GOAT APP legit?

I'm having 2 issues with goat. My first issue is that 14 days ago a order got placed for the air Jordan 12 flu games. I actually sold my originial pair on goat and bought another because I wanted to change size. Today I find out that goat or the ups lost my package and they refunded me $260 which is kind of not okay. Right now the flu games are more then $260 on goat. I ask goat if they could just give me the option to transfer the money to PayPal and I can buy the flu games some where else and the shipping time will only be 3 days instead of 10 to 14... they said no. I don't get it. Why should I have to pay more then $260 when that's how much I payed for original order. They want me to place a bid of 265 or 270 then add the $10 shipping which is $280 lol. I'd rather buy the shoes some where else and get the shoe in 3 days. This is not my fault that happened. I refuse to pay more then $260 and wait 10 days for the shoes. I can get them for almost the same price and I only have to wait 3 days of shipping....

Why in the word this thread is being put in Jordan Price/Fake Check?? GOAT is not just Jordan. 

Goat for me. Takes 2 days for me to ship my packages to them since i am located in the west coast. Always get cashed out in 4 days.

Stockx better for me cuz it gets there in two business days and get cashed out same day. Goat takes three days from ny and sometimes another day to get cashed out

Goat, I'm in LA area, drop off and delivered to them next day for cash out, very rare if it takes a day longer but it happened once. I have sold 33 pairs, no issues.

i have this "take all the necessary photos" issue. i cant post the shoe for sale but i have all the pics. ive deleted it and tried to post multiple times. this only happens when i try to list turtle doves. ive listed other pairs and have not had this issue.

It's a regional thing, east coast probably favors stockx and west goes with goat.

Which is better for buying/selling GOAT or StockX?
GOAT app is just more user friendly for both buying and selling and easier to buy/sell if you're on the West Coast or not too far away in NV, AZ, CO, etc. For purchasing, both are fine but I still prefer GOAT. StockX sometimes has better prices +$25 off for new users. 

I got a pair of the black EQT 93/17's from adidas that look like they were someone else's return. neither shoe has the paper in them and one of them was unlaced

would goat or stockx have a problem if I sold these as DS? I mean as far as I know they were never tried on, but the signs are there. anyone have experience with either site selling tried on shoes as DS? or selling as DS without the paper inserts, non-factory laces, etc?

I feel like stockx would be okay with it but not goat

I got a pair of the black EQT 93/17's from adidas that look like they were someone else's return. neither shoe has the paper in them and one of them was unlaced

would goat or stockx have a problem if I sold these as DS? I mean as far as I know they were never tried on, but the signs are there. anyone have experience with either site selling tried on shoes as DS? or selling as DS without the paper inserts, non-factory laces, etc?

I feel like stockx would be okay with it but not goat
You can probably get away with retying the laces into the factory lace style but if they're missing the cardboard shoe tree/inserts, GOAT might call you out on it unless you describe that they are missing the inserts in the listing description. That's probably your best bet. Taking pictures and listing them as DS/new with missing inserts. That's assuming there is no other indication (such as creasing) that they appear worn/tried on if you factory lace them again. 

Last edited:
Eh

I sent shoes in two weeks ago. One had shoe had the insert while the other didn't. No issue and got approved

Eh

I sent shoes in two weeks ago. One had shoe had the insert while the other didn't. No issue and got approved
Probably depends on the individual authenticating. Some individuals are more stringent and uptight about flaws or "missing" pieces such as cardboard inserts.

authenticators really should fix that and be more standardized/aligned with each other.  not fair for these people complaining here for the ridiculous things they get called out on like a speck of dust on the sole or a the size of the shoe insert

I mean has anyone been penalized for not having a shoe tree? Honestly majority of the DS shoes I sent in they weren't even Factory tied or whatever

All that matter is the shoe is legit, deadstock, and blemish free for the most part

But yea I've followed this thread from the beginning and know how they are but I think they've eased up now

wrong size INSERTS? Sometimes they're just balled up paper??? How you gonna measure that? To each their own

wrong size INSERTS? Sometimes they're just balled up paper??? How you gonna measure that? To each their own
If it's been taken out, that tells me they've been tried on. Me personally it's not a big deal but I expect to given a heads up about. If I can buy two pairs at the same price, I'll take the pair that's 100% ds. You have to view it from a buyer's viewpoint.

I fail to see how there is a connection between wrong sized inserts probably given by the manufacturer and whether or not they have been taken out of the shoe

I'm just gonna tell you guys something

Most of the shoes y'all copped from other people most likely been tried on

Ain't that hard to stuff paper back inside

I'm just gonna tell you guys something

Most of the shoes y'all copped from other people most likely been tried on

Ain't that hard to stuff paper back inside

It's not and depending on the handling, it doesn't really bother some. As a seller, you're personally taking that risk of getting penalized though. Being deducted for factory imperfections (glue stains, different insert sizes, etc) isn't necessarily fair to the sellers. It hasn't happened to me, but I can understand the frustration.

Last edited:
Sure does take some time with GOAT though. Bought a DS Citrus 7 on 3/23, has been on its way to GOAT for most of the week. Can't wait for these to get there and get validated.

On the selling side, what are costs involved? I have never sold any of my Js, and want last years Breds really bad, just not pay reseller price for them. So hoping I can sell today's Royals and make enough to turn it around to get the Breds. Seems like a fair trade.

Back
Top Bottom