Going to In-N-Out for the first time today... What to get?

I've only had In N Out twice in my life. It definitely left a lasting impression. I crave it on a daily basis.

There's actually an In-N-Out knockoff burger joint around my way that got sued by them for basically copycatting them. They have similar flavors, but its not the same.

Grab N Go burgers.

I've only had In N Out twice in my life. It definitely left a lasting impression. I crave it on a daily basis.
There's actually an In-N-Out knockoff burger joint around my way that got sued by them for basically copycatting them. They have similar flavors, but its not the same.
Grab N Go burgers.
Your story reminds me of McDowell's in Coming To America :lol:

i'll wait for the "in-n-out is overrated" brigade :smh:

but i order two cheeseburgers and some fries for under $5

It is overrated. Now that doesn't mean in n out isn't damn good, but you west coast dudes hyped it like it was lebron and ronaldo combined into one.

They're balotelli at best especially with so many burger options out today .

Cosmopolitan milkshake? Is that new? :lol: :tongue:

I always get #2: animal style, extra toast. Fries light. Pink lemonade. And a packet of spread for the fries.

Always.

Last edited:
It is overrated. Now that doesn't mean in n out isn't damn good, but you west coast dudes hyped it like it was lebron and ronaldo combined into one.
we talk about it because it is the best burger for the money. of course there are better burger options out there. heck. i prefer fatburger over in n out. but for under $2 for a cheeseburger that is fresh and good nothing beats in n out

If you like soggy fries...ask for Light Fries.
pimp.gif

in n out is "overrated" but let an in n out open in any city that doesnt have it.. you gona have 2-3 hour long waits like they had in dallas the last couple of years when they opened. 

in n out for fast food burgers >>>>>>>

bring any of those east coast chains out west and see if anyone cares. open a shake shack... even five guys didnt get the reception here that in n out would get anywhere else. 

@ op, get the regular menu item first.. then try the weird animal style stuff after and see what u like best. #1 double double with a coke >>>>

I get a double single, protein style, no spread, all veggies, mustard and chilies

I can't do protein style. I tried the lettuce wrap once, and doesn't give me the same feeling.

If I'm going to In-N-Out, I'm going all in, otherwise, I stay away.

Double-double, animal style fry. Lemonade. Happy.

Last edited:
#1 animal style with regular onions as well... for drink 1/2 Pink lemonade 1/2 tea, or lemon up (pink lemonade with 7 up)

dont forget the yellow chilis.

I dont mess with animal style fries, I just get reg fries, and get packets of "spread" to put on em. The cheese on the animal style kinda ruin em to me...

The hell is that, a bag of egg yolks?

I wanna try this place though, and get an east coast franchise going.

i keep it simple with the double or cheesburger and plain fries. cup for "water"

animal style fries & animal style burger after you've tried it plain with a side of spread for the fries.

Never tried the neapolitan shake, I'll try to remember to get that the next time I order. Has anyone ever tried their root beer floats? 

you already ate but ill say this for other first timers in the future

Even though i always eat double double now, id recommend a regular cheeseburger for someone going their first time. I think the double meat overpowers the flavor from everything else (nomo), i mean its great when you're hungry, but if you're trying to get a balanced taste of what in n out is about just get the cheeseburger for your first meal. Also, i love animal fries, but its not for everyone. The regular fries depend on what day you go, sometimes they're amazing, other times they're 
sick.gif

Above all else, when you go in, forget all the hype. Just try to forget about all the good things you've heard about it lol, because I know for me, whether its music, movies, food, w/e... hype kills

Truth.

i'll wait for the "in-n-out is overrated" brigade 
mean.gif

but i order two cheeseburgers and some fries for under $5

laugh.gif

#1 animal style with regular onions as well... for drink 1/2 Pink lemonade 1/2 tea, or lemon up (pink lemonade with 7 up)

dont forget the yellow chilis.

I dont mess with animal style fries, I just get reg fries, and get packets of "spread" to put on em. The cheese on the animal style kinda ruin em to me...

Egg yolks? 
laugh.gif

And I'm pretty sure In-N-Out is a family owned, non-franchise company.

Last edited:
:nthat: so many different order combinations in here and little tips / tricks.

I get a double-double with grilled onions instead of regular onions, fries, a lemon-up (7-up and pink lemonade) and some spread for my fries. Perfect lunch for a hot summer day.

Nah, they're little pepperchinis or whatever the hell you call them. (little chili peppers)

And I doubt they'll ever expand east coast, but who knows. I never thought they'd leave California

How you gonna tell me that this is over rated..

My lunch the other day. :wink:

No place around here can beat this burger for the price.

Yes, I've had The Habit. It's really good, but can't compare to a classic double double.

I wish this thread was around when I went out to California in July. Animal style fries sound way better than plain fries.

Back
Top Bottom