Google employee fired 4 objections to PC culture Inquisition

He had his right to free speech, Google had their right to fire him for using their company and mailing list as a vehicle to promote his beliefs.

Sounds sensitive as ****, though. Too many of these kids jump from college to a career and never learn how to carry themselves as an adult.

The people feeding into this couldn’t care less about the kid, just finding another way to push their message that’s made them feel ‘isolated.’❄️

It’s corny.

All this. Throw in dude probably violating some kind of code of conduct + likely making female employees uncomfortable, I'd be surprised if he didn't get fired.

Guarantee anybody in here trying this **** would get the same treatment and it wouldn't even hit your local paper :lol:

I mean, as far as any of us can tell, Google and many other companies who care to promote diversity are doing just fine. Their employees are relatively happy other than the few people who decide to throw out a 10 page argument on why discrimination would create a more efficient workplace.

Like, what are we even talking about anymore? This is where I was worried we would be heading when liberals were banding together to cry out that we should listen to the other side.

Some perspectives don’t deserve the platform. That’s not to say I don’t think this guy does, he took his platform by force though so I’m not quite sure why anyone should be feeling sorry for him right now.

had their right to fire him for using their company and mailing list as a vehicle to promote his beliefs.

problem is Google actively seeks for its employees to solve other problems outside their main scope of their work load & hosts plenty of forums for such extra curricular activities.

Last edited:
I’m not sure what difference that makes legally. He lost grounds for an argument on this when he broke code.

Should have read the manual.

Has a PHD, yet lacks common sense.

I am in the tech industry as well. A large percentage of my colleagues are awkward as fuuuu like this guy.

likely making female employees uncomfortable, I'd be surprised if he didn't get fired.
uncomfortable with science though?
at a company that built off the back of a mathematics algorithm?

he's soft for trying to sue though. That's a waste of time. #heshurt

who cares

play stupid games win stupid prizes

you would be hard pressed not to get fired at 99% of most companies for releasing that manifesto.

he's soft for trying to sue though. That's a waste of time. #heshurt

Doesn't matter in the context of a business. HR was not gonna read complaints and say "but science though".

Doesn't matter in the context of a business. HR was not gonna read complaints and say "but science though".
Precisely. There’s a reason it’s called ‘Human’ Resources.

When we get to full automation of these jobs and we’re taking about the most efficient environment for a robot, I’ll read this full manifesto.

Fired for stupidity actually. Like who does this guy think he is?

Nobody would ever confuse this virgin's ideals for googles, but I see why they fired him, and agree with the move.

ethical/moral concerns vs cold hard truths are always great combative opponents because you're dealing with rooted facts vs emotional feelings of people which isn't always connected to what's really going on, but merely da perception.

Here's the problem with people like James Damore: they're really, really smart within one particular field of study. However, they often forget that having knowledge in one field does not necessarily mean they have knowledge in other fields, despite what their inclinations may lead them to believe.

Dude is the standard computer geek that discovered /r/TheRedPill/ and Voat. Rather than seeking answers internally, he externalized his shortcomings in the form of criticism against things he perceived as threats to his belief system, in this case, political correctness and feminism.

It won't be long until he tries to pivot this into appearances on The Blaze, Fox, and other "alternative" news sites.

Here's the problem with people like James Damore: they're really, really smart within one particular field of study. However, they often forget that having knowledge in one field does not necessarily mean they have knowledge in other fields, despite what their inclinations may lead them to believe.

Dude is the standard computer geek that discovered /r/TheRedPill/ and Voat. Rather than seeking answers internally, he externalized his shortcomings in the form of criticism against things he perceived as threats to his belief system, in this case, political correctness and feminism.

It won't be long until he tries to pivot this into appearances on The Blaze, Fox, and other "alternative" news sites.

nah, you're overplaying da political hand cuz certain folks of a partisan ilk is rollin with it.

da reality is da rubber of meritocracy is meeting da road of reality where things "on paper work" in real life are much more nuanced, I.E. emotions & passions, and flat out zeal of something tends to get blown way out of proportion.

you can tell this guy only knows how to crunch data and come to callused scientific conclusions, which on da tech world is just what da doctor ordered.

that manifest was cited like a dissertation.

this is why Robots won't ever really take over jobs humans do where da human element cannot be factored out.

da irony is biological men & women are different and to politicize it is just giving lip service of w/e da overarching topic is just to not offend and move on.

You can be anything you want, believe anything you want and criticize whomever you want... at home. If ANYONE goes to work thinking people care about or want to hear your opinion... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What is sounds like is this dude thought he had free rein to say whatever he felt with no consequences because he's a white male. Nope. Sure he said it, but now he'll be taking a lower tier job from a company with people that'll embrace his stupidity, but an environment that he'll probably grow to hate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom