Government Shutdown 2013-2014 My Civil Servant Brethern...what you think

The Republican Party is grandstanding and these latest actions will come back and haunt them.  As if losing the past 2 presidential elections wasn't bad enough, it appears the Republican Party wants to lose even more of their declining fanbase. 

:lol: them boys aint budging.

The part that you don't get is there are more than likely enough votes in the House to do it right now. The second they shut down the gov the pressure increases. All it takes is a handful of republicans in the House to publicly call for them to end the fiasco. It has already started. Every logical politician knows this.

And dont by the negotiation hype. The Dems already conceded on the dollar amount of the funding bill. Right not the House Republicans are basically trying to extort the administration.

The messed up pat is the insurance exchanges open tomorrow regardless of this fiasco. What the GOP knows is that once people begin to sign up there is no tuning back. They also know that once it goes into effect the wont be able to continue to tell lies and half truths about the law. Ex. People with existing coverage will realize that nothing is going to change on their behalf.

this is just da appetizer though...da debit limit (da US borrowing MORE money it doesn't have) is REAL main event.

So you concede that this is all pointless and just grandstanding.

As far as the debt limit goes. Republicans have more to loose in that fight. That is something that has NEVER been negotiated. The House GOP strategy is to threaten to wreck the country if they dont get their way.

this is just da appetizer though...da debit limit (da US borrowing MORE money it doesn't have) is REAL main event.
So you concede that this is all pointless and just grandstanding.

As far as the debt limit goes. Republicans have more to loose in that fight. That is something that has NEVER been negotiated. The House GOP strategy is to threaten to wreck the country if they dont get their way.
no its not "just grandstanding" because those congress members were voted in in 2010 to stop obamacare...and da MAJORITY of americans

aint messing with that law.

debt limit is da power of congress because they hold da power of da purse.

obama gonna HAVE to negociate da demands of congress (they got list...) or else its gonna be a LONG month for ya public sector employees.

no its not "just grandstanding" because those congress members were voted in in 2010 to stop obamacare...and da MAJORITY of americans

Once again you are wrong. Although the republicans control the House (due to gerrymandering) there where actually more votes cast for the Dem representatives.

Try again.

True, but everyone here at my agency is saying we may not get back paid this time....I dunno though I just started at FDA a couple months ago, Guess I'm just lucky this could happen AFTER my rent was due. Barely have had enough time to build up a solid emergency fund smh. Still though, this whole situation is ridiculous. I'll honestly be pissed if they shut down for a couple days and magically then they can find some agreement, like you guys really couldn't have hammered this out before Tuesday?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
The messed up part is everybody knows how this will end. THE HOUSE IS GOING TO PASS A CLEAN FUNDING BILL
laugh.gif
them boys aint budging.
Just want to make sure I have you quoted as saying this for if and when your boys do budge champ.  Sure hope your prepared. 

The Republican Party is grandstanding and these latest actions will come back and haunt them.  As if losing the past 2 presidential elections wasn't bad enough, it appears the Republican Party wants to lose even more of their declining fanbase. 

Once again you are wrong. Although the republicans control the House (due to gerrymandering) there where actually more votes cast for the Dem representatives.

Try again.
ummm so da greatest lost of democratic seats in one election cycle in HISTORY was da result of gerrymandering? and not because of a foiled attempt

at cap and trade and da passage of obamacare? oh ok.....
laugh.gif

obama gonna HAVE to negociate da demands of congress (they got list...) or else its gonna be a LONG month for ya public sector employees.

Once again the part you dont get is you cant negotiate when the other side knows they have the votes. If we allowed an up and down vote in the both the house and senate on funding the gov and a separate vote on repealing the Affordable Healthcare Act. The funding bill would pass both chambers. The repeal can not pass the Senate. That is how our government works. What the House is trying to do is basically hold the country hostage to force concessions.

The only reason they have resorted to this tactic is because every other tactic they have tried has failed.

Try again.
ummm so da greatest lost of democratic seats in one election cycle in HISTORY was da result of gerrymandering? and not because of a foiled attempt

laugh.gif
In the 2012 presidential election, President Obama was for Obamacare while your boy Mitt Romney was against Obamacare and wanted to repeal it.  Mitt Romney lost the 2012 presidential election..........and rightly so.  With that being said, now's the time for the Republican party to get over themselves, get out of the way, and realize how and why they lost, and mostly likely will continue to lose in the future with these kind of tactics.  I suggest you get with the program ninjahood. 

Who are the people most hurt by Obamacare? I honestly don't see the big deal unless you are one of the people who gets cut down to part-time in a cost-cutting measure.

Small businesses? Who?

Try again.

laugh.gif
In the 2012 presidential election, President Obama was for Obamacare while your boy Mitt Romney was against Obamacare and wanted to repeal it.  Mitt Romney lost the 2012 presidential election..........and rightly so.  With that being said, now's the time for the Republican party to get over themselves, get out of the way, and realize how and why they lost, and mostly likely will continue to lose in the future with these kind of tactics.  I suggest you get with the program ninjahood. 
last time i check, da president was just ONE branch of government, so "getting out da way" doesn't fall in line with da seperation

of power...time for you to freshen up your civics class.

democrats ain't looking too good for da 2014 midterm elections either ( da GOP just need 6 seats to reclaim da senate

and with Obama acting like he's in a monarchy wit da EPA with coal states it looks like those senators are out da door) ...good look on that 
laugh.gif

obama da lame duck here we come.

Last edited:
One more time muchacho, we had a NATIONAL presidential election in 2012.  President Obama, the man that helped create "Obamacare" won.  While the guy that wanted to repeal "Obamacare" Mitt Romney (your boy), and Washington Heights favorite lost, and lost badly.  Meaning the majority of Americans are in favor of President Obama as "Obamacare" was at the forefront of the 2012 presidential election.  To put this in hip hop terms champ, it's time for you and Republican Party to get down or lay down.  ONE or the other my friend. 

Last edited:

One more time muchacho, we had a NATIONAL presidential election in 2012.  President Obama, the man that helped create "Obamacare" won.  While the guy that wanted to repeal "Obamacare" Mitt Romney (your boy), and Washington Heights favorite lost, and lost badly.  Meaning the majority of Americans are in favor of President Obama as "Obamacare" was at the forefront of the 2012 presidential election.  To put this in hip hop terms champ, it's time for you and Republican Party to get down or lay down.  ONE or the other my friend. 
and? being da presidential office is ONE BRANCH OF GOVERNMENT there are 3

if obama needs to get along with congress, he can't act like a king, those congressman were VOTED IN JUST LIKE DA PRESIDENT

to represent their constituents.

if obama and da democrats wants to stop government because he doesn't wanna give a waiver to da people WHEN HE'S ALREADY GAVE WAIVERS

TO CORPORATIONS AND SPECIAL GROUPS then they can swallow goverment shutting down.

by da way, go look at da polls and see how badly obamacare is doing at da polls.

its a train wreck.

Did you not see me highlight the word "NATIONAL" in my statement champ??  Yes, there are 3 branches of government, but of those 3 branches of government only 1 is represented and voted on in a NATIONAL election.  Meaning including all or representing the votes of the entire country. 
by da way, go look at da polls and see how badly obamacare is doing at da polls.

its a train wreck.
We'll do that at a later date and time champ.  For now, let's just enjoy the next 3 years of President Obama being President of the United States.  Since that is what the MAJORITY of the country wanted anyway
wink.gif
.  Like I said earlier muchaho............get down or lay down. 

That damn law is causing more problem than its worth. America didn't want it. America still doesn't want it. Let the POS die. :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
That damn law is causing more problem than its worth. America didn't want it. America still doesn't want it. Let the POS die. :smh: :smh:

But why?

I guess il go check the thread we have on it. But personally....how does this effect me? More of my paycheck is taken to help those that can't get health care? I'm fine with that....and pass me with but people take advantage of the system...they always will....but those that need health care for real are more then grateful for a public option.

Did you not see me highlight the word "NATIONAL" in my statement champ??  Yes, there are 3 branches of government, but of those 3 branches of government only 1 is represented and voted on in a NATIONAL election.  Meaning including all or representing the votes of the entire country. 
if your implication that somehow da "national election" is less important then da non presidential elections is then why obama can't get **** done...?

laugh.gif
oh ok...

obama only controls da executive branch, if he doesn't at least delay his bill THAT ALREADY HAS WAIVERS to other folks then government is

shutting down, and with good reason.

its a bad law and needs to be delayed at MINIMUM....
[h1]Poll: Obamacare remains highly unpopular as implementation looms[/h1]
By Mark Murray, Senior Political Editor, NBC News

A large number of Americans continue to adamantly oppose the nation’s new health-care law and believe it will produce damaging results, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll. 

Forty-four percent of respondents call the health-care law a bad idea, while 31 percent believe it's a good idea -- virtually unchanged from July's NBC/WSJ survey.

By a 45 percent to 23 percent margin, Americans say it will have a negative impact on the country's health-care system rather than a positive one. 

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/...highly-unpopular-as-implementation-looms?lite

But why?

I guess il go check the thread we have on it. But personally....how does this effect me? More of my paycheck is taken to help those that can't get health care? I'm fine with that....and pass me with but people take advantage of the system...they always will....but those that need health care for real are more then grateful for a public option.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the American ppl already foot the bill for the uninsured anyways because they go to hospitals and end up with bills they can't pay?

I read somewhere it's around 50 billion in unpaid hospitals bills by the uninsured every yrear, I feel like people who are aganist ObamaCare have overlooked this.

Well there is no public option which is why so many people on the left don't want it. An people on the right don't want it because it gives the government too much power over people's lives. Obama said if you already had health insurance then the law would not effect you. Bold face lie. Studies have shown that people's healthcare premiums might go up...**** that.

There is now a penalty if you decide you don't want health insurance. So as a healthy 23 year old man if I say I want to save more money I just won't get health insurance...the government has taken that choice away from me.

So because of that dumb *** law I now have less freedom and might be losing more money...just so more Americans get have healthcare. Call me selfish but **** is hard out here and I DESERVE to keep MY money.

Back
Top Bottom