GOAT APP legit?

I'm starting to realize that GOAT is getting to a point where one as a "seller" has little to no protection. I for one have scaled back on selling on GOAT due to bad experiences by myself and other guys stories, not that I sell much at all. But crossing your fingers in hopes the "experts" find your shoes "OK"  and having an easy way to cover shipping issues (eventually will happen) has become a major issue. Wasn't this type of services supposed to be to have a better plataform? I mean, you already have to wait for over a week to get your money, and even still when your shoes arrive for "authentification" you are in hands of some experts mood to say it somehow. Im all in on autheniticating pairs, but most issues in GOAT seem to be from real-non issues and not for shoes being fake. Just saying
ohwell.gif

That's my biggest issue with GOAT. Recently a package I sent arrived damaged, and I asked them to provide me information to file a claim. They mentioned I couldn't and items should be shipped with extra padding to ensure they arrive fine. I actually had sent it with extra bubble wrap. The one time I ordered from them, the shoes arrived wrapped in paper which I'm sure they wouldn't classify as protecting the item. I thought that was the reason for charging the extra $5 to the seller, for package protection. They need to fix their hypocritical ways.

I'm starting to realize that GOAT is getting to a point where one as a "seller" has little to no protection. I for one have scaled back on selling on GOAT due to bad experiences by myself and other guys stories, not that I sell much at all. But crossing your fingers in hopes the "experts" find your shoes "OK"  and having an easy way to cover shipping issues (eventually will happen) has become a major issue. Wasn't this type of services supposed to be to have a better plataform? I mean, you already have to wait for over a week to get your money, and even still when your shoes arrive for "authentification" you are in hands of some experts mood to say it somehow. Im all in on autheniticating pairs, but most issues in GOAT seem to be from real-non issues and not for shoes being fake. Just saying
ohwell.gif

I don't necessarily mind the week wait, since I need to wait about that long for ebay payments to become available anyway. So far I've made 10 sales on goat (I know 10 is not a lot), including 2 used pairs, and I haven't gotten any grief over any of them. Some of them didn't have perfect boxes, but they didn't raise any issues. Now, just because I haven't had any problems doesn't mean others don't have a legitimate beef, but I personally love the idea of interaction with a buyer to be kept to a minimum. As bad as GOAT's nitpicking may seem, I'd rather deal with them than have someone on ebay try to claim the shoes were fake/ damaged and file chargebacks and stuff like that.

I don't necessarily mind the week wait, since I need to wait about that long for ebay payments to become available anyway. So far I've made 10 sales on goat (I know 10 is not a lot), including 2 used pairs, and I haven't gotten any grief over any of them. Some of them didn't have perfect boxes, but they didn't raise any issues. Now, just because I haven't had any problems doesn't mean others don't have a legitimate beef, but I personally love the idea of interaction with a buyer to be kept to a minimum. As bad as GOAT's nitpicking may seem, I'd rather deal with them than have someone on ebay try to claim the shoes were fake/ damaged and file chargebacks and stuff like that.
That is also very true. That is the nice part of not dealing with buyers trying to scam the system via Ebay. What I believe should be a great simple help and idea is for GOAT to  post in the APP and website a simple guide with pictures of what is for them a good condition box, a Deadstock pair (what glue issues, yellowing, manufacturing defects for them are a No go) because as you stated sometimes the box is a little damaged and no issues arrise, and sometimes for the same damage on a box, issues arrise. Some glue stains may appear minor for a buyer/seller. Maybe buyers should be able to see pictures of new shoes not only used ones to now exactly what you will be shipping before they are sent. Just a thought that may reduce this type of situations. 

That is also very true. That is the nice part of not dealing with buyers trying to scam the system via Ebay. What I believe should be a great simple help and idea is for GOAT to  post in the APP and website a simple guide with pictures of what is for them a good condition box, a Deadstock pair (what glue issues, yellowing, manufacturing defects for them are a No go) because as you stated sometimes the box is a little damaged and no issues arrise, and sometimes for the same damage on a box, issues arrise. Some glue stains may appear minor for a buyer/seller. Maybe buyers should be able to see pictures of new shoes not only used ones to now exactly what you will be shipping before they are sent. Just a thought that may reduce this type of situations. 
Great ideas. I'm totally on board with examples showing their standard for acceptable and unacceptable boxes and letting the buyer see pictures of DS shoes. They'd have to rework the perk for 150+ rated sellers, but I think live pictures of the shoes is a good idea and should be kept across the board for all seller levels. I know some have complained the the pictures are an inconvenience, but I'd rather have the process be inconvenient to weed out potential scammers. If people are trying to move 100 units of a sold out shoe at once, they're eating way too well for me to give a fk about how long it takes for them to take pictures 
roll.gif

ohwell.gif

well put.

We also have to realize NT users that know and use GOAT probably represent a small percentage of GOAT's actual user base. With that being said, I'm at 12 transactions with GOAT without any issues besides shipping delays (holiday season) and slow authentication every once in a while.

NT may be a small percentage voicing their side but the user base is all the same. So, you can pretty much guarantee that the inconsistency is across the board.

I feel sorry for u bro, I for one wouldn't ship any shoe that resell for that price, and goat should assist you with some compensation

goat ia a huge company. there are bound to be issues with the amount of shoes the sell.

with that said, id still rather sell on goat then to a stranger on facebook or on ebay. much more risk involved there.

I've sold a ton of pairs without issue. Recently sold some HyperAdapts, they got denied due to 'being tried on.' I told them that Nike+ had me try them on to test the sensors before leaving the store, which is true. Apparently there was a small mark on the bottom of one of the shoes that I didn't even notice. Anyway, so they shipped them back... I had sent them well packed with bubble wrap/peanuts in a 200lb test box. They returned them in a 44lb test box with 'paper' as packaging material. I opened up the package, found scratches all over the bottom of the inner blue box and discovered when opening the box that the charging pucks weren't in place and had been thrashing around during shipping. As a result, there is now 'permanent' cosmetic damage to the charging pucks. I took the tracking number and put it into USPS to file a claim and it said that there was no insurance purchased for the package... a $2k+ pair of shoes, weighing in at 12lbs, in a 44lb 'max weight' box. I contacted GOAT and explained what happened and told them that I need to file a claim as they literally knocked hundreds off the value of my shoes. They're currently giving me the run around, though I'm considering taking legal action because this is really getting under my skin. Thankfully I took photos of the box/accessories in pristine condition before shipping them out.

:x :smh:

Last edited:
goat ia a huge company. there are bound to be issues with the amount of shoes the sell.

with that said, id still rather sell on goat then to a stranger on facebook or on ebay. much more risk involved there.
They dont sell much they are a middle man service.

How does one get certified to authenticate sneakers?

how huge can they really be?

UPDATE ON MY SITUATION:

I received another email from "Abigail" at GOAT.

She is offering to refund my credit cards and then invoice me via PayPal.

Im not sure how this resolves any of their security concerns but Im not a e-commerce expert either.

And still no response from the email I sent to the [email protected] account.

UPDATE ON MY SITUATION:

I received another email from "Abigail" at GOAT.

She is offering to refund my credit cards and then invoice me via PayPal.

Im not sure how this resolves any of their security concerns but Im not a e-commerce expert either.

And still no response from the email I sent to the [email protected] account.
Unless you're sending via family and friends, you should still have protection through PayPal. Maybe not as much but still something...not saying it's normal/acceptable though. I'd definitely send multiple emails to goat to somewhat fast track their reply back.

I've sold a ton of pairs without issue. Recently sold some HyperAdapts, they got denied due to 'being tried on.' I told them that Nike+ had me try them on to test the sensors before leaving the store, which is true. Apparently there was a small mark on the bottom of one of the shoes that I didn't even notice. Anyway, so they shipped them back... I had sent them well packed with bubble wrap/peanuts in a 200lb test box. They returned them in a 44lb test box with 'paper' as packaging material. I opened up the package, found scratches all over the bottom of the inner blue box and discovered when opening the box that the charging pucks weren't in place and had been thrashing around during shipping. As a result, there is now 'permanent' cosmetic damage to the charging pucks. I took the tracking number and put it into USPS to file a claim and it said that there was no insurance purchased for the package... a $2k+ pair of shoes, weighing in at 12lbs, in a 44lb 'max weight' box. I contacted GOAT and explained what happened and told them that I need to file a claim as they literally knocked hundreds off the value of my shoes. They're currently giving me the run around, though I'm considering taking legal action because this is really getting under my skin. Thankfully I took photos of the box/accessories in pristine condition before shipping them out.
If I I were you man, I'll take legal actions against them to set them straight and provide sincere protection of Seller's merchandise. Pristine sent should be returned in the same condition no matter what the actual worth of the items they got. Keep us posted man! Hoping for the best in this fight of yours!

If I I were you man, I'll take legal actions against them to set them straight and provide sincere protection of Seller's merchandise. Pristine sent should be returned in the same condition no matter what the actual worth of the items they got. Keep us posted man! Hoping for the best in this fight of yours!
Waiting for them to respond. If they don't try to resolve the issue, I'll be requesting the contact of their legal representative. I'm already queued up and ready to go 
glasses.gif

definitely makes you second guess selling high priced items on goat. they're good until they're not.
they sent back a pair of yeezys with a factory defect and the person who was handling the box stained the front of the back with their fingers and you can tell they pulled the sliding box out with force since the box was sort of bent. very disappointing.

yo these horror stories makes me not want to sell on GOAT. just got approved.
I've sold 12 shoes on GOAT, just 1 issue about a shoe being "used" when in reality thats how they came directly from NDC. These stories just make you realize that eventually they will have something to pick on 
ohwell.gif
 . Im not trying to say don't sell on GOAT, because I still list there from time to time and believe they will eventually get it right, but issues do happen.

Update... Goat is attempting to resolve the issue. I'll have more news in the coming week. Hopefully this goes smoothly, otherwise it's going to be a biggg olll' can o' worms... 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom