GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

Welp, I just found out like an hour ago that I got into UPenn for a Masters program. Pretty excited.

I'm not going to know from other schools until next month or March.

Most of the schools I applied to are in the East Coast. That would be a big jump for me. I'm from Oakland and went to Berkeley. The thought of leaving is scary and exciting. Just picking up and leaving... :smh: The closes school I applied to is USC, after that it's either Pennsylvania or North Carolina. Truth be told, I'm just scared.

// End Mini-Vent

Just in the process of applying to Grad school after two years in the Advertising industry.

Looking to get into a School for Design.

SCAD for Service Design and

Parsons for Strategic Design and Management.

Anyone doing something similar? Business-Design hybrids?

Will be checking this soon for advice on scholarships. Wish me luck fam.

Last edited:
Graduating this semester with a bachelors in Molecular and Cellular Biology from the University of Arizona. As of now a masters in the field seems pointless, but I may come back in a couple years and do a MBA in finance or accounting

I'm still aways off from graduate school but Monday i'm starting classes again for the first time in almost 3 years (took a couple years off as a Mormon missionary) but i transferred from a community college to BYU. To be honest i'm a bit sketched cuz i know the expectation level is higher, more competitive, etc.

Any advice? Has anyone else gone the CC route and went on to a university? I never got my AA but alot of my credits transferred.

^^^^^^^^ I did the JUCO route right after HS. I'll be honest and say that if I didn't tear my ACL/MCL before the start of my SR yr in HS I'd prolly went low D-1 or D-2. Basically I busted my butt with the grades at my JUCO and graduated with a 3.1 within 2 years. Got my AA, when I transferred to a small private D-2 in WV, they only took 45 of my 65 credits from my CC because it didn't fit the Liberal learning outcome BS.

Basically I had to stay an extra semester to graduate from my D-2 because of that. It saved my family A TON of money. The school gave my academic money and a partial Bball scholly.

The CC route is the way to go if you want to save money for real

^^^^^^^^ I did the JUCO route right after HS. I'll be honest and say that if I didn't tear my ACL/MCL before the start of my SR yr in HS I'd prolly went low D-1 or D-2. Basically I busted my butt with the grades at my JUCO and graduated with a 3.1 within 2 years. Got my AA, when I transferred to a small private D-2 in WV, they only took 45 of my 65 credits from my CC because it didn't fit the Liberal learning outcome BS.

Basically I had to stay an extra semester to graduate from my D-2 because of that. It saved my family A TON of money. The school gave my academic money and a partial Bball scholly.

The CC route is the way to go if you want to save money for real
similar stories w/ out the injury..

i'll mix you on the court brah... 24 ppg my senior year... before conference and they started giving me the Rajon Rondo treatment... :lol:

but the CC route is dope. in graduate school, i find myself thinking "do i belong here? am i smart enough"?

but i read an article that says a lot of people have this feeling.. juco or not.

Last edited:
Anyone have advice on MBA part time programs in the Bay Area?? I'm looking at UC Davis part time program since it is close to my work. Also heard good things about St. Mary's program.

Wondering if anyone has taken courses at a CC to transfer for some of the credits?? Any help is appreciated.

I am doing my Master's of Accountancy right now through Golden Gate University. Expensive, but worth it in the long run as a springing board for my career. I'm 27, so I am ready to find a job that I can grow with.

@ricky409

What grad school you in?? Man having that injury after the great spring/summer I had playing AAU Bball, I was on the ultimate high.... But that injury brought me back down to earth quick but also it made me realize that a verbal commitment don't mean nothing.

I just got hired here in Nashville, TN I found out that they will pay for you to go to Grad school so that may be a route ill take after I get used to Nashville. Being a Cleveland, OH guy

just got outta my class...

advance topics in financial management, and financial markets...

this semester gonna be a BEAST... along w/ working damb near 60 hours?

my social life is not ready.

@ricky409

What grad school you in?? Man having that injury after the great spring/summer I had playing AAU Bball, I was on the ultimate high.... But that injury brought me back down to earth quick but also it made me realize that a verbal commitment don't mean nothing.

I just got hired here in Nashville, TN I found out that they will pay for you to go to Grad school so that may be a route ill take after I get used to Nashville. Being a Cleveland, OH guy
university of north texas, bruh...

right north of dallas... takes about 35 min from dallas to get there..

the yambs are :pimp: outchea... :pimp:

Every dude who goes back to school has this in the back of their mind

Last edited:
Second semester...taking 9 hrs and I work full time. 

I'm focused...
pimp.gif

In my program the yambs have not been acquired...prb will never smash any of em.

Last edited:
I graduated with a Bachelor in Accounting and a BBA in Finance. I'm doing my second semester of a master in Accounting at the University of Texas.

I feel you bro.... Hopefully the yambs here in Nashville is decent.

How is the program at North Texas going for you??

Welp, I just found out like an hour ago that I got into UPenn for a Masters program. Pretty excited.

I'm not going to know from other schools until next month or March.

Most of the schools I applied to are in the East Coast. That would be a big jump for me. I'm from Oakland and went to Berkeley. The thought of leaving is scary and exciting. Just picking up and leaving... :smh: The closes school I applied to is USC, after that it's either Pennsylvania or North Carolina. Truth be told, I'm just scared.

// End Mini-Vent

:smokin which school at UPenn?

Most likely Wharton, since he applied to USC and UNC as well.

That's what I figured.

The lack of love I've been getting from the companies I've applied to so far for after graduation has me kind of regretting not taking the GMAT. I'm REALLY regretting not taking out the loans and going to one of the better schools I had gotten into for undergrad. My dream would be to get one of the Real Estate Investment/Development Analyst positions I've applied for and after a couple of years have them pay for either an MS in Real Estate Finance (NYU, Rice, etc.) or an MBA. :rolleyes Keeping my fingers crossed.

third semester in Masters for Administration, and Kinesiology......I get financial aid (loans) that I have to pay back, but right now I like receiving, lol.

so i got this "internship" in dowtown dallas...

for a credit agency. i'm basically answering calls and swinging them to loan officers...

i already know its gonna be a gang of hoodie rat yambs in there... :pimp: x :x

but i'm really hoping i lock down this internship with an investment and real estate firm.. got an internview tomorrow...

Second Full Semester starting on Wednesday... And like last semester.. 0 Motivation.. But I'll just power through it.

Back
Top Bottom