Got jury duty tomorrow. What to expect?

Got called for jury duty for the first time tomorrow. Anyone ever had to do this? I have no clue what to expect.

Got called for jury duty for the first time tomorrow. Anyone ever had to do this? I have no clue what to expect.

sit around, get asked basic questions like if you have any biases, wait to see if you are picked then go from there.

sit around, get asked basic questions like if you have any biases, wait to see if you are picked then go from there.

You just got called? And already the next day? No mails or any prior notices?

It ain't that bad, they'll be a lot of people, a lot of females! So just find a cutie and sit with her, and the day will go by quick.

It ain't that bad, they'll be a lot of people, a lot of females! So just find a cutie and sit with her, and the day will go by quick.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Well I didnt get an actual call but a letter in the mail last week saying I gotta be there at 8 am tomorrow

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Well I didnt get an actual call but a letter in the mail last week saying I gotta be there at 8 am tomorrow

I just got my second notice. I got one last summer and ignored it, laid real low cuz I thought I had a warrant
laugh.gif

Dunno if I'm gonna go to this second one, I might cuz I have nothing to do.

I just got my second notice. I got one last summer and ignored it, laid real low cuz I thought I had a warrant
laugh.gif

Dunno if I'm gonna go to this second one, I might cuz I have nothing to do.

I have to go June 23rd. I've never been before, not looking forward to it. Hopefully my case is dismissed or I can get out of having to be chosen.

I have to go June 23rd. I've never been before, not looking forward to it. Hopefully my case is dismissed or I can get out of having to be chosen.

Originally Posted by oidreez

this. 

i sat there for most of the work day. 

bring a book.

Originally Posted by oidreez

this. 

i sat there for most of the work day. 

bring a book.

I got called and with my luck got called for a case. I was picked to be a juror and i was heated. Case only took a week but it was the dumbest case on earth and completely pointless. Waste of my time. Hopefully you don't get picked.

I got called and with my luck got called for a case. I was picked to be a juror and i was heated. Case only took a week but it was the dumbest case on earth and completely pointless. Waste of my time. Hopefully you don't get picked.

bring a book or your laptop.  You'll be sitting around for at least an hour or two before they actually tell you whether they will pick your group or not.

bring a book or your laptop.  You'll be sitting around for at least an hour or two before they actually tell you whether they will pick your group or not.

I got called for Federal jury duty last week. They don't make you come in every day. I got dismissed and I haven't had to come in since.

I serve for 2 weeks, if they don't call, I don't have to go in.

I got called for Federal jury duty last week. They don't make you come in every day. I got dismissed and I haven't had to come in since.

I serve for 2 weeks, if they don't call, I don't have to go in.

You'll probably be sitting around for a while, so be prepared to be bored. If you want to be dismissed, make it seem like you live at church, or have racial tendencies. That's what the dismissed jurors did when I had duty. Hopefully you don't end up putting a man in jail for the rest of his life, like I did. You get paid though.

You'll probably be sitting around for a while, so be prepared to be bored. If you want to be dismissed, make it seem like you live at church, or have racial tendencies. That's what the dismissed jurors did when I had duty. Hopefully you don't end up putting a man in jail for the rest of his life, like I did. You get paid though.

Trial or Grand ? I got picked for grand, its a mandatory 10 days and its the mostboring experience of my life. The reason I bought angry birds.

Back
Top Bottom