Goodbye, Toys R Us? * UPDATE: Toys R Us is preparing to liquidate its U.S. operations, sources say*

this aint how the future supposed to be

toys are supposed to be cooler now not abandoned altogether for youtube and apps

my kids gonna play with regular toys/action figures/cars/etc. along w the new stuff for as long as i can control it...i feel like it lowkey builds your creativity along w going outside
Couldn't have said it any better myself...

Charles Lazarus, the founder of Toys "R" Us, has passed away at the age of 94.

fa28371c0a6d9cde1a4ab4e6a1e6654d

Toys R Us was always more expensive that other stores. The only thing Ive ever gotten from TRU was Mario 3 for the OG Nintendo. Come to think of it, I still aint beat it.

Obviously you can order things online, but I still took my kid there from time to time. Nothing like seeing them go thru the store and check out stuff. Then the joy on their face when they find something cool and new.
Not gonna front, id get him like one or two things but make mental notes along the way for things to order for cheaper online. Still, bummed to see it go.

So Nintendo Switch stuff aren't getting discounted for the liquidation sale, what about the PS4 and Xbox 1 stuff? Anyone get any deals on any extra PS4 controllers or games?

Toys R Us was always more expensive that other stores. The only thing Ive ever gotten from TRU was Mario 3 for the OG Nintendo. Come to think of it, I still aint beat it.

My wife and i used to always play it on the wii a few years ago. We made a solid attempt to beat it for like a month straight and just couldnt do it. You have to get through the final stage while only turning small like once or something iirc. Its frustrating too when u see ppl on youtube beating the whole game in a few minutes. :lol:

From what I've been seeing it's max of 10% off right now. Just gotta hope people dont go wild with the 10% off and leave some stuff for the bigger liquidation.

Have you guys ever been to a liquidation sale? There seldom any deals to be had when these things happen. Everything starts at full retail with incremental percentages off at specific times. By the time the get to the good percentages all the good stuff is gone and all they have left is store fixures. Idiots buy everything early on, thinking they are getting a deal.

Have you guys ever been to a liquidation sale? There seldom any deals to be had when these things happen. Everything starts at full retail with incremental percentages off at specific times. By the time the get to the good percentages all the good stuff is gone and all they have left is store fixures. Idiots buy everything early on, thinking they are getting a deal.
This has been my experience in the past. Sports authority, hh gregg, circuit city, etc etc. Never seen anything worthwhile

Man I remember when I was a young kid and I would be so excited on the way to the store that when I arrived I would have to take a leak :lol:, I'd be running through all the isles holding it till I found what I wanted. Then at check out I'd run out the store to the nearest bathroom.

Not to derail the thread, but anybody remember service merchandise?

Just took me way back with that one, have not heard that name in YEARS.

Remember getting Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis games from those paper slips. Slips would be all over the floor everytime as soon as you hit that aisle.

Chances of getting a PS4 on sale, slim to none I suppose. Could really see those being RTV'd back to Sony before they would more on less mark them way down.

I still got excited as an adult to walk through the aisles of toys r us. I would check out the marvel, dc, and ither action figures. Also pop toys and what video games they had on sale.

Damm son. This is sad going out of business stories.

I remember my dad taking me to toys r us in near kings plaza, got my 1st bike, Gameboy color everything from that store when growing up.

Will be buying something just for nostalgic reasons

That was my Toys R Us growing up :pimp::pimp: countless trips there as an only child growing up. I was spoiled :lol: . Would always run right to the wrestling action figure aisle, and then over to the Legos, and then the video game section.

I remember when I was old enough to ride my bike alone, I bought it there and rode down Flatbush with all that traffic.

So Nintendo Switch stuff aren't getting discounted for the liquidation sale, what about the PS4 and Xbox 1 stuff? Anyone get any deals on any extra PS4 controllers or games?
The one near me had the 10% off posters all across the Switch stuff and said it was included. However, I went to get an Xbox One X and for some reason after tax it still came out to about $512. Felt more like only 5% was taken off and taxed on the full retail amount. Might as well have Best Buy price match Costco & get SoT for free for same price.

I used to go to BEST for video games. Remember gettimg mario 2 and mortal kombat there :lol:

Back
Top Bottom