Gran Torino Appreciation vol. "Get off My Lawn"

i tohught this movie was pure comedy. its nice to know how to trash my asian friends now

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Hope you are not serious. Movie sucked with terrible acting and predictable plot.

Most movies that come out these days have predictable plots. You can walk into any movie, and unless the movie has an anti-climax, you know the ending. What was the last movie you watched that kept you guessing the entire time? I can't really think of one.

Inglourious Basterds Law Abiding Citizen Saw VI all those came out in the past couple of months and none had predictable endings...you're just watching$+@+#+ movies

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

thought the asian girl was hot

the type of girl you can take home to your mom
pimp.gif

It was terrible acting, but the message or w/e was aiight.

What if this was switched around and those Asians were switched with Blacks? Would this movie ever had gone through?
Just a thought.

i usually dont reply to these appreciation threads.. but this movie is too dope.

@*!% is definately appreciated.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

*pulls up beside kid* "what the hell are you spooks up to?"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
and him calling the white kid a $+@% ....but yea, that movie was pretty horrible...i still don't get why some dude would %*$* with his own cousins like that
Ironically the actor he said it to is his son
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

It was terrible acting, but the message or w/e was aiight.

What if this was switched around and those Asians were switched with Blacks? Would this movie ever had gone through?
Just a thought.

It would not have worked that way.

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Hope you are not serious. Movie sucked with terrible acting and predictable plot.

Most movies that come out these days have predictable plots. You can walk into any movie, and unless the movie has an anti-climax, you know the ending. What was the last movie you watched that kept you guessing the entire time? I can't really think of one.
District 9. Also most movies that are predictable and god awful don't get the same praise as Gran Torino. Take away Clint Eastwood and no onewould have looked twice at the preview.

Law Abiding Citizen was really good but I figured out the entire movie half way in. I still enjoyed it though, but can't say the same for Gran Torino.

great movie, great plot, nice women
pimp.gif
...geographically incorrect. noasians live in highland park.
no gangsta asians live in metro-detroit
smh.gif
, and highland park only has 2 policecars.
charlevoix is on the eastside of detroit, highland park is more south at least 5 or 6miles away.

--Good movie. Neither overrated or underated IMO.
--The symbolism of the car is always overlooked.

one of the best films i seen in the past year and I now have new found attraction to Korean women

Good movie.

Caught it on cable a few nights ago. Didn't feel the need to see it in theaters.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by nine point five

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Terrible and VASTLY overrated movie...I don't see what the hype was about.

cannot emphasize this point enough. literally THE most overhyped movie I've ever watched. bar none.
I take it you haven't watched Slumdog Millionaire.
Word; I rented it on "on Demand" and stopped watching it after 15 mins

Gran Torino was okay in my book
pimp.gif

Its a great story....on so many levels....the symbolism of the car, the man who fights for his neighborhood, the disconnected citizen, the problem with todaysmisguided youth, the difference between modern values and classic values.....amazing movie.....

not to mention my family grew up in the neighborhood it was filmed in....

decnt movie. More funny then anything. Especially when he was at the Asian party at the house.

Back
Top Bottom