God's Son >>>>>> It Was Written (Vol. The Hitchcock Of Hip Hop, Since BIG Pop Departed)

I can agree with Cake as far as what Jigga had to say on BP, thing is that's what Jay-Z fans like. More times than not they're not looking for any depth or covering important topics but satisfied with the egotistical rap.

Dudes covered that in the BP3 thread when you look at his catalog.

Nay right though, no way you call IWW a classic and BP isn't.

I can agree with Cake as far as what Jigga had to say on BP, thing is that's what Jay-Z fans like. More times than not they're not looking for any depth or covering important topics but satisfied with the egotistical rap.

Dudes covered that in the BP3 thread when you look at his catalog.

Nay right though, no way you call IWW a classic and BP isn't.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Now CAKE, you my brotha... But you DEAD wrong for this one...

You can't say IWW is a CLASSIC then say Blueprint isn't... No way...

IMO there are only 2 flaws on BP ("That N Jigga" & "Hola Hovito"), but as I said before no one is saying the album is FLAWLESS (cause VERY few albums are, if any), but that album is EVERYthing it needed to be AND more...

Blueprint is like a therapy session where as Steadman is sittin on the couch just sharing his every thought on the state of the game, and reflecting on the path he walked to get him into the position he's in... On both the street and business level... It also features "Song Cry" which is one of the VERY few tracks where he goes in depth about a relationship with a woman...

Not sure if its fair to compare the 2 albums because their from 2 different era, but I'd take BP over IWW ANY day of the week, other than the times I've done mini reviews, I've not had the desire to listen to IWW all the way through since 7th grade when it was one of the FEW CDs I had for roadtrips, and even then I damn near broke the skip button... BP has BETTER production, a BETTER concept, its put togeather much better, MORE depth... Basically everything an album can be, is what BP is standing over IWW...

Steadman's 4 Classics:
1. Reasonable Doubt
2. Blueprint Vol.1
3. The Black Album
4. American Gangster

Yea you named the two !+@@ sandwiches on the album, his bars were there on hola tho... My issue with this album will and has always been the extreme lack of substance... Yea you got bars, but WHAT WE TALKING ABOUT??? No it wasn't a theraphy session of him talking about his every thought on the game... It was ME ME ME session in which he attempted to prove that he was colder than everyone else as a person/THAT _!  He spent the 1st 7 songs Bigging himself up to be this utmost fresh mog who you should desire to be and females desire to be with... had 4 straight BANGERS talking about something of substance... the next song getting a foot put in his *$!... the last was a diamond sandwich between two lumps of coal.  

Yet because there are 17 crazy *$! beats on there and its Jay Z it gets over looked. Yea he has bars but so what... WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!  
Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif
smh.gif

My man still on the anti-blueprint crusade. Don't agree, but I respect it.

And I resized yo' font +@*+%, what. Do something.

I'ma Honor It... THIS TIME... because you respect my plight...

IMO there are only 2 flaws on BP ("That N Jigga" & "Hola Hovito"), but as I said before no one is saying the album is FLAWLESS (cause VERY few albums are, if any), but that album is EVERYthing it needed to be AND more...

Blueprint is like a therapy session where as Steadman is sittin on the couch just sharing his every thought on the state of the game, and reflecting on the path he walked to get him into the position he's in... On both the street and business level... It also features "Song Cry" which is one of the VERY few tracks where he goes in depth about a relationship with a woman...

Not sure if its fair to compare the 2 albums because their from 2 different era, but I'd take BP over IWW ANY day of the week, other than the times I've done mini reviews, I've not had the desire to listen to IWW all the way through since 7th grade when it was one of the FEW CDs I had for roadtrips, and even then I damn near broke the skip button... BP has BETTER production, a BETTER concept, its put togeather much better, MORE depth... Basically everything an album can be, is what BP is standing over IWW...

Steadman's 4 Classics:
1. Reasonable Doubt
2. Blueprint Vol.1
3. The Black Album
4. American Gangster

Yea you named the two !+@@ sandwiches on the album, his bars were there on hola tho... My issue with this album will and has always been the extreme lack of substance... Yea you got bars, but WHAT WE TALKING ABOUT??? No it wasn't a theraphy session of him talking about his every thought on the game... It was ME ME ME session in which he attempted to prove that he was colder than everyone else as a person/THAT _!  He spent the 1st 7 songs Bigging himself up to be this utmost fresh mog who you should desire to be and females desire to be with... had 4 straight BANGERS talking about something of substance... the next song getting a foot put in his *$!... the last was a diamond sandwich between two lumps of coal.  

Yet because there are 17 crazy *$! beats on there and its Jay Z it gets over looked. Yea he has bars but so what... WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!  
Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif
smh.gif

My man still on the anti-blueprint crusade. Don't agree, but I respect it.

And I resized yo' font +@*+%, what. Do something.

I'ma Honor It... THIS TIME... because you respect my plight...

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Steadman's 4 Classics:
1. Reasonable Doubt
2. Blueprint Vol.1
3. The Black Album
4. American Gangster

Provided the entire point he was trying to get across on the album was him being the BEST and more or less trying to convince people by repeating it other than showing it through sheer brilliance... But IMO he did BOTH, extremely well... In his OWN way...

You KNOW how Mr Knowles is...

I do this for my culture
To let 'em know what a %$#+# look like, when a %$#+# in a roaster
Show 'em how to move in a room full of vultures
Industry shady it need to be taken over
Label owners hate me I'm raisin the status quo up
I'm overchargin Ns for what they did to the Cold Crush
Pay us like you owe us for all the years that you ho'ed us
We can talk, but money talks so talk mo' bucks

Hov' is back, life stories told through rap
N's actin like I sold you crack
Like I told you sell drugs; NO, Hov' did that
so hopefully you won't have to go through that
I was raised in the pro-jects, roaches and rats
Smokers out back, sellin they mama's sofa
Lookouts on the corner, focused on the ave
Ladies in the window, focused on the kinfolk
Me under a lamp post, why I got my hand closed?
Cracks in my palm, watchin the long arm of the law
So you know I seen it all before
I seen hoop dreams deflate like a true fiend's weight
To try and to fail, the two things I hate
Succeed in this rap game, the two things that's great
H to the izz-O, V to the izz-A
What else can I say about dude, I gets bu-sy

The man be droppin jewels here and there... He just has his own way of doin it...

Steadman's 4 Classics:
1. Reasonable Doubt
2. Blueprint Vol.1
3. The Black Album
4. American Gangster

Provided the entire point he was trying to get across on the album was him being the BEST and more or less trying to convince people by repeating it other than showing it through sheer brilliance... But IMO he did BOTH, extremely well... In his OWN way...

You KNOW how Mr Knowles is...

I do this for my culture
To let 'em know what a %$#+# look like, when a %$#+# in a roaster
Show 'em how to move in a room full of vultures
Industry shady it need to be taken over
Label owners hate me I'm raisin the status quo up
I'm overchargin Ns for what they did to the Cold Crush
Pay us like you owe us for all the years that you ho'ed us
We can talk, but money talks so talk mo' bucks

Hov' is back, life stories told through rap
N's actin like I sold you crack
Like I told you sell drugs; NO, Hov' did that
so hopefully you won't have to go through that
I was raised in the pro-jects, roaches and rats
Smokers out back, sellin they mama's sofa
Lookouts on the corner, focused on the ave
Ladies in the window, focused on the kinfolk
Me under a lamp post, why I got my hand closed?
Cracks in my palm, watchin the long arm of the law
So you know I seen it all before
I seen hoop dreams deflate like a true fiend's weight
To try and to fail, the two things I hate
Succeed in this rap game, the two things that's great
H to the izz-O, V to the izz-A
What else can I say about dude, I gets bu-sy

The man be droppin jewels here and there... He just has his own way of doin it...

jthagreat wrote:

I mean folks have said 8 classics, 6 classics, BY ONE ARTIST??!!! 

I said 6 because I personally believe IWW was a classic and I count The Lost Tapes... but thats all subjective because I've gone on record countless times to say that a "Certain Album" by a "Certain Artist" is NOT A CLASSIC AT ALL... And will do so until I'm done listening to music.

on the real, if you wouldnt have "owned up to it" i wouldnt have known it was you that said it....Lost Tapes is a Classic.

but i know i cant be the only one who rarely looks at the poster who is postin...
I think a factor in something being a classic is its impact or music or that albums impact on an artists career as well.  I think that factor is lost in judging a classic by many on here.  And yeah to say Nas who is my second favorite rapper ever has 6 classics is just plain silly.
but wouldnt that Make Jay's Vol 2 a classic? that album has a dozen good/great songs, but Its my least favorite album. and theres no denyin that that album had a HUGE IMPACT...but its definately not classic.

and that was the single
wink.gif

but this thread has made me throw IWW and GodSon back into the whip.

jthagreat wrote:

I said 6 because I personally believe IWW was a classic and I count The Lost Tapes... but thats all subjective because I've gone on record countless times to say that a "Certain Album" by a "Certain Artist" is NOT A CLASSIC AT ALL... And will do so until I'm done listening to music.

on the real, if you wouldnt have "owned up to it" i wouldnt have known it was you that said it....Lost Tapes is a Classic.

but i know i cant be the only one who rarely looks at the poster who is postin...
I think a factor in something being a classic is its impact or music or that albums impact on an artists career as well.  I think that factor is lost in judging a classic by many on here.  And yeah to say Nas who is my second favorite rapper ever has 6 classics is just plain silly.
but wouldnt that Make Jay's Vol 2 a classic? that album has a dozen good/great songs, but Its my least favorite album. and theres no denyin that that album had a HUGE IMPACT...but its definately not classic.

and that was the single
wink.gif

but this thread has made me throw IWW and GodSon back into the whip.

Originally Posted by ninjahood
such a cop out answer
laugh.gif
you know DAMN WELL if u put drake's thank me later VS It Was Written head to head drake's album is gonna melt into plastic doo doo.

don't even give me that "its 2 albums from 2 generations" garbage..if a album is classic its gonna sound good compared to anything modern.
Outside of 2 songs (If I Ruled The World, I Gave You Power) I don't see ANYthing else on there that would make TML look like "plastic doo doo" other than the fact that NaS made one group of songs and Drake made the other...

So how does IWW compare to Raising Hell or It Takes A Nation?? Since they're all classics and all...

Do me one better and tell me what albums released in the 2000s you would consider BETTER than IWW?? Or even comparable, cause nothing from the 90s is open for critizism unless its LAD...

-its Nas highest selling album..period

So I guess that makes Hard Knock Life Mr Knowles best album... All Eyez On Me Pac's BEST album...

& I guess that makes IWW > Illmatic
eyes.gif

-its his best produced album..no other Nas album sonically sounds better front to back...this was when people had Nas holding his hand when it came to picking beats.

Better production that Illmatic??
eyes.gif

Features one of the worst Dre beat's EVER...
-sounds as good or better then any other Nas album.
According to who?? I'm as big a NaS fan than ANYone else, and there SOOOOOO much WRONG with that stament...
your problem is judging Nas applying his lyrical acumen on a "fabricated" persona  when in reality you should judge how well he painted that picture, which
  was undeniable masterful.
ohwell.gif

da source had that album as one of da best of 1996...we're talking about Source magazine in THEIR PRIME..so any little chance of you smearing this album with a bad
It got 4 Mics in the SAME issue as Reasonable Doubt, yet when the Source went back to mend past mistakes on reviews, they gave RD 5 mics and left IWW where it was... But I'm sure The Source is just out to get NaS (even tho they gave I Am 4 1/2 mics)

Originally Posted by ninjahood
such a cop out answer
laugh.gif
you know DAMN WELL if u put drake's thank me later VS It Was Written head to head drake's album is gonna melt into plastic doo doo.

don't even give me that "its 2 albums from 2 generations" garbage..if a album is classic its gonna sound good compared to anything modern.
Outside of 2 songs (If I Ruled The World, I Gave You Power) I don't see ANYthing else on there that would make TML look like "plastic doo doo" other than the fact that NaS made one group of songs and Drake made the other...

So how does IWW compare to Raising Hell or It Takes A Nation?? Since they're all classics and all...

Do me one better and tell me what albums released in the 2000s you would consider BETTER than IWW?? Or even comparable, cause nothing from the 90s is open for critizism unless its LAD...

-its Nas highest selling album..period

So I guess that makes Hard Knock Life Mr Knowles best album... All Eyez On Me Pac's BEST album...

& I guess that makes IWW > Illmatic
eyes.gif

-its his best produced album..no other Nas album sonically sounds better front to back...this was when people had Nas holding his hand when it came to picking beats.

Better production that Illmatic??
eyes.gif

Features one of the worst Dre beat's EVER...
-sounds as good or better then any other Nas album.
According to who?? I'm as big a NaS fan than ANYone else, and there SOOOOOO much WRONG with that stament...
your problem is judging Nas applying his lyrical acumen on a "fabricated" persona  when in reality you should judge how well he painted that picture, which
  was undeniable masterful.
ohwell.gif

da source had that album as one of da best of 1996...we're talking about Source magazine in THEIR PRIME..so any little chance of you smearing this album with a bad
It got 4 Mics in the SAME issue as Reasonable Doubt, yet when the Source went back to mend past mistakes on reviews, they gave RD 5 mics and left IWW where it was... But I'm sure The Source is just out to get NaS (even tho they gave I Am 4 1/2 mics)

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by raw spice

1. "Made You Look"  - average
  2. "Heaven  - Subpar/average song

Two great reasons why no one should ever take your opinion seriously again.
laugh.gif

Are you telling me that those are 2 Great songs?  Otherwise, it's just a slight difference of opinion, this is music/art here, nobody's going to completely agree on anything.

Yes, especially Heaven. To call it subpar is a joke.

laugh.gif

Are you telling me that those are 2 Great songs?  Otherwise, it's just a slight difference of opinion, this is music/art here, nobody's going to completely agree on anything.

roll.gif
  I'm done. 

roll.gif
  I'm done. 

Originally Posted by jthagreat

jthagreat wrote:

(1) on the real, if you wouldnt have "owned up to it" i wouldnt have known it was you that said it....Lost Tapes is a Classic.

but wouldnt that Make (2) Jay's Vol 2 a classic? that album has a dozen good/great songs, but Its my least favorite album. and theres no denyin that that album had a HUGE IMPACT...but its definately not classic.

(1)  Yea... i don't have any issue standing on what I say... I tend to have a logic argument as well as counters to back up my stance so I'm cool *head nods*

(2)  Ummmmm... You're Lying. Yea... Definite Fabrication Going On With This Statement.

jthagreat wrote:

(1) on the real, if you wouldnt have "owned up to it" i wouldnt have known it was you that said it....Lost Tapes is a Classic.

but wouldnt that Make (2) Jay's Vol 2 a classic? that album has a dozen good/great songs, but Its my least favorite album. and theres no denyin that that album had a HUGE IMPACT...but its definately not classic.

(1)  Yea... i don't have any issue standing on what I say... I tend to have a logic argument as well as counters to back up my stance so I'm cool *head nods*

(2)  Ummmmm... You're Lying. Yea... Definite Fabrication Going On With This Statement.

laugh.gif

I'll go as far to say Heaven is average.  That's it.  If I was to call Heaven even a good song, then I'd have to call Black Girl Lost and If I Ruled the World great/amazing(best thing since sliced bread)

laugh.gif

I'll go as far to say Heaven is average.  That's it.  If I was to call Heaven even a good song, then I'd have to call Black Girl Lost and If I Ruled the World great/amazing(best thing since sliced bread)

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

jthagreat wrote:

nerd.gif

http://richiestyles.com/w...Jay-Z-TheBlueprint-1.jpg src="http://richiestyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Jay-Z-TheBlueprint-1.jpg" width=535>
Cake's one man crusade against the Blueprint...
roll.gif

In terms of classics I got Nas with:
Illmatic, IWW, Untitled, Lost Tapes (depending whether you count it)

Jay with:
RD, IML, BP, BA

G I can not stress how OVERRATED this album is... I just don't have enough inside of me... No amount of words can describe it. 

Everytime I hear/think about this album I automatically paraphrase a Pusha T line:

Sure The Production Was Wild, BUT WHATS THE FUSS ABOUT?!?!?!?!

This _ spent the better part of thee entire album of cold #*# beats talking about absolutely nothing... I'll give you Heart of the City, Never Change, All I Need, Song Cry , & Lyrical Exercise... You Can Miss Me With The Rest Of That Shallow *@!%....

But Y'all Bought The *@!% Caught Up In The Hype, Because The *#$+$#+ Beats Are Cold Don't Mean That The Albums Nice...

smh.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

jthagreat wrote:

nerd.gif

http://richiestyles.com/w...Jay-Z-TheBlueprint-1.jpg src="http://richiestyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Jay-Z-TheBlueprint-1.jpg" width=535>
Cake's one man crusade against the Blueprint...
roll.gif

In terms of classics I got Nas with:
Illmatic, IWW, Untitled, Lost Tapes (depending whether you count it)

Jay with:
RD, IML, BP, BA

G I can not stress how OVERRATED this album is... I just don't have enough inside of me... No amount of words can describe it. 

Everytime I hear/think about this album I automatically paraphrase a Pusha T line:

Sure The Production Was Wild, BUT WHATS THE FUSS ABOUT?!?!?!?!

This _ spent the better part of thee entire album of cold #*# beats talking about absolutely nothing... I'll give you Heart of the City, Never Change, All I Need, Song Cry , & Lyrical Exercise... You Can Miss Me With The Rest Of That Shallow *@!%....

But Y'all Bought The *@!% Caught Up In The Hype, Because The *#$+$#+ Beats Are Cold Don't Mean That The Albums Nice...

smh.gif

indifferent.gif

I am a huge fan of Jay and he is my favorite rapper but vol 2 had a major impact as far as being a commercial success but did it really impact the genre?! Blueprint impacted the genre because of Jay rapping over sped up soul samples I would not say the same about Vol 2 or IWW.  Good albums but neither are classics.

I am a huge fan of Jay and he is my favorite rapper but vol 2 had a major impact as far as being a commercial success but did it really impact the genre?! Blueprint impacted the genre because of Jay rapping over sped up soul samples I would not say the same about Vol 2 or IWW.  Good albums but neither are classics.

Back
Top Bottom