Gorilla shot after 4yr old falls in enclosure VOL.....RIP HARAMBE

"According to police reports, the father has a lengthy criminal history spanning years with charges including burglary, firearms offences, drug trafficking, criminal trespass and kidnap."

Maybe the dude turned his life around but having at least 5 kids is not a good look when you have to fix your own life, I'm sure the parenting received isn't exceptional.

What's that gotta do w the child though?

weve become more willing to help an animal than help a human being.
NT extremes
laugh.gif

So if the kid dies while the gorilla is 'protecting' him and we get video of a Silverback Gorilla killing a child as he dragged him through the water then what? Or what if he gets violent. Mind you this is all on video. Then what?

So if the kid fell on his head on his fall down? What then? You gonna shoot the concrete?
If shooting the concrete prevents the kid sustaining an injury, yes.

You can't oversimplify the situation that way.

she almost lost her child. as a parent you should feel for that. whether or not its her fault, she almost lost her child.
Due to her negligence. even if you take the gorilla out of the situation it still falls on her negligence. Some people do care about her and what her child was put in but people aren't excusing the fact that a life was ultimately taken because of her negligence to watch her kid

Let's take our kids to see an animal that I have no understanding of. He has the strength of 6-10 grown men. Let me take my eyes off my kid.... I'm near a cliff but he'll be ight

mean.gif

I guess I fail at comprehending what negligence is. 

Zoo's best start having babysitter packages for these dummys. 

Last edited:
If shooting the concrete prevents the kid sustaining an injury, yes.

You can't oversimplify the situation that way.

thats what ur doing talking bout team gorilla lmao
I still don't see a situation where a child is in mortal danger (it's a fact whether you think the gorilla was just protecting the boy or not) and I don't take action in that way.

I can't justify a captive gorilla's life being put above a human life.

I'm not getting into Hitler and George Zimmerman hypotheticals because it doesn't apply in that pressure packed situation.

I'd think the zoo's staff were prepared for a situation like this, and this is what they decided to do. the Zoo who has the most to lose in this case. Why question that?

Last edited:
If the kid isn't being raised properly, it can explain why he was able to get into a gorilla den

Is there empirical evidence to this? I ask because in a marriage and family therapist with a background in early development and attachment

Is there empirical evidence to this? I ask because in a marriage and family therapist with a background in early development and attachment

I'm not a therapist but I'd be willing to say that a child's behaviors are directly related to the parental atmosphere surrounding them

the boy crawled through the railing and fell into the moat just before 4 p.m. Saturday.
So being raised properly would ensure kids to turn off their curiosity and behave like a good ol 3 year old and not go wandering away. Got it!

Last edited:
The bottom line is its just a bad situation all around that should and could have been avoided

If that was your child that fell into the pit (regardless if it was due to negligence or not) none of you would be complaining about how the zoo handled the situation.

Sucks that the gorilla was killed but it is what it is.

Ahhhh now they pull out the parents criminal history. Was he robbing the zoo while his son was climbing in? I don't get how that's relevant here

Everyone is at fault though. The parents for neglecting even for a split second, and also the zoo for not securing. I have no problem killing that Gorilla though. At least now he's free. RIP

What's that gotta do w the child though?
it's because he's black. The news always looks into criminal history or if a black child has a father. I don't want to hear any, "not about race" comments either. Racial undertones are definitely present

Last edited:
it's because he's black. The news always looks into criminal history or if a black child has a father. I don't want to hear any, "not about race" comments either.

Ahh makes sense. I was scratching my head trying to figure out why a father's criminal history would have anything remotely related to a child's behavior

I'm not a therapist but I'd be willing to say that a child's behaviors are directly related to the parental atmosphere surrounding them

Environment plays a HUGE role in shaping children.

If that was your child that fell into the pit (regardless if it was due to negligence or not) none of you would be complaining about how the zoo handled the situation.

Sucks that the gorilla was killed but it is what it is.

Haven't gone through the whole thread, but has anyone in here blamed the zoo for using lethal force? I haven't seen it...

Last edited:
Ahhhh now they pull out the parents criminal history. Was he robbing the zoo while his son was climbing in? I don't get how that's relevant here
I saw his criminal history being disclosed in an article too. Unbelievable. Dude wasn't even present and they wanna sling dirt on his name because of a 1998 burglary and some parking tickets. He must have been heated when he saw that
roll.gif

SMH.

Blows my mind. Y'all are cool wth caging them up in our neighborhoods, but as soon as a gorilla acts like a gorilla and we need to act everyone is shocked.

It's a gorilla. We placed it in an unnatural environment. This is he type of stuff that comes with caging giant animals for our amusement.
REAL TALK

Back
Top Bottom