Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Sad day when I'm fearing Stanford next week. Harbaugh is going to put up 50 on this D.

30t6p3b.gif

Oregon baby! I was pulling for Stanford last night, but Oregon impressed the heck out of me.

The Pac-10 is alive!

Oregon baby! I was pulling for Stanford last night, but Oregon impressed the heck out of me.

The Pac-10 is alive!

This is the 1st time in awhile that i've been real excited about a FSU/UM game and one that has serious implications on the championship. Can't wait for next weekend to start and this one hasn't even ended
laugh.gif

This is the 1st time in awhile that i've been real excited about a FSU/UM game and one that has serious implications on the championship. Can't wait for next weekend to start and this one hasn't even ended
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

The Pac-10 is alive!

hell yea Ducks baby!!!!!

IDK how LSU is ranked...they are terrible...smh

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

The Pac-10 is alive!

hell yea Ducks baby!!!!!

IDK how LSU is ranked...they are terrible...smh

Went to the Bama/Florida game yesterday and Bama's D played lights out. Bama is a very physical team on both sides of the ball. I was standing behind Florida bench most of the game and they were either limping on the sideline, on the training table, or just winded. I never expected the game to turn out the way it did along with many other people. The defense improved a lot since last week. Though lacking a pass rush, it got better last night. The offense played good the first half but did very little the second. I think once this team plays a complete game on both sides of the ball, they will be very dangerous.

Went to the Bama/Florida game yesterday and Bama's D played lights out. Bama is a very physical team on both sides of the ball. I was standing behind Florida bench most of the game and they were either limping on the sideline, on the training table, or just winded. I never expected the game to turn out the way it did along with many other people. The defense improved a lot since last week. Though lacking a pass rush, it got better last night. The offense played good the first half but did very little the second. I think once this team plays a complete game on both sides of the ball, they will be very dangerous.

[h1]Source: Ex-UNC coach lobbied for agent[/h1]

By Ivan Maisel
ESPN.com
Archive

Former University of North Carolina associate head coach John Blake called Alabama defensive lineman Marcell Dareus this summer and lobbied for him to consider employing agent Gary Wichard, an Alabama source confirmed Sunday.

Dareus reported the information to the NCAA when it interviewed him during its investigation into violations of improper benefits received by Dareus and players at several other schools, including North Carolina.

[h4]SEC blog[/h4]
low_chris_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Chris Low writes about all things SEC in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

Blake resigned his coaching position with the Tar Heels last month in the wake of the NCAA investigation, which expanded to include his relationship with Wichard. The relationship between Dareus and Blake dates to when Blake recruited Dareus out of Birmingham to come to North Carolina.

Dareus, the NCAA determined, received $1,787 in airfare, hotel, transportation and meals to attend a party last spring in Miami Beach. He paid that amount to charity and the NCAA suspended him for the first two games of the season.

The NCAA expanded its investigation of Blake, a former employee of Wichard, and his financial relationship with the agent. He resigned from the university shortly thereafter. Yahoo! Sports has reported that Wichard's ties with Blake are so deep that the agent's firm issued Blake a credit card. Blake's attorneys said their client has received loans from Wichard but that he never steered players to the agent in return.

Ivan Maisel is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

[h1]Source: Ex-UNC coach lobbied for agent[/h1]

By Ivan Maisel
ESPN.com
Archive

Former University of North Carolina associate head coach John Blake called Alabama defensive lineman Marcell Dareus this summer and lobbied for him to consider employing agent Gary Wichard, an Alabama source confirmed Sunday.

Dareus reported the information to the NCAA when it interviewed him during its investigation into violations of improper benefits received by Dareus and players at several other schools, including North Carolina.

[h4]SEC blog[/h4]
low_chris_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Chris Low writes about all things SEC in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

Blake resigned his coaching position with the Tar Heels last month in the wake of the NCAA investigation, which expanded to include his relationship with Wichard. The relationship between Dareus and Blake dates to when Blake recruited Dareus out of Birmingham to come to North Carolina.

Dareus, the NCAA determined, received $1,787 in airfare, hotel, transportation and meals to attend a party last spring in Miami Beach. He paid that amount to charity and the NCAA suspended him for the first two games of the season.

The NCAA expanded its investigation of Blake, a former employee of Wichard, and his financial relationship with the agent. He resigned from the university shortly thereafter. Yahoo! Sports has reported that Wichard's ties with Blake are so deep that the agent's firm issued Blake a credit card. Blake's attorneys said their client has received loans from Wichard but that he never steered players to the agent in return.

Ivan Maisel is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Back
Top Bottom