Gorilla shot after 4yr old falls in enclosure VOL.....RIP HARAMBE

why couldnt they just shoot a dart or whatever that makes the gorilla go to sleep?

I wonder how many people calling for the parents' head are the same cats fighting for their gun rights so they could go and kill animals for sport.

Lot of real righteous cats in this thread.

Gonna guess NT isn't really popping with hunters

Yeah she definitely turned me off when I saw her post.

I might be teamape now...
IMO it makes sense

She was probably shocked and embarrassed af.

She has two options at that point:

A) Really think about what she's going to say before hitting that post button.

B) Stay the **** away from any social networks

All that post did was expose the fact that her decision making abilities are questionable at best.

**** it...call child services on this family.

#teamape

why couldnt they just shoot a dart or whatever that makes the gorilla go to sleep?

Takes too long. Clearly, there needs to be quicker non lethal options. Since zoos aren't ending anytime soon.

I wonder how many people calling for the parents' head are the same cats fighting for their gun rights so they could go and kill animals for sport.

What are you talking about? How many Nters you know that trophy hunt. :lol:

For those of you don't support zoos, do you feel the same way about aquariums?
I have a friend who works at the Boston aquarium on-call who rescues beached fish, seals, turtles, and so on. They bring them to the aquarium, examine them, treat them, and then release them when it's time. That I support.

I don't support putting sharks and other large species in small *** tanks so folks can stare at them and pet them.

I have a friend who works at the Boston aquarium on-call who rescues beached fish, seals, turtles, and so on. They bring them to the aquarium, examine them, treat them, and then release them when it's time. That I support.

I don't support putting sharks and other large species in small *** tanks so folks can stare at them and pet them.

Same. If we must have an aquarium.. I only support tanks for the small dumb fish/shellfish. There's only one species of fish that can feel pain if memory serves me correctly.. Most are dumb and don't need much. Dolphins, seals, orcas, octopus, are very smart. Too smart to be held captive and need to exercise their natural instincts,etc.
Dolphins are so diverse that they have accents. I hate seeing them have to live a life of entertaining people. Day in day out.

I've been fascinated by octopus lately..

best for last

Last edited:
I'm confused. I thought they said there was a moot around the enclosure, meaning even the animals couldn't get right up to the end of the wall line. Here at my zoo, for many exhibits, if you try that, you're falling down into a cement moot that even animals cant get to. That doesn't seem to be the case here at all.

Did you even watch the video?

bits and pieces. But whats the point of a moat if an animal can still get into that part of the enclosure? Are we to assume that the gorilla also "fell" into the moat to retrieve the child? Most moats have a physical barrier in some regards. This moat was useless.

I'm probably thinking about things backwards here. Moats most definitely keep animals from escaping, but just like what happened to a polar bear many years back,
2965971090_080d7db15f.jpg

They can slip into a moat and be okay. Onlookers are just 5 feet away and a small fence away from falling in with him.

Last edited:
I think the zoo should go after the family. I dont think the parents should lose custody of their kid for what was probably a 15 second lapse in supervision. However, I think they should have to pay for whatever it may cost to raise and nurture a new baby gorilla. And if the AZA steps in and says the zoo needs to build new barricades around the gorilla pit, the parents should have to pay for that too.

if da parents wanna have a easy lazy defense to all da attacks on them...*cough* play da race card *cough*

she has 4 kids, the dad of the kid who fell in the pit has kids with other people

I can't see how they could have been so reckless to allow a kid to fall in a gorilla pit, like I said, some people should not be allowed to breed

this country is slowly heading towards the former one kid China policy because of idiots like these parents

she has 4 kids, the dad of the kid who fell in the pit has kids with other people

I can't see how they could have been so reckless to allow a kid to fall in a gorilla pit, like I said, some people should not be allowed to breed

this country is slowly heading towards the former one kid China policy because of idiots like these parents

7 billion ppl ain't enough tho.....

Maybe this kid will grow up and cure cancer.

:rofl:
@ninja and Rusty

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom