Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

remember to send me back my red fgt tap 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ Yo we need to do a proper NT race sometime.
I'm down. How would we go about organizing it?
Hmmm... good question.  I don't do a lot of online racing, so I don't know about the specifics... but normally, the one with the best internet connection should be the host, right?  Well that's not me then.  
Some basic parameters would be the track and the cars/HP.  

Nothing too complicated, so we can accommodate different players... but something like the High Speed Ring or the Grand Valley Speedway for starters.  Nice, wide tracks.

Then there are the cars... or I guess keeping the HP capped, so it keeps it level.  Or we can do a 1-make race.

5 laps or so?  I can do more laps, but not everyone would be interested in doing so.

Driving aids.  This is tricky, because I'd prefer no aids (except for 1 ABS), but since some folks are using the gamepad, letting them use aids might even it out for those using the wheel.  

And the bottomline... keep it clean.  None of that bumpercar nonsense.  Purposely taking your opponents off the track ain't cool.

Who's up for it?

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ Yo we need to do a proper NT race sometime.
I'm down. How would we go about organizing it?
Hmmm... good question.  I don't do a lot of online racing, so I don't know about the specifics... but normally, the one with the best internet connection should be the host, right?  Well that's not me then.  
Some basic parameters would be the track and the cars/HP.  

Nothing too complicated, so we can accommodate different players... but something like the High Speed Ring or the Grand Valley Speedway for starters.  Nice, wide tracks.

Then there are the cars... or I guess keeping the HP capped, so it keeps it level.  Or we can do a 1-make race.

5 laps or so?  I can do more laps, but not everyone would be interested in doing so.

Driving aids.  This is tricky, because I'd prefer no aids (except for 1 ABS), but since some folks are using the gamepad, letting them use aids might even it out for those using the wheel.  

And the bottomline... keep it clean.  None of that bumpercar nonsense.  Purposely taking your opponents off the track ain't cool.

Who's up for it?

Me, too. Sounds really fun, and it'd be nice to actually race with the guys we talk about the game with.

I'm leaving the house soon, so I won't be on till later, but when I'm back I'll throw up a post and see who's around.

Me, too. Sounds really fun, and it'd be nice to actually race with the guys we talk about the game with.

I'm leaving the house soon, so I won't be on till later, but when I'm back I'll throw up a post and see who's around.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by I3

Been gone for 10 days on vacation. Stayed at friends house for a few days, played a TON of GT5. We had 3 seperate systems going.
Got the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel for Christmas.... very hard to get used to.

I am having a ton of trouble at the moment. Seem to be at an impasse.

GT All Stars and the Histroics Classic seem to be near impossible... The Chapparl 2J kills me everytime in the historic, while I can't find a car good enough to compete in the All-Star.

Any tips?

GT All Stars = ZR1 race modded + soft tires + 242mph gear ratio + maximum downforce front and rear
Anyone beat the Mercedes Level 18 Special Events? - My goodness I got 2 gold so far....
Thanks. 
pimp.gif

I used the ZR1 to win Like The Wind, then got the Minolta, which let me win the GT All Star without a problem.

Only two I am having problems with are Historic (can't seem to win with the Contach) and the Nascar (I just hate Nascar, period. 
laugh.gif
)

I just hit level 22, so I think I can clear out a few more events.... going to start saving for the Formula GT.

If anyone would be able to let me borrow a 2J that would be awesome. I think it will be the only car I am able to beat the Historic with.... that or wait until I get the '66 Jag as a prize in Endurance.

How did you win the second race of Like The Wind?

I cant get in the top pack of racers - ive set my ratios to the longest possible and still get beat!!?

Veyron + soft tires?

Originally Posted by I3

Been gone for 10 days on vacation. Stayed at friends house for a few days, played a TON of GT5. We had 3 seperate systems going.
Got the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel for Christmas.... very hard to get used to.

I am having a ton of trouble at the moment. Seem to be at an impasse.

GT All Stars and the Histroics Classic seem to be near impossible... The Chapparl 2J kills me everytime in the historic, while I can't find a car good enough to compete in the All-Star.

Any tips?

GT All Stars = ZR1 race modded + soft tires + 242mph gear ratio + maximum downforce front and rear
Anyone beat the Mercedes Level 18 Special Events? - My goodness I got 2 gold so far....
Thanks. 
pimp.gif

I used the ZR1 to win Like The Wind, then got the Minolta, which let me win the GT All Star without a problem.

Only two I am having problems with are Historic (can't seem to win with the Contach) and the Nascar (I just hate Nascar, period. 
laugh.gif
)

I just hit level 22, so I think I can clear out a few more events.... going to start saving for the Formula GT.

If anyone would be able to let me borrow a 2J that would be awesome. I think it will be the only car I am able to beat the Historic with.... that or wait until I get the '66 Jag as a prize in Endurance.

How did you win the second race of Like The Wind?

I cant get in the top pack of racers - ive set my ratios to the longest possible and still get beat!!?

Veyron + soft tires?

this sebastian loeb challenge #*%# is f'n rediculous
sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif

i used to love the rally sections in the old games but now its hard i hate it
frown.gif
laugh.gif

this sebastian loeb challenge #*%# is f'n rediculous
sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif

i used to love the rally sections in the old games but now its hard i hate it
frown.gif