Gorilla shot after 4yr old falls in enclosure VOL.....RIP HARAMBE

reminds me of the Jackson Zoo in Mississippi. Besides being in the ghetto and across the street/next door to liteally half burned down traphouses, none of the barriers were sufficient. I'm standing there looking at the lion exhibit over like a 2 feet concrete fence and a little drop off like this mutha***** could just come out here at me or vice versa, same with the rhinos, only saving grace was that is was miserably hot and none of the animals seemed interested in doing anything. I understand you lose sight of your kids for a few seconds, my daughter can't even walk yet and she jumped off the bed while I was grabbing something for her not gone more than 5 seconds. She was more than fine. I am more concerned how long the timeline was then the amount of obstacles he had to go through. Not saying take the kid just yet but maybe CPS can give her like a "strike" and use it in the case of any other cases of negligence putting her kids in harm's way to establish a pattern and maybe then start looking at that.

what bothers me is everyone is so quick to shame the parenting to protect the life of an animal.

why not help the lady out by letting her know everyone makes mistakes and help people become parents?

weve become more willing to help an animal than help a human being.

that says a lot about our society and the direction were going.

god help us.

what bothers me is everyone is so quick to shame the parenting to protect the life of an animal.

why not help the lady out by letting her know everyone makes mistakes and help people become parents?

god help us.

What are you talking about?

The lady should receive help from DCPP. She needs that involvement in her life. These services are meant for the family not just the child

Lmao you guys really like me bro, i still drive the m3 and smash my BM in miami and i have a brand new ford econoline work van in orlando, want any more details? Yes its warm and tight. Anybody want to hang out in south beach in a m3 every other weekend?

We really got folks picketing for the life of a silverback gorilla who was running around dragging a child from his ankle.

We're cool with locking these animals up and ogling at them for hours, but once we have to deal with the realities of those animals and their nature we're all shocked.

People watch too many Disney movies. If it's a human or a gorilla, I'm taking out that gorilla every time.

Last edited:
My question is, what does the m3 or my past of taking xanax have to do with my opinions? #teamape in the brain i see as well

god help us.

God help us because people just recklessly have kids they can't handle

What are you talking about?

The lady should receive help from DCPP. She needs that involvement in her life. These services are meant for the family not just the child

rather than seeking to help the woman and her family, were using her bad parenting and shaming her as an excuse to save the life of an animal.

the empathy hierarchy is Gorilla >>>>> Child >>>>> Gorilla >>>>> Parent

the animal has surpassed the humans as far as importance.

Most of these discussions have been brought up over the years on NT.
I buy union made when I can as I am in a union(NYC union carpenter) myself and believe in unions unlike many on here. Of course, this isn't always practical with most mainstream items.
I refuse to buy diamonds with the racket Debeers has going. The diamonds I have are family heirlooms otherwise I'm buying diamonds that are man made.
Oil? Well, there's this thing called a modern city. I happen to live in it and need to use a train(still needs oil for moving parts) or car to get around. We haven't quite moved to a more sustainable form of energy yet. I'm no scientist (shrugs).
As for meat. I hunt with a bunch of other constructiom workers. Venison lasts for months in our fridge. It's quick and humane. I buy from trader joes and try to always buy pasture-raised. I do what I can for a person who lives in NYC(for now). :lol:
Yes, seeing these animals in nature is the most exciting way to observe them. Highly recommend Enchanted Kingdom, hell, most of the docs on Netflix. They're also much more informative than zoos are.

Lifestyle isn't that of a monk but I try my best and acknowledge the consequences and ripple effects of actions. Trying to do more than just be another mouth breather thats only about themselves..

Is enchanted kingdom one of the docs? I tried searching netflix but didnt find anything

rather than seeking to help the woman and her family, were using her bad parenting and shaming her as an excuse to save the life of an animal.

The parent is definitely the victim in all this, they should change the exhibit to the Michelle Gregg Gorilla Wing for all the suffering she has gone through over this

The parent is definitely the victim in all this, they should change the exhibit to the Michelle Gregg Gorilla Wing for all the suffering she has gone through over this

im not saying shes the victim, but we need to stop shaming the lady as a way to sympathize for a ******* animal.

How is it an excuse to save the animal?

Say the kid fell the 15 ft and landed on his head. The Gorilla who protected the kid wouldn't even be into question. 

It's about the negligence of the parent that resorted to a captive gorilla being shot dead. 
Is enchanted kingdom one of the docs? I tried searching netflix but didnt find anything
I wish. Came out in theaters in one time showing in real 3d last year. Was amazing.  

Off the top of my head, Life on Netflix is good.

What is your sample size. What criteria are you using to create such a hierarchy?

How is it an excuse to save the animal?
Say the kid fell the 15 ft and landed on his head. The Gorilla who protected the kid wouldn't even be into question. 
It's about the negligence of the parent that resorted to a captive gorilla being shot dead. 

and what if while "protecting" the child's head get smashed on a rock and dies.

hypothetical situations out the window.

parents make mistakes. just because you lose your child once you become a terrible parent? c'mon man.

the severity of the situation doesn't make her a terrible anything, but were quick to say that because a gorilla died.

What is your sample size. What criteria are you using to create such a hierarchy?

just look at every media outlet covering this story. no sympathy for the child or the mother.

thousands of people are signing a petition to press charges against the parents for the negligence.

Back
Top Bottom