GOAT APP legit?

lol I try on all the shoes be4 I shop them.  Sometimes with Adidas the tag inside on the side gets black fuzzy from my socks on it. I just toss it out.

Can any1 try to change their withdraw type from PayPal to Direct Deposit? Ive tried multiple bank accounts and it keeps saying my routing number isn't good. I don't wanna use PayPal because I heard if you do more than 20k it charges you taxes. I use PayPal all the time for rent and my roommates pay me through there so my yearly limit does come close to 20k.

lol I try on all the shoes be4 I shop them.  Sometimes with Adidas the tag inside on the side gets black fuzzy from my socks on it. I just toss it out.

Can any1 try to change their withdraw type from PayPal to Direct Deposit? Ive tried multiple bank accounts and it keeps saying my routing number isn't good. I don't wanna use PayPal because I heard if you do more than 20k it charges you taxes. I use PayPal all the time for rent and my roommates pay me through there so my yearly limit does come close to 20k.
They only track goods and services. If your buddies gift you, it doesn't count towards the $20k.

From their site:

PayPal will track the payment volume of your account(s) to check whether your payment volume exceeds both of these levels in a calendar year:

$20,000 USD in gross payment volume from sales of goods or services in a single year

200 payments for goods or services in the same year

Last edited:
They only track goods and services. If your buddies gift you, it doesn't count towards the $20k.

From their site:

PayPal will track the payment volume of your account(s) to check whether your payment volume exceeds both of these levels in a calendar year:

$20,000 USD in gross payment volume from sales of goods or services in a single year

200 payments for goods or services in the same year
Thanks, Does goat pay via goods and services>?

200 sales in a year starting january correct? u want to avoid selling over 200 items? are u sure it isnt 200 items plus the 20 k threshhold? thats how goat does it. u need both for them to report.

Goat is the same requirements as PayPal. You have to meet the 200 sales and $20k thresholds before they submit to IRS.

I've sold several pairs of shoes on Goat and have the credits in my account. Now, I want to purchase a pair of shoes from Goat. When you make a purchase, does it pull from those available credits or does it charge your Credit Card/Paypal?

What happens with shoes that come flawed? Just bought an extra pair of royals to test out their process, but the only flaw I seem tk see with this as a buyer is I dont get a chance to personally see pictures of the pair before agreeing to buy...

I've sold several pairs of shoes on Goat and have the credits in my account. Now, I want to purchase a pair of shoes from Goat. When you make a purchase, does it pull from those available credits or does it charge your Credit Card/Paypal?
goat credits then credit card/paypal if you don't have enough.

What happens with shoes that come flawed? Just bought an extra pair of royals to test out their process, but the only flaw I seem tk see with this as a buyer is I dont get a chance to personally see pictures of the pair before agreeing to buy...

If there are any major flaws that the seller did not disclose, GOAT will point them out to the seller and give them an option to provide a discount. Whether they choose to give a discount or not, the buyer has an option to cancel at that point. For minor factory flaws such as glue stains or issues like the tumbled leather on your pairs not matching up on each shoe, you can always return shoes for a GOAT credit less shipping costs.

Last edited:
Got a package from GOAT today. Man, the box is completely destroyed (shoe box). Under the listing it said good condition box, but its ripped at the seams on the corners. Not too big of a deal, the shoes were great, but I hate how they knock sellers for it but then send something like that out.

Got a package from GOAT today. Man, the box is completely destroyed (shoe box). Under the listing it said good condition box, but its ripped at the seams on the corners. Not too big of a deal, the shoes were great, but I hate how they knock sellers for it but then send something like that out.

For all you know they sent the box in great condition and it got crushed on its way to you. Was there any packing material in the box as well? Might as well ask for some sort of discount.

Last edited:
I mean has anyone been penalized for not having a shoe tree? Honestly majority of the DS shoes I sent in they weren't even Factory tied or whatever

All that matter is the shoe is legit, deadstock, and blemish free for the most part

But yea I've followed this thread from the beginning and know how they are but I think they've eased up now
DS means never tried on though, right?

why would your shoes not be factory laced if they were truly DS?

I mean has anyone been penalized for not having a shoe tree? Honestly majority of the DS shoes I sent in they weren't even Factory tied or whatever

All that matter is the shoe is legit, deadstock, and blemish free for the most part

But yea I've followed this thread from the beginning and know how they are but I think they've eased up now
DS means never tried on though, right?

why would your shoes not be factory laced if they were truly DS?
truly DS would not be messed wit but I've got shoes I've laced and have never tried on either

happened to my RSBBs and they said well send them back. Someone else will buy them. 

Got a DS pair of Citrus 7 heading my way, so anxious to see the result. First GOAT purchase, and has taken about 2 weeks already, so eager to see the result.

For all you know they sent the box in great condition and it got crushed on its way to you. Was there any packing material in the box as well? Might as well ask for some sort of discount.
​I'm pretty sure that's what happened. I'm not blaming the seller at all. I'm not really even blaming GOAT. I'm just more so pointing it out how GOAT can be towards sellers when the same exact thing happens when they ship something out.

They did have paper filling in the box.

Or GOAT can destroy the box, then try to pressure and scare the seller into giving a discount, then sending the shoes to the buyer and keeping the discounted money themselves. I'm convinced that GOAT tries to scare buyers into giving discounts and keeps the discounts. That's why they keep buyers and sellers from communicating.

giphy.gif

Or GOAT can destroy the box, then try to pressure and scare the seller into giving a discount, then sending the shoes to the buyer and keeping the discounted money themselves. I'm convinced that GOAT tries to scare buyers into giving discounts and keeps the discounts. That's why they keep buyers and sellers from communicating.
lol

The 10-15% discount they try to pressure sellers into for "flaws" can add up to a lot of easy money for GOAT if they pocket it. Call me paranoid and I will call you a sheep. **** like this happens all the time across all forms of business.

The 10-15% discount they try to pressure sellers into for "flaws" can add up to a lot of easy money for GOAT if they pocket it. Call me paranoid and I will call you a sheep. **** like this happens all the time across all forms of business.
They don't pocket it. They contact the buyer and ask them if they want it at the lower price.

Back
Top Bottom