Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

alg_lebron.jpg

there is another year people...

lets not get TOO hyped. We are the knicks, remember? Things don't usually go our way. Plus he wants to come somewhere to win CHIPS. so next year isextreemly important for us.

I consider the next season to be about all wooing lebron.

David Lee is every bit as good as any player on the Cavs.

You could put LeBron on this current team and we'd be in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

All we're gona need is this same result from the Cavs next year.

reggie hating on lebron for possibly going to nyc because it's a big market.... They are saying there should be superstars everywhere. Well ummm when wasthe last time a superstar was in nyc?? 10 years ago and Ewing was done already. So why the hate?

eff outa here with that. jealousy's a female dog ain't it Reggie.

I forget his name, but dude from WFAN said he's pretty sure the Knicks have a better roster outside of Lebron than the Cavs.

Think about it, how many people on the Cavs can actually create their own shot and play both sides of the floor effectively?

The league/media was bamboozled. Hoodwinked!
laugh.gif

I'm not a Knicks fan but I'd love to see Flynn get drafted and then LeBron come into the city the following year.

you guys are right, imagine Lebron on the current knick team right now. They could easily be the 5th or 4th seed with him

we still have no inside presence, lebron or not.
dwight still would have torched us down low
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But it's Dwight Howard. He'd put in work regardless.

Despite us still having another year to go before Lebron's contract expires, I'm pretty confident that Lebron won't see any success next yeareither.

I haven't posted in a Knicks-related thread since the collapse. However, in light of recent developments, I felt compelled to think of, and share thosethoughts about the teams not so distant future.

It's pretty obvious that Lebron's "team" will not take him anywhere, especially in their current style of play. Is next season going to havethe same results, worse, better? Of course, only time will tell. However, it is a good sign that Lebron hasn't said or done anything to lock in his futurewith Cleveland. I think he loves the slurpage, but beyond that, he's gotta be questioning his future in Cleveland, no?

A _'Antoni style will be a thing of beauty with Lebron in the mix, and a fast PG. I'm still not sold on _'Antoni as our coach, but with Lebron
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, a whole lot changes.

However, beyond Lebron, 2010 will be the new era of Knicks basketball.

This upcoming season, not much is anticipated, so any improvements will be a blessing. Also, despite me not being a big college fan, I did get to see Flynnplay a lot, and he would be an excellent PG for us.

Could someone tell me if he's highly touted, as in out of reach from the 8th pick?

[h1]The King is dead[/h1]
By MARC BERMAN

Superman was too much for The King tonight.

Dwight Howard is headed to The Finals, headed to La-La land. LeBron James is headed for even more intense speculation about his long-term future after thismassive collapse in the Eastern Conference Finals.

King James (25 points) was either too fatigued from this series or was overwhelmed by the moment. It was rather shocking that James was not more forcefultonight in Orlando's 103-90 rout of the Cavaliers at Amway Arena, giving them the series 4-2. Kobe Bryant would've left his heart on the court. Jameshardly did that tonight. (TNT reported James did not talk to the media after the game, so distraught by the knockout, saying he needed to get away for awhile).

It was all Dwight, who finished with 40 points and stopped James in the paint on his rare forays. The Cavaliers have many questions to answer in theoffseason - with a contract extension for James looking bleak. He needs more help and they have one last summer to upgrade before he becomes a free agent in2010 and the Broadway lights beckon.

Stan Van Gundy, my vote for Coach of the Year, outclassed Mike Brown, whose award looks empty now. I guess every ten years a Van Gundy coaches his way toThe Finals.

Still, it's Lakers in six as Kobe gets his title without Shaq. Got to book my flight to La-La land.

[h1]WALSH HAS EYE ON BIG MAN THABEET[/h1]
[h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]
hasheem_thabeet.jpg
HIGH PRAISE: Knicks president Donnie Walsh saysHasheem Thabeet is the only prospect he views worthy enough to give up a decent asset to move up from eight in the draft.

CHICAGO -- When Knicks team president Donnie Walsh last succeeded in the lottery 21 years ago, the former Pacers president jumped to the second pick andselected 7-foot-4 Marist graduate Rik Smits, who led a Pacers renaissance.

"I remember he had to duck through the door every time he walked into my office," Walsh said. "I haven't had a player whose had to ducksince."

It is why Walsh is so intrigued with Hasheem Thabeet, UConn's 7-3 junior shotblocker. Walsh interviewed Thabeet during the Chicago NBA Draft combineWednesday and is the only prospect he views worthy enough to give up a decent asset to move up from No. 8 in the draft. The Knicks were last in shotblockingthe past two seasons.

Dikembe Mutombo retired last month and the next Mutombo is ready to join the NBA. If Memphis takes Ricky Rubio at No. 2 instead of Thabeet, there is afeeling Oklahoma City, with the third pick, could be willing to trade down instead of taking the shotblocker from Tanzania.

"I look up to [Dikembe]. He had a great career," Thabeet said. "Him being not too far from my country, to be able to stay in the league thatlong and accomplish what he can accomplish, he's a great player. I'm looking forward to having as great a career as him."

Some scouts feel Thabeet is as likely to become a stiff along the lines of Manute Bol as he is the next Mutombo because of his lack of an offensive game.Thabeet, 22, admits it needs improvement but said he feels ready right now to be a defensive force in the NBA. He averaged 13.6 points, 10.8 rebounds and 4.2blocks on a club that advanced to the Final Four.

"If I don't score, you're not coming to the other end and scoring," Thabeet said in his deep baritone. "Defense is my game."

Thabeet was raised as a soccer player in Tanzania and didn't start playing baskeball until he was 16. Already 7-foot, he strolled to a playground, sawmen playing, was asked to join in and first declined. Because he is so new to basketball, Thabeet said he will improve.

"The more I learn about basketball, the more I like the game," Thabeet said.

Thabeet came to the U.S. at 16 without his parents and attended three high schools from California to Mississippi to Houston, living with random families,with the one goal of developing the 7-footer into the next Mutombo.

But he hasn't gotten soccer out of his blood. Thabeet paused several seconds when asked if he would rather play in the World Cup or NBA Finals.

"I scrimmaged with the UConn soccer team a couple of summers," Thabeet said. "I remember the coach [Jim Calhoun] one time saying when Ikicked the ball in practice, 'This is basketball.' "

Thabeet is training in California with a former Navy Seals officer and doing oncourt work with former NBA power forward, Scott Roth, who is now a D-Leaguecoach. Roth, a former Jazz assistant, taught him the finer points of NBA defense, including defensive 3-seconds where Thabeet will not be able to linger in thelane ready to swat shots.

"I'm learning to move from one side to the other, but I'm going to block a lot of shots next year," he said.

Thabeet said he is aware of Mutombo's trademark finger wag after a block.

"Maybe I'll come up with my own thing," Thabeet said jokingly.

Thabeet is almost guaranteed to be a bust so I'm seriously hoping Donnie Walsh is throwing some smokescreen because dude pulls disappearing acts in bunchesat UCONN, no way he'll cut it in the L. Wait a year, see where Knicks end up (probably 6-8 range again) and go after Ed Davis or Greg Monroe, them 2 arethe ones to watch out for.

Originally Posted by juschiang

Thabeet is almost guaranteed to be a bust so I'm seriously hoping Donnie Walsh is throwing some smokescreen because dude pulls disappearing acts in bunches at UCONN, no way he'll cut it in the L. Wait a year, see where Knicks end up (probably 6-8 range again) and go after Ed Davis or Greg Monroe, them 2 are the ones to watch out for.
No one is guaranteed to be a bust. Seriously thats probably the dumbest statement you can say. I on the other hand would love thabeet in a knickuniform. He would no doubt be our starting C, and not only can he block shots consistently he changes about 20 shots a game. He just started playing basketballat liek age 16 and look at his talent now. If anything he is ranked that high because of his potential and is the best defensive center in the draft

Amare obviously wants to come to us, so why Thabeet? His offense is offensive and he fouls out all the time.

I want a PG, I always liked Flynn. Athletic, nice little jumper and good IQ, I think he would fit in well with the D'Antoni system.

I think Wilson Chandler could develop into a nice swing man, and complement LeBron. I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unfortunately, no pick this year and we can't deal this one to wait on it. We have to show the FA class we're workin with somethin before they gethere.

Take Curry/Flynn at 8 and trade back into round 1.

Back
Top Bottom