Golf Thread - U.S. Open

Just put money on Scheffler, Zalatoris, Morikawa, and Rahm (and a flier on Tony Finau) to win The Open :lol:

Webb Simpson tees off in a couple hours

FC5743AE-B2BF-4806-ABD5-C941C8136B68.jpeg

Man I haven't seen Tiger that emotional...

I think he knows this may be it at St. Andrews.

I live not too far from St Andrews and it was a weird day today. I cycled to work in torrential rain then when I left it was sunny, in the mid 70s with a light breeze. Seems like it would favor those going out later.

The Tiger stuff was wholesome.

I think it was more about coming back from the crash tho knowing he can’t play like he used to.

Don’t think he’s retiring tho.

Wait you think he’s retiring?

I don't think he's retiring...but he should consider it.

I want him to be Tiger. But I don't think he can be Tiger any more. Especially with that leg the way it is.

It's wonderful to see him out there.

It's horrible to watch him post the score he posted.

I don't think he's retiring...but he should consider it.

I want him to be Tiger. But I don't think he can be Tiger any more. Especially with that leg the way it is.

It's wonderful to see him out there.

It's horrible to watch him post the score he posted.

I get that but he was still in there at The Masters.

The British Open is absolutely ruthless. It can do that.

Golf still needs him for the ratings alone. Especially with this LIV stuff.

It must be tough - he had a difficult few years and then the really serious physical damage from his car crash must make it hard.

It’s amazing he can play like he does.

Retirement might be the answer - and he can play Augusta and the other majors in the way that Nicklaus etc did for a few years - not competing but playing with pride.

I think he’s going to continue to get better as his legs get back to strength over the next 4-5 years… so he might blip up. After that it’s age. I would be super surprised if he didn’t play Majors the next few years.

I get that but he was still in there at The Masters.

The British Open is absolutely ruthless. It can do that.

Golf still needs him for the ratings alone. Especially with this LIV stuff.

That's selfish of golf.

End the day the man can't play forever.

I'd love to see Tiger win one more major but I don't want to see him keep trotting out there with the way the last two performances have gone.

Back
Top Bottom