Goodbye, Toys R Us? * UPDATE: Toys R Us is preparing to liquidate its U.S. operations, sources say*

Thinking back on Toys r us, in pretty sure I only ever went to 1 aisle, the “boys” aisle. With transformers power rangers, gundam toys etc. probably why wal mart ended up beating them. You only need 3 aisles, boys girls and sports. Not an entire building

KB toy stores were always more compact in comparison

Gamestop... You're on the clock. Wonder if they will take this chance to add more toys in their locations. They should be adding comic books soon.

Thinking back on Toys r us, in pretty sure I only ever went to 1 aisle, the “boys” aisle. With transformers power rangers, gundam toys etc. probably why wal mart ended up beating them. You only need 3 aisles, boys girls and sports. Not an entire building

KB toy stores were always more compact in comparison

KB toys store in he Bayarea back in the days was always in the mall, compact in size or always at an outlet. But I rather have Toys r us than KB.

End of an era. I feel like people born in the 80’s-89 tops had the best childhood.

Last edited:
KB toys store in he Bayarea back in the days was always in the mall, compact in size or always at an outlet. But I rather have Toys r us than KB.

End of an era. I feel like people born once the 80’s-89 tops had the best childhood.

Born in 1980 and loved the cartoons, toys, video games, bmx bikes, music, movies. The one thing I feel we missed out on was no internet for sharing info. Everything was word of mouth so sometimes information got jumbled up with rumors and lies.

Amazon > toys r us... same day shipping and bigger sales.

But for nostalgia purposes yes I am heartbroken part of my childhood is over and done.

As parent place was clutch. Enjoyed more as. An adult
Copping things for my daughter.

Now i dont have go to place for all baby ****. ****in amazon yo

Was it really overpriced?

Or their items were at suggested retail and didn't go on sale fast enough?

Seemed like they had similar prices to other stores. I remember buying my ps3 there and getting a $50 gift card which was a good deal.

Born in 1980 and loved the cartoons, toys, video games, bmx bikes, music, movies. The one thing I feel we missed out on was no internet for sharing info. Everything was word of mouth so sometimes information got jumbled up with rumors and lies.

One thing that was definitely word of mouth that every knew about was blowing inside Nintendo games, or putting the game in where it clipped the edge to work.

That Jeffery picture, man, felt that one in my soul in all seriousness. Once Wal-Mart started going hard with toys/games it was beginning of the end, sites like Amazon were pretty much the death blow. I still remember like yesterday the Xmas catalog :nthat:

One thing that was definitely word of mouth that every knew about was blowing inside Nintendo games, or putting the game in where it clipped the edge to work.

30+ years later we found out that the moisture from our breath only made the games harder to read :lol:. Nintendo did want us to clean them with q tips and rubbing alcohol because they wanted us to buy their "cleaning kit" for $25.

gif-sneakers-comedy-club-mars-2016-7.gif

worked at a TRU for a couple yrs tail end of hs. still keep in touch with the friends i made there. had a blast working there. and we used to scam tf out of the system with collecting and reusing coupons. getting bikes and xbox's and ps3's for $50+ bucks lol. and holding and hiding stock around xmas time and selling them to people that offered us extra bread lmaooo. and fixing the computer system and adding hours the the checks. bro, we were eating. so much fun. damn shame it's over.

I'll always have the memories though. Kids of the future are gonna suck so bad smh.

I legit think cell phones are responsible for this. I never see commercials for toys, plus kids just want iPhones and ipads anyway.

I legit think cell phones are responsible for this. I never see commercials for toys, plus kids just want iPhones and ipads anyway.
A big issue you don’t see commercials is basically FCC regulations forced kids programming to be more educational. This applies to stuff like fox cw etc and didn’t apply to Cartoon Network Disney etc. so that effectively killed children’s programming and Saturday morning cartoons which mainly focused on those new action shows or other kids shows every few months. And those kid shows were basically there to promote and sell toys.

So if there’s less and less cartoons with merchandise, there’s less commercials and less toys in stores. Not saying kids would completely abandon iPhones and stuff but there’s no alternative to make them. There’s no daily power rangers or DBZ to enamor them

It’s still got cartoons, they just come on kids channels. I see em all day because every tv in my house is on a different kids channel all damn day. That and vacation commercials, thanks to nick jr I got finessed into paying for Myrtle beach.

It’s still got cartoons, they just come on kids channels. I see em all day because every tv in my house is on a different kids channel all damn day. That and vacation commercials, thanks to nick jr I got finessed into paying for Myrtle beach.
Cartoons still exist on cable but previously they were every where fox cbs abc WB, nbc

Back
Top Bottom