GOT KIDS? STAY MARRIED

If you arent happy in a marriage should you stick it out for your family?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Love (in the form we can currently express as human beings) is selflessly giving of yourself for the betterment of someone else unconditionally.
If they love you back or not, or without expecting anything in return.

Example: A good mother loves her children and wants them to flourish. I have a good mother. She always wanted what was best for me. Doesn't mean she let me take advantage of her. Doesn't mean never got upset with me. It means she is always willing to do what it takes for my fulfillment/ happiness/ success. Weather I reciprocated her love or not, or pushed her way, or disappointed her. Her love is always constant. Always a giver of her time, energy, organ, whatever.

In marraige, the dynamic is different and its much more difficult to continue this trend even if you start out with this ideal because of selfishness.
We want to be pleased instead of the pleaser. When you become used to your spouse, we stop doing the things you used to. Before you said you would do anything
for them but it turns into, what have you dont for me lately. We look outward at what we dont like as much instead of looking inward at what we can give/do to the love we
have inside. What was once pure becomes tainted and you just rall into the routine and accept that this is what marraige is.

so much I can add on the subject but im tired.

Quality post

Love (in the form we can currently express as human beings) is selflessly giving of yourself for the betterment of someone else unconditionally.

Example: A good mother loves her children and wants them to flourish. I have a good mother. She always wanted what was best for me. Doesn't mean she let me take advantage of her. Doesn't mean never got upset with me. It means she is always willing to do what it takes for my fulfillment/ happiness/ success. Weather I reciprocated her love or not, or pushed her way, or disappointed her. Her love is always constant. Always a giver of her time, energy, organ, whatever.

In marraige, the dynamic is different and its much more difficult to continue this trend even if you start out with this ideal because of selfishness.
We want to be pleased instead of the pleaser. When you become used to your spouse, we stop doing the things you used to. Before you said you would do anything
for them but it turns into, what have you dont for me lately. We look outward at what we dont like as much instead of looking inward at what we can give/do to show and magnify the love we
have inside. What was once pure becomes tainted and you just fall into the routine and accept that this is what marraige is.

for them but it turns into, what have you dont for me lately. We look outward at what we dont like as much instead of looking inward at what we can give/do to show and magnify the love we
have inside. What was once pure becomes tainted and you just fall into the routine and accept that this is what marraige is.

Very good post repped

Yall are giving the marriage stigma too much credit. In theory yes people should take it seriously for religious and deep personal reasons but the truth is the majority don't. It's just a check off the life list and a reason to make a day all for themselves.

Last edited:
Yall are giving the marriage stigma too much credit. In theory yes oeooke should take it seriously for religious and deep personal reasons but the truth is the majority don't. It's just a check off the life list and a reason to make a day all for themselves.
U married???

I been unhappy in my marriage for 3 yrs, and just now going through my divorce after 9 yrs of marriage . Sucks for my son, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna be unhappy for another 11 yrs. don't want my son seeing both of us unhappy and seeing us argue.

I been unhappy in my marriage for 3 yrs, and just now going through my divorce after 9 yrs of marriage . Sucks for my son, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna be unhappy for another 11 yrs. don't want my son seeing both of us unhappy and seeing us argue.

So what happened? If you don't mind

Damn how long have y'all been together including before the marriage
And what happened to cause u to want to get a divorce if u don't mind me asking
7 year relationship with my girl
2 kids
She gets on my nerves sometimes and I get on hers but we both make each other happy..........I think

I think it depends on the kid. I knew my parents weren't together for a long time. Never really affected me at all.

On the topic of marriages not lasting, people just don't take the time to get to know each other. Just because you get along now don't mean it'll remain that way. I think people should at least live together for like 2 - 3 years before even thinking of marriage.

Last edited:
Damn how long have y'all been together including before the marriage
And what happened to cause u to want to get a divorce if u don't mind me asking
7 year relationship with my girl
2 kids
She gets on my nerves sometimes and I get on hers but we both make each other happy..........I think

Been together for 11 years married 9, honestly just fell out of love with each other, Military life played apart of it too also, being away from my family a lot of the times and avoiding temptation, but in all we both just wanted to do our own thing, we love each other but not in love with each other, atleast not like we used to when we was young. So we decided why stay unhappy with each other and drag this out just for the sake of our son. There was a point when after we separated I wanted to get back with my ex, then that's when I made the post Would you let your significant other go to the movies with the opposite sex. Seeing that was not a wise decision for me to make try and get back with my ex, (honestly I think she was jealous of my best friend cause she is very gorgeous) I don't regret it.

Back
Top Bottom