Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by osubass1

Anyone beat the Daytona race in the NASCAR series? +%@% is beyond frustrating.

I was getting spun out and could hardly complete 3 laps. Then I learned the secret: turn off ABS. Once you do that, you'll easily get in the lead, then you can just block to the end. I easily won the road races and the Indy race, but was having a really hard time, until I turned off ABS.
I have no problem getting the lead. Maintaining it is the issue. I've never made it past the 6th lap because I get spun out. It's infuriating.
mad.gif

which view are you using?

here's what i did: i took the low side around the corners. the computer cars won't draft you around the bottom of the track.

i use the front bumper cam for this race because it has a huge rear view mirror. when you get on the straights, drive more to the middle of the track and watch the rear view.
as soon as they start drafting you, get in front of them, and they'll bump you and make you go about 10mph than you were. just gotta keep doing it all the way around.

watch the rear view. as soon as they start coming up on you, block.

don't worry so much about the guys on the far outside, they'll never pass you since you're on the low side of the track.

I was getting spun out and could hardly complete 3 laps. Then I learned the secret: turn off ABS. Once you do that, you'll easily get in the lead, then you can just block to the end. I easily won the road races and the Indy race, but was having a really hard time, until I turned off ABS.
I have no problem getting the lead. Maintaining it is the issue. I've never made it past the 6th lap because I get spun out. It's infuriating.
mad.gif

here's what i did: i took the low side around the corners. the computer cars won't draft you around the bottom of the track.

i use the front bumper cam for this race because it has a huge rear view mirror. when you get on the straights, drive more to the middle of the track and watch the rear view.
as soon as they start drafting you, get in front of them, and they'll bump you and make you go about 10mph than you were. just gotta keep doing it all the way around.

don't worry so much about the guys on the far outside, they'll never pass you since you're on the low side of the track.

Just got done with the 24 Hour Le Mans endurance race on B-Spec.

I used one of my S.Vittel X2010's and won easily. The car has permanent damage though since it has gone from originally having 1556 HP and now is down to 1549 HP even after a oil change & dropping 500K credits on a engine overhaul. It's all good though I still have my never used yet 2nd S.Vittel X2010 that I got for reaching level 35 on B-Spec.

Oh yeah the prize you get for winning the 24 Hour Le Mans is the Toyota GT-One Race Car.

Just got done with the 24 Hour Le Mans endurance race on B-Spec.

I used one of my S.Vittel X2010's and won easily. The car has permanent damage though since it has gone from originally having 1556 HP and now is down to 1549 HP even after a oil change & dropping 500K credits on a engine overhaul. It's all good though I still have my never used yet 2nd S.Vittel X2010 that I got for reaching level 35 on B-Spec.

Oh yeah the prize you get for winning the 24 Hour Le Mans is the Toyota GT-One Race Car.

Im on level 33 on both. was too lazy to complete the vettel challenge. ill wait to level 35 to get it. that car is too damn fast tho

Im on level 33 on both. was too lazy to complete the vettel challenge. ill wait to level 35 to get it. that car is too damn fast tho

How is everyone doing on the Seasonal Events? Is anyone even doing the Seasonal Events?

How is everyone doing on the Seasonal Events? Is anyone even doing the Seasonal Events?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

absolutely terrible.

i think i was 29,000th on one of them.

absolutely terrible.

I'm finished all of the bonus races I believe. Last time I checked, in GT Academy I got like 10,000th but I only did a couple laps, I can't stand the stock 370Z.

I'm finished all of the bonus races I believe. Last time I checked, in GT Academy I got like 10,000th but I only did a couple laps, I can't stand the stock 370Z.

That All Stars Championship was quite hard. It ended in draw with me and R92CP both in 395 points.

That All Stars Championship was quite hard. It ended in draw with me and R92CP both in 395 points.

mad.gif

I use the bumper view also. Thanks for the tips, I'll put them to use later.

mad.gif

I use the bumper view also. Thanks for the tips, I'll put them to use later.

absolutely terrible.

I didn't bother doing the time trials and the drift trials... I'm just not good enough... 
laugh.gif

I meant the Seasonal Event races actually.  Those are tough though.

finnns2003 wrote:

Well done.  Gold all of them?  
RX-7 @ Tsukuba is kickin my *+**.

absolutely terrible.

I didn't bother doing the time trials and the drift trials... I'm just not good enough... 
laugh.gif

I meant the Seasonal Event races actually.  Those are tough though.

finnns2003 wrote:

Well done.  Gold all of them?  
RX-7 @ Tsukuba is kickin my *+**.

^ 1st set end on the 6th so hurry up and gold them (even if it means using the skid-recovery). 2nd set ends on the 16th or so (I think).

^ 1st set end on the 6th so hurry up and gold them (even if it means using the skid-recovery). 2nd set ends on the 16th or so (I think).

Back
Top Bottom