Golf Thread - U.S. Open

This era of pro golf is too competitive...Rory is gonna go on a longer major drought than Tiger did simply because there are so many quality golfers right now. Might be the same for Spieth too. They had great starts to their careers but I think it will be tough if either of them finish with over 6 majors by the time they are done. They will probably get 1-2 more just because they are still not old but there's always gonna be someone like Cam Smith.

Even Koepka knows his run is probably over already so that's why he cashed out for the LIV Tour

All these guys seem to have small come-ups where we are trying to determine their staying power or if it’s simply their 6 months of fame

Koepka’s 2019 and DeChambeau also, those two, more so BK, had their like four months in 2019-20… Jason Day in 2015 being No. 1, then there was Spieth around that same time.

It’s harder to stay consistently at the top amongst the 5-10 best, like Rory or what we think Zalatoris could be.

This era of pro golf is too competitive...Rory is gonna go on a longer major drought than Tiger did simply because there are so many quality golfers right now. Might be the same for Spieth too. They had great starts to their careers but I think it will be tough if either of them finish with over 6 majors by the time they are done. They will probably get 1-2 more just because they are still not old but there's always gonna be someone like Cam Smith.

Even Koepka knows his run is probably over already so that's why he cashed out for the LIV Tour

I was thinking about this earlier and how it would've been dope to see Tiger against this field in his prime...but essentially, Woods' popularity and impact on golf is pretty much what ushered in all this talent in the first place. That's why I think he's the greatest ever, despite not catching Jack. That's how I justify it it anyway.

Not sure if I missed the discussion but Tiger hating on LIV is easy when you’re a billionaire. The average golfer’s pockets aren’t that deep. Phil’s are somewhat but he had to jump to LIV cause he likes to gamble :lol:

Not sure if I missed the discussion but Tiger hating on LIV is easy when you’re a billionaire. The average golfer’s pockets aren’t that deep. Phil’s are somewhat but he had to jump to LIV cause he likes to gamble :lol:

This is what I'm talking about LIV is giving additional opportunities which isn't a bad thing.

Finau wins the 3M :pimp:… ayyy for sure to get him back next year, I always hope for him as a long shot in the majors.

I think this Anti Trust lawsuit that the LIV golfers have filed will be interesting.

My guy Sam Bennett :pimp: :pimp:

First amateur to finish Day 1 in the top 10 since 2005. I love that he’s got A&M’s golf coach out there caddying for him too.

Missed today, but hoping Tiger can do some magic. I think I'm in for the weekend too though regardless how Tiger does. Some interesting names near the top...Koepka, Day, Rahm, Scheffler, Spieth, Finau, etc. Big names.

Missed today, but hoping Tiger can do some magic. I think I'm in for the weekend too though regardless how Tiger does. Some interesting names near the top...Koepka, Day, Rahm, Scheffler, Spieth, Finau, etc. Big names.
Word. I wonder how tomorrow will play out. Good names still in the mix.

Brooks has everything going… Dude doesn’t seem to get rattled either… Weather is the only thing that could slow him down but he has been so impressive early

Brooks has everything going… Dude doesn’t seem to get rattled either… Weather is the only thing that could slow him down but he has been so impressive early
Interested to see what he can do when he has to play 18 more holes on a 4th day.

Interested to see what he can do when he has to play 18 more holes on a 4th day.
I get that but it’s not like he hasn’t ever played 72 over 4 days before.… I think I would be more shocked if these LIV players look lost in their final round than go sub 70… Posting those 2 scores before the weather is really big

I get that but it’s not like he hasn’t ever played 72 over 4 days before.… I think I would be more shocked if these LIV players look lost in their final round than go sub 70… Posting those 2 scores before the weather is really big
I mean, he left for LIV because his body couldn’t play 4 days straight on the PGA Tour over a season. He’s looking as good as he did in his prime though, and seems to finally be back fully healthy.

Adding 18 more holes when you’ve been playing 54 for almost 2 years isn’t easy, especially on a guy with a history of injury issues. I don’t really wanna see a LIV guy win a PGA Major, but after the way he’s performed these first two rounds I wouldn’t be upset to see Brooks finally get it done at Augusta.

Back
Top Bottom