Goodbye, Toys R Us? * UPDATE: Toys R Us is preparing to liquidate its U.S. operations, sources say*

People actually upset they're going out of business? Not like you won't be able to buy toys anymore. How many mom and pop toy shops did they put out of business? Good riddance!

^
its a nostalgia thing for most of us. Going there as a kid you couldnt help but be giddy going in to buy videos games/consoles/toys.
Happy times.

Hopefully I can cop some Switch and PS4 games and accessories on the low, Legos too. Lego is another company that has overpriced things. I wanna buy some for the kids but I'd be payin $100 in a trip, and that's at Walmart

Might have to go pay a visit to one before they close

Kinda depressing how much time me and my brothers spent at that atore and buying so many toys and video games

It was like a weekend tradition to always go to toys r us

man, i still remember having Geoffrey dollars. I hope we will be able to purchase some things on discount

i went
and wasn't **** on sale
BUT it was packed
watch this be a marketing strategy :lol:
i asked an employee about the crowd
he said its been like this all week

I just came back from my local store. Crowds of people and they don't have any deals going except for random "Buy 1 get 2nd 40 percent off". Walked out in 10 minutes :ohwell:

i went
and wasn't **** on sale
BUT it was packed
watch this be a marketing strategy :lol:
i asked an employee about the crowd
he said its been like this all week

According to a few CNN/CNBC reports, they said Toys R Us WILL NOT START ANNOUNCING liquidation sales until possibly next week.

So right now, cats are just hyping themselves up to go into a Toys R Us hoping that liquidation 70% deals have begun.............when they haven't announced such a deal YET for ALL STORES, and only a few individual Toys R Us stores have started the process early themselves.

The earliest we'll start seeing those EVERYTHING OFF FOR 70% sales for all TRU stores will possibly be late March/early April, especially due to this (unnecessary) hype that has begun to develop b/c of the sudden announcement of Toys R Us being put to bed in the USA.

When is it supposed to be closing? I have a little one on the way and some gift cards to use from there.

When is it supposed to be closing? I have a little one on the way and some gift cards to use from there.

i think you got 30 days from either today or yesterday to use them.

went a couple times this week it’s really sad. i go from time to time for funko pops and it’s usually a ghost town in there and both times i went this week there had to be well over 100 people if not more and the place is a mess.

i’ve always collected stuff mainly action figures when i was younger and my best memories as a kid were going to toys r us with my mom or dad to get a wrestling or power rangers figure.

it’s sad because this is something i always thought i’d be able to do with my kids in the future and now it won’t happen. gonna have to sit them in front of a laptop or take them to an aisle in target

Is there really any deals on anything worthwhile at these liquidations? When sports authority went under i stopped by a few times during the liquidation and there wasnt **** there. Maybe others had different experiences.

Is there really any deals on anything worthwhile at these liquidations? When sports authority went under i stopped by a few times during the liquidation and there wasnt **** there. Maybe others had different experiences.

I went to the SA closeouts

everything was like 10-20% off

less if it was actually a good item/popular

Yep.........expect Nintendo reselling hypebeasts ready to pounce on this at their nearby Toys R Us stores next week if their stores started liquidation sales

Man, it really sucks to hear tbh. I remember back when I was young buying video games; you would have to grab a paper slip on the wall then take it to the register and pay for it. Then head over to a little side window register and give them the slip to pick up your game. So many childhood memories walking into toys r us with them bright lights Hit you once you walk in. All time purchases were: wrestling figures, transformers(beast wars), Star Wars, games, bikes etc. you name it. We always got memories.

Last edited:
I remember my dad buying my first bike and Sega Genesis from Toys R Us. Such a big moment in my life growing up.

Back
Top Bottom