Going to Paris tomorrow... vol. Where The Spots At

Anybody ever been to Paris, France?
Trying to cop some things while im out there.

Stay downtown, don't venture out of the inner-Paris highway circle. The strip called "Avenue Des Champs" (traffic circle where the Arc is) is where all the playa's play but anywhere around a sight-seeing location will be bustling, especially along the river

Hit a game b

parc-des-princes-2016-2-4f290be.jpg

No matter how good the weather reports look before you touch down there, always take an umbrella with you. Maybe I'm just cursed, but I'm not even exaggerating when I say that it has rained EVERY SINGLE TIME I've been there, regardless of the season, and 6/8 times I got caught without an umbrella :lol: I know that generally Paris weather isn't bad, but it's always good to have an umbrella when traveling in Europe (unless you're in a city close to the Mediterranean sea)

Watch out for all the tourist traps everywhere. Paris can be EXTREMELY expensive to get a simple meal in if you're not careful. 90% of restaurants that have English menus are complete ripoffs. Learn some basic French or don't be afraid to just point at things on a menu with a simple "Merci" at the end. Avoid eating anywhere near the Eiffel Tower.

Speaking of language, PLEASE at least learn the basic greetings. Parisians know fluent English but will often refuse to speak it because of their dislike of Americans and Brits. A simple bonjour or excusez-moi goes a long way compared to "Hello, can you____"

The Metro there is amazing; I didn't have to use a car even once every time I've been there. It can be kind of overwhelming at first due to the massive number of lines, but you'll get a hang of it quickly.

If you're there for a while and have some time to kill/have seen everything already, I highly suggest doing a day trip to Bordeaux if the weather is nice and if you're into getting drunk off really good French wine for cheap (I think it was a ~3 hour train ride). Those same wines sell for at least 10X the price here in the US. Bordeaux is also a very authentic French city, whereas Paris is a more international one that caters a lot to tourists (which is why everything is also very expensive).

Last edited:
A close friend just went and told me about their nike store. Apparently its huge and the decor has all types of crazy ****. I suggest you stop by atleast once. Too bad Colette closed

And the gypsies trying to scam you out of money (a group of bummy looking women begging you for cash).

Europe has taught me to always keep my wallet in my front pocket no matter what :lol: Not that it's a bad habit either way, since sitting with a wallet in one of your back pockets messes with your posture.

Check out all of the museums and normal tourist spots

Go get a burger at Ferdi

Make evening reservation for Pamela Popo and hope they have the mushroom gnocci on the menu that night

Catch a PSG match if possible

If you dress "nice" ask the women where it's at for the night. Me and my girl got invited to some small exclusive rooftop party with supermodels. It was so random but felt like Paris to us, if that makes sense.

As far as shopping, the area where Collete used to be has everything. The only Goyard store, all of the fashion houses, street wear brands.

Europe has taught me to always keep my wallet in my front pocket no matter what :lol: Not that it's a bad habit either way, since sitting with a wallet in one of your back pockets messes with your posture.

Yeah what they do is one of the women will come at you with some sob story while her friends are casing you in order to pick your pockets (man) or fish in your purse (woman). OP just ignore them best as you can because they are SUPER aggressive with it. They are usally around the big tourist spots where foreigners flock (i.e. Eiffel tower)

Back
Top Bottom