Golf Thread - U.S. Open

I mean, he left for LIV because his body couldn’t play 4 days straight on the PGA Tour over a season. He’s looking as good as he did in his prime though, and seems to finally be back fully healthy.

Adding 18 more holes when you’ve been playing 54 for almost 2 years isn’t easy, especially on a guy with a history of injury issues. I don’t really wanna see a LIV guy win a PGA Major, but after the way he’s performed these first two rounds I wouldn’t be upset to see Brooks finally get it done at Augusta.
Trust me I don’t want to see any of them win it either but his game is looking tough to beat… Seems like Augusta is a great course for guys to be able to come back from an injury/layoff and win it… It’s not a long track like Bethpage or Erin Hills that can beat you down over time… Just hope we get a couple, if not a handful of guys battling it out

You left, go play your own tournaments on CW. Still trying to get that PGA shine when they didn’t wanna be a part of it.

You on the PGA tour?

It's crazy to me how people defend the PGA tour like they are paid by it...

I can't blame anyone for going out and making more money.

If the players have previously won majors or qualify for the Masters or any other Major, there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to play.

Just saying they left the tour isn't a real good reason IMO.

You on the PGA tour?

It's crazy to me how people defend the PGA tour like they are paid by it...

I can't blame anyone for going out and making more money.

If the players have previously won majors or qualify for the Masters or any other Major, there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to play.

Just saying they left the tour isn't a real good reason IMO.
I don’t think I need to be to know how all the other guys on the tour feel about it (prior to this weekend when they’ve all been on the very best of behavior). You think if a guy like Alex Ovechkin went to play in Russia in the prime of his career he’d be invited to All Star Weekend to participate? Steph coming back for the 3 point contest NBA All Star Weekend if he goes to play in Europe? What’s different? This is a PGA event.

Edit: to your point, I also don’t fault any of these guys for going and making that money. They were smart to secure the bag. But actions have consequences, no matter how big or small they are. Most of the LIV guys when interviewed have said they don’t really care about legacy, they were doing it to secure the future of their family. Yet here they are, coming back to try to play for legacy.

Once again...

If they qualify for whatever Major why shouldn't they be allowed to play in it?

You can't compare it to Hockey and being invited back to the all star game as this is an individual sport. I get how the Majors maybe like an All Star game for golf, but these players actually qualify to play in them. So they should.

Like I said there isn’t a legit reason why we should root against any of these guys.

They went and made thier bread. They still qualified for the Majors. If they win, I lose nothing...

The PGA players can be as butt hurt as they want...

If you don't want LIV golfers winning, play better golf.

They trash LIV so they should be able to beat them. IMO.

Once again...

If they qualify for whatever Major why shouldn't they be allowed to play in it?

You can't compare it to Hockey and being invited back to the all star game as this is an individual sport. I get how the Majors maybe like an All Star game for golf, but these players actually qualify to play in them. So they should.

Like I said there isn’t a legit reason why we should root against any of these guys.

They went and made thier bread. They still qualified for the Majors. If they win, I lose nothing...

The PGA players can be as butt hurt as they want...

If you don't want LIV golfers winning, play better golf.

They trash LIV so they should be able to beat them. IMO.
I was incorrect in a previous post…the majors technically aren’t governed by the PGA. But without the lawsuit by LIV against the PGA/DPWT/OWGR (which was originally lost, then given a stay pending further investigation), most of these guys wouldn’t be eligible to play.

They don’t play in tournaments that qualify for world rankings points, and once the initial ruling is upheld they won’t be eligible going forward.

Brooks wouldn’t be eligible to play this weekend if the DPWT and OWGR had their way initially. He’s played out of his mind and played incredible golf this week, so again, I won’t be upset if he wins with the showing he’s had so far. But most of these guys probably won’t be here (or in most of the majors) next year once stuff passes through the courts.

I was incorrect in a previous post…the majors technically aren’t governed by the PGA. But without the lawsuit by LIV against the PGA/DPWT/OWGR (which was originally lost, then given a stay pending further investigation), most of these guys wouldn’t be eligible to play.

They don’t play in tournaments that qualify for world rankings points, and once the initial ruling is upheld they won’t be eligible going forward.

Brooks wouldn’t be eligible to play this weekend if the DPWT and OWGR had their way initially. He’s played out of his mind and played incredible golf this week, so again, I won’t be upset if he wins with the showing he’s had so far. But most of these guys probably won’t be here (or in most of the majors) next year once stuff passes through the courts.

Understood.

Still don't see a reason to root against them.

JT just opened the door for Tiger to make the cut.

If JT pars the 18th, Tiger is in.

JT with bogey bogey finish was brutal… Sounds like split tees and 3-somes to try and get as many holes in as possible

I’ve said before that I’m conflicted about the Masters - it obviously looks great and I respect the no advertising and attention to detail - but I find it hard to look past some of the snootiness and their stupid made up traditions - never mind the important stuff like the usual golf misogyny and racism.

But, one of my favorite things every time is to watch Fred Couples shake off 20 years and play out of his skin.

23677675-7C28-4C71-9319-625AC7EB61C2.jpeg

Yeah, for the day too. Forecast okay for tomorrow so should get finished.

I just paid for it too - can’t get it here without paying for a premium channel so I signed up for the month and saw about 10 minutes.

Yeah, for the day too. Forecast okay for tomorrow so should get finished.

I just paid for it too - can’t get it here without paying for a premium channel so I signed up for the month and saw about 10 minutes.
I just found out yesterday, but you can watch on masters.com for free and follow the featured groups.

I just found out yesterday, but you can watch on masters.com for free and follow the featured groups.

I’ve done that before - but it appears to be blocked overseas now. All I could get was the practice range.

I’ve done that before - but it appears to be blocked overseas now. All I could get was the practice range.
If you use Chrome look into an extension like HolaVPN. Haven’t used that thing in a while, not sure if it still works but it used to be great for spoofing your location.

The top of the leaderboard is very intriguing. Koepka (LIV, previous flurry of dominance before injury), Rahm (explosive, playing great and a constant, current-riser), Bennett (amateur)....Rose, Mickelson, Day in the cut.

Back
Top Bottom