the one place where the tremendous athlete who handles the ball well in traffic and has excellent court vision thinks he would excel the most. Now he just has to sit back and wait and see what happens.

"I think I'd do great," Jennings said. "I'm an up-and-down player, I like to run the fastbreaks and I like to get out. (D'Antoni) likes to let his point guards go and that's something I like to do so I'd be perfect for his offense."

----------------------------------------------
Curry Convinced He's a "Great Player" for the Knicks

When Davidson's phenom point guard Stephen Curry entered the room following his predraft workout with the Knicks, he told a quick story that exemplifies the potential he possesses.
"Right before I came in here Mike D'Antoni walked up to me and told me 'We can't draft you'. I asked 'Why?' and he said 'Because Allan Houston said he then would be the second best shooter in Knicks history.'"

Perhaps that is why when asked what kind of pro he will make, it took less than a split second for him to give his answer.

"A great one."

Curry can thank his strong genes for his innate basketball talents as his father, Dell, played 16 seasons in the NBA and was the NBA Sixth Man of the Year in 1994 while with the Charlotte Hornets.

"Ever since I can remember (I've been around him on the basketball court)," he said. "Just going to shootarounds and practices and every game at home, and then towards the end of his career, me and my brother would go and shoot before games on the court while they were in the locker room changing, and then go up to the practice gym during the game and shoot. I've just been around NBA arenas and NBA teams all my life. Now it's my turn to do it for myself."

The 6-foot-3, 180-pounder not only has the genes, but the resume after leading the nation with 28.6 points per game. Making the feat even more impressive is that he led the country the same year he moved to the point full time, improving his assist numbers as well, averaging 5.6 per game. Curry credits that move as a pivotal moment in his basketball career, shaping what type of player he is destined to become.

"I'm a point who has the ability to move over on the floor if somebody else gets the ball and brings it down the court. So I guess you can call that a combo, but with my experience last year playing (the point) at Davidson full time, it improved my skills as far as managing the game. That helped me improve myself as a player."

The junior is also a charismatic force who has made friends in high places, including reigning MVP LeBron James.

"We talk once in a while, like once a week," he said. "He's helping with what to expect as well with this draft process, the hype about the draft and how to handle it and the pressure of the workouts.

"He showed up at our Wisconsin game in the Elite Eight last year, and I went to one of his games against the Bobcats, and it went from there. He became a Davidson fan, and we went from there. I was tempted to ask why he left the arena too quick (after he lost to the Magic), but I didn't."

This lethal combination of talent, production and charisma has Curry poised to be a high draft choice. Still, he wouldn't mind it if he slipped to the Knicks at number eight.

"It's great for me to go as high as I can, but coming here would be equally as fun for me. I'm going into it with an open mind, and making the best situation of the situation I come into. I'm just excited to see what happens.

The system that I've played in my whole life, up and down and up tempo, comparing how I played in college to how it translates to in the NBA, this is the system to be in. D'Antoni, he had Steve Nash so he knows how to develop a point guard. Why wouldn't I want to come here?"

Curry also relishes the opportunity to be a key part in the Knicks renaissance as they transform themselves in D'Antoni and President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh's image should he land in New York. After all, it's the type of situation in which he thrived in at Davidson.

"Coming from Davidson where nobody knew about us my freshman year, and then coming to the end of my junior year, we established ourselves on the national stage," he explained. "So I've seen the process in how we got there, and I like being on this stage and competing and having fun. I love this game, and to play on the highest level with a lot of people watching, it's fun."

Now the only thing left to see is whether or not that stage will be the World's Most Famous Arena. If so, he is confident he will be a "great player" for the Knicks.

"I was feeling pretty good today. I like this practice facility. My shot was falling very well, and I was very happy with the way things turned out. I have a will to work and a lot of room to improve physically and with my skills, so I guess with my desire to get better, getting my foot in there and getting on the court and competing, I'll be a great player."

---------------------------------------------
Flynn's Road to NBA Started One Magical Night at The Garden

Posted Jun 9 2009 9:30 p.m.

video_icon.gif
Syracuse's Jonny Flynn discusses the six-overtime thriller at MSG

They say there are seminal moments in everyone's life that changes them forever.
For Jonny Flynn, that moment came on March 12, 2009 when he turned in a legendary performance in Syracuse's 127-117, six-overtime win over Connecticut.

"Before that (game), people on the East Coast or even in the Northeast knew who Jonny Flynn was," said Flynn. "But playing a game on ESPN that was nationally televised that went that long so when even people got off work they could watch that game, I think that's when Jonny Flynn became a household name."

All Flynn did that night is record a game-high 34 points, 11 assists and six steals while playing a mind-numbing 67 minutes. The game was the longest in Big East history and second in Division-1 history, and it has changed his life forever.

"It's been different," he admits. "I remember going out in New York the next day and people were knowing me in New York City. The Big Apple, a huge city, and people know little old Jonny Flynn. It really did a lot to me towards my NBA draft stock and people just finding out who I am. That game really put it in my mind that I maybe could leave college."

Fast forward three months, and Flynn is talking to the New York media following a pre-draft workout with the Knicks, talking about what he brings to the table should the Knicks draft him with the eighth overall pick.

"I think (the Knicks system) is every basketball players type of offense," he explained. "Growing up playing at the park or recreational center, you are shooting the ball running up and down the court in ten seconds without even knowing about it. I think to go to a system where you're running and gunning and the coach is allowing you to do that (it's) the best situation for any point guard that loves to push the tempo.

"I think I can be a good piece to the puzzle. I don't think they have a hole in their team. You look at Nate Robinson and Chris Duhon, two great players with two great seasons they had, I don't think there is a hole at the point guard spot but I can be that point guard that can distribute the ball as well as get his own shot."

A humble young man who is confident without being arrogant, he continued explaining why his draft stock is skyrocketing.

"I think if you've seen my two years at Syracuse, you've seen me have big assist games where I got my teammates involved and also had games where I got big points. But I think I balanced those two things well and I can bring that to an NBA franchise. I think I've done enough and my rap sheet is good enough to show that I am one of the best guards in this deep point guard class."

The 6-foot-1, 196-pounder played at The Garden throughout his collegiate career, and relishes the historic nature of the building.

"It's like a stage out there," he said with an ear to ear grin. "With the lights and the crowd, it's like a Broadway show out there. There is nothing like playing competitive basketball at Madison Square Garden." Clearly, Flynn is a basketball player through and through who relishes the history of the game. Fittingly, he appreciates the meaning of the epic six-overtime game itself and not only what it did for him personally is not lost on the impressive youngster.

"Just everything (about it was special)," he says. "Big East Tournament. Madison Square Garden. ESPN. It was just a great historic day in Big East basketball and college basketball and I'm just honored to be part of an epic game like that."

Still, Flynn's renowned will to win seeped through as he continued speaking.

"I'm just happy we got the win. I didn't want to be the guy playing (67 minutes) and then we lost the game. I'm happy we won the game and that our strength and conditioning coach put me in enough shape leading up to that game and the whole season to get me through that game. At that point, I was still about winning a National Championship. I was thinking about winning as many games as we could to win a National Championship."

On June 25, Flynn begins what promises to be a lengthy and successful tenure in the NBA. But when he retires, he will look back at March 12, 2009 as the springboard and catalyst for his prosperous career.

-----------------------------------------------------
Defensive Specialist Holiday Looks to Lock Down High Pick

For a team looking for help on defense, it makes perfect sense that the New York Knicks worked out UCLA freshman Jrue Holiday before the 2009 NBA Draft.
Holiday, one of the best defensive point guards in the draft, was among six prospects at the team's training center Tuesday showcasing their talents in front of President Donnie Walsh and Head Coach Mike D'Antoni in hopes of catching on with one of the league's most storied franchises.

New York holds the eighth pick in the upcoming draft.

"I'd be a part of history playing at Madison Square Garden as my home gym," Holiday said. "Next to the Lakers, because I live in L.A., this is the place to be basketball-wise."

Standing 6-feet-4, Holiday is the tallest and perhaps most intriguing point guard in the draft. His 6-7 wingspan and 8-4 standing reach also measured the longest of all point guards, placing him among the top defensive prospects in the draft.

Holiday's long arms help him collect steals and deflections along the perimeter, two intangibles D'Antoni constantly looks for from his perimeter players. Holiday could also help on the glass and would provide additional shot blocking for the Knicks, who ranked last in the league in rejections last season.

Pointing out former Bruins Trevor Ariza, Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook, among others, Holiday believes he could be the latest product of UCLA to come out early and shine as a defender in the NBA.

"There are a lot of people in the league who don't play defense like UCLA players do," he said.

Not only could Holiday fill the need for another quality defender in the Knicks' backcourt, but he could also give the Knicks another floor leader in D'Antoni's fast-paced offense. New York loves to run, and Holiday is known for his high basketball IQ and good vision on the court.

"I can distribute the ball, I'm a leader and I can definitely see the floor and get it to the open man," Holiday said. "And I can score myself."

Holiday's averages of 8.5 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.7 assists during his first and only season with the Bruins barely matched his potential, but most NBA experts are still projecting him to be a lottery pick. The 18-year-old was forced to play out of position at shooting guard when Darren Collison unexpectedly returned for another season, which is likely the reason for his mediocre numbers.

"Darren was our starting point guard for four years and the senior captain of the team. He took us to the Final Four three times, so he knew what he was doing," Holiday said.

Holiday might not have had the opportunity to showoff his point guard skills in college, but he believes the draft workouts will show enough teams that he can play both guard positions.

"I think it helps me because they see that I can play off-guard as well as point guard. I'm showing them my point guard skills now," he said. "They saw that I can play the two, but I'm playing the one now."

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I don't like Nate. And Bobby you don't know how heated I was last year when we passed up Bayless for Gallo
indifferent.gif

Yea I was a little mad too but I came around to Gallo.

I might not make an NT sign, I could write on a white tee or something
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom