Gorilla shot after 4yr old falls in enclosure VOL.....RIP HARAMBE

Hell she prolly wont go to a zoo.

What does any reasonable adult do after they make a mistake? They learn from it and adjust, no?

Why cant you afford this woman an opportunity to learn from this?? I really want to know that, like why do you think she is incapable of using better judgement after a traumatic event involving her child?

That's been my point from the early pages. Why would you go to an animal prison without knowing the risks? Why would you not supervise one of your children near a cliff with a 400lb gorilla at the bottom? We have to stop treating these animal prisons like their playgrounds. This animal didn't even escape.....

every adult at the pool is negligent because they were too slow when the kid bolted for the pool?

How bout an even easier example. Your walking with your kid down a street. Your kid runs into traffic. Truck can't stop in time, runs over him. Who's fault?

telling one kid to stand still while you secure one kid in a stroller, is equal to thinking a zoo is a playground? That doesnt seem kind of like a leap to you?

like there are just two absolutes here? No grey area?

your other example, kids out of no where run up on a side walk, one bumps one pedestrian, who ends up bumping into you while you are walking your child. Next thing you know, your child is in traffic. Your negligent cuz you werent watching your kid close enough and should have saw the kids playing in the street and anticipated that they would run quickly into the sidewalk?

Will the gorilla come back from death if the mother is held responsible for her negligence?

Timid knows nothing of hunting. Hunting is actually the most natural and humane action any human can do. Much better to kill the animal quickly then have it farm raised and go through a slaughterhouse.
People are so disconnected from what they consume and pay no respect to the animal.
I know a couple vegans. They all vegans 90% of the time. :lol:
Veganism isn't sustainable but godspeed with that. :wink:
Hunting is a coward sport. Let's hide in a tree and shoot a defenseless animal with a high-powered gun so I can feel like a tough guy. Go paintballing if you like to shoot living things..

I bet if that was a full size adult in that cage the gorilla would have felt threatened and probably attacked. 

Hunting is a coward sport. Let's hide in a tree and shoot a defenseless animal with a high-powered gun so I can feel like a tough guy. Go paintballing if you like to shoot living things..

I mean you used to hit the bottle to escape your problems. You need to stop being so judgmental

This is def a complex situation like most things in life. At the end of the day, we should all be happy that the 4 year old wasn't seriously injured, and we all hope that the mother won't allow a similar event to occur in the future.

This is def a complex situation like most things in life. At the end of the day, we should all be happy that the 4 year old wasn't seriously injured, and we all hope that the mother won't allow a similar event to occur in the future.

I can't lie I don't give 2 ***** about that kid

I am curious why some people feel the mother should be off the hook from any sort of punishment strictly because this was an accident.  I am not even going to get into whether or not she was negligent.

If two parents have a 16 year old kid who crashes his car into public property, that family would have to pay for damages regardless of whether it was an accident or not.

If two parents have an 8 year old kid who throws a baseball through their neighbor's window, that family would have to pay for damages regardless of whether it was an accident or not.

If two parents have a 4 year old kid who knocks over a sculpture at an art museum, that family would have to pay for damages regardless of whether it was an accident or not.

I think a lot of you guys are completely missing the point when others claim that the parents (mother) of this child should be held accountable and liable for the damages the zoo receive and the loss of life of one of its gorillas.  Just because something was an accident or there wasnt negligence, does NOT mean that there shouldnt be a level of accountability for said accident.

Man i'm not against hunting, but saying it's one of the most natural and humane things you can do is just ******* goofy. Ya'll can do better.

I am curious why some people feel the mother should be off the hook from any sort of punishment strictly because this was an accident.  I am not even going to get into whether or not she was negligent.

If two parents have a 16 year old kid who crashes his car into public property, that family would have to pay for damages regardless of whether it was an accident or not.

If two parents have an 8 year old kid who throws a baseball through their neighbor's window, that family would have to pay for damages regardless of whether it was an accident or not.

If two parents have a 4 year old kid who knocks over a sculpture at an art museum, that family would have to pay for damages regardless of whether it was an accident or not.

I think a lot of you guys are completely missing the point when others claim that the parents (mother) of this child should be held accountable and liable for the damages the zoo receive and the loss of life of one of its gorillas.  Just because something was an accident or there wasnt negligence, does NOT mean that there shouldnt be a level of accountability for said accident.
Apples and oranges. In this case, I don't think the parent should be held liable. The zoo obviously wasn't fool-proof, so they'll have to make changes so this won't happen again.

You have a very generic understanding of hunting, I see. It's not to feel tough. It's to better know where your food is coming from. I don't hunt just to kill something. It's also not a high powered gun in the jungle. :lol:
I hunt deer with a bow. It takes great skill to humanely kill the animal and is a humbling experience. But if you wanna take it as me trying to be some tough guy. Go head. You seem to be pretty set in your aways. Which is a shame considering life is about evolving and fluidity

This guy gets it

It's a topic I've heavily researched. We wouldn't be what we are without the consumption of meat. Since the dawn of time, We've ate meat. On a vegan diet, you will need supplements, such as vitamin D3. Ge your levels checked by bloodwork.
You simply cannot get the same amino acid profile you do on a vegan diet. I tried it because I do have a sympathy for animals. Especially when it comes to farming them in these gross conditions. It's simply not sustainable. Our bodies weren't made for it. You will feel like crap in the gym. There's a reason cows have four stomachs on a diet of grains and grass..Been following a strict ketogenic diet. Feels amazing. It's a secret I hope gets out but we'll see.

Man i'm not against hunting, but saying it's one of the most natural and humane things you can do is just ******* goofy. Ya'll can do better

Do you eat meat?
So, what's better. Being an average being who picks up some tortured, hormone injected, grain fed meat at the market? Or getting the meat yourself?

Putting scopes on AR's and shooting stationary animals ain't natural

Do you know anything of human history? Anything at all? Did you know humans come from nature? Did you know they hunted as long as they've been around? Did you know animals hunt other animals for food? Let's not talk on things we know nothing of, sweety. Time to put our critical thinking caps on and put our ignorance to the side.

and we all hope that the mother won't allow a similar event to occur in the future.

Lets hope and pray god watches her kids better.

Last edited:

Apples and oranges. In this case, I don't think the parent should be held liable. The zoo obviously wasn't fool-proof, so they'll have to make changes so this won't happen again.
Zoo was "fool-proof" enough to not have anything like this happen in 4 decades.  

Just because my examples are not the exact same as what happened in this case doesnt make them invalid examples.  My point remains.  Just because something was an accident, doesnt mean that someone should not be held responsible/liable for said accident.

Back
Top Bottom