Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Graphics are better but Forza still has better gameplay so far IMO
The graphics should be better since the game just released today and Forza released last October.. But graphics aren't everything. I guess I won't be coppin that PS3 for GT5 then seeing as it has been a major disappoint.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Graphics are better but Forza still has better gameplay so far IMO
The graphics should be better since the game just released today and Forza released last October.. But graphics aren't everything. I guess I won't be coppin that PS3 for GT5 then seeing as it has been a major disappoint.

Originally Posted by Hollywood James 6

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by sole vintage

IGN gave it a 8.5

most reviews are 8 or 9 with the lowest being 7. turn10 must be laughing their @+!!+ off 
IGN
laugh.gif

The best review is yourself. I haven't been to IGN in almost 2 years, much less take there reviews into account for any games. 
The best review is yourself = Game is garbage.
You garbage?
Sorry, I forgot there wasn't a reading comprehension requirement for NT.

It means if aren't listening to people who are paid to review games, the game is usually garbage. And from seeing the scores, it looks like it's underwhelming from the praise we've been hearing so long.

We'll see the meta reviews when the rest of the reviews come out, but I think it's safe to say Forza is king. And the playstation dudes know this now that they have their "king" in hand but are too proud to admit it.
Well they also say men lie, women lie and garbage don't?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by sole vintage

IGN gave it a 8.5

most reviews are 8 or 9 with the lowest being 7. turn10 must be laughing their @+!!+ off 
IGN
laugh.gif

The best review is yourself. I haven't been to IGN in almost 2 years, much less take there reviews into account for any games. 
The best review is yourself = Game is garbage.
You garbage?
Sorry, I forgot there wasn't a reading comprehension requirement for NT.

It means if aren't listening to people who are paid to review games, the game is usually garbage. And from seeing the scores, it looks like it's underwhelming from the praise we've been hearing so long.

We'll see the meta reviews when the rest of the reviews come out, but I think it's safe to say Forza is king. And the playstation dudes know this now that they have their "king" in hand but are too proud to admit it.
Well they also say men lie, women lie and garbage don't?
laugh.gif

Wow, I was really looking forward to this, after playing it at my boys... Trash. All the cars I was looking forward to driving (older JDM cars) like the 180sx, etc, are like transfered over from GT4... poop
The smoke in the game when drifting is awesome though... 
ohwell.gif

Wow, I was really looking forward to this, after playing it at my boys... Trash. All the cars I was looking forward to driving (older JDM cars) like the 180sx, etc, are like transfered over from GT4... poop
The smoke in the game when drifting is awesome though... 
ohwell.gif

played it for about an hr today. older car models do seem to suck. im rocking the 88 silvia and it doesnt look that great.
not really happy about not being able to customize it either.
car feels good tho. im just glad the cars take corners pretty decent.

not sure im liking the control layout either and im too lazy to customize every button in the main menu.

load times are trash considering that there is a mean install from the jump.

gonna keep playing it tho as i know car damage/better customization is introduced in higher end cars.

played it for about an hr today. older car models do seem to suck. im rocking the 88 silvia and it doesnt look that great.
not really happy about not being able to customize it either.
car feels good tho. im just glad the cars take corners pretty decent.

not sure im liking the control layout either and im too lazy to customize every button in the main menu.

load times are trash considering that there is a mean install from the jump.

gonna keep playing it tho as i know car damage/better customization is introduced in higher end cars.

The game still keeps on installing after the 8gb install. After that load times are quicker.

The game still keeps on installing after the 8gb install. After that load times are quicker.

The cockpit view is crazy good
pimp.gif
eek.gif
. As for the 80% of cars that don't have it, I use the hood view because the normal view in this game is horrible oh goodness
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
. No sense of speed whatsoever
30t6p3b.gif
, and the car doesn't look like it shifts properly. Like, the car's body doesn't move in a realistic way when corners are took or just when you go from left to right quickly. It almost looks like the car is gliding
30t6p3b.gif

Also, the damage is very very very bad. Not just the damage but the physics. Like the way the cars bounce off of each other is awful. Cars do not react to collisions in a realistic way at all
laugh.gif
. Oh, and the sound isn't very good. I just heard the Nascars and it was awful
laugh.gif
. And the cars sound the same for the most part.

So far I'd give it a 8/10. I actually really like it. The things that work well work WELL,...but there is a lot of silly stuff going on also. I'm still gonna put 75+ hours into it tho
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

The cockpit view is crazy good
pimp.gif
eek.gif
. As for the 80% of cars that don't have it, I use the hood view because the normal view in this game is horrible oh goodness
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
. No sense of speed whatsoever
30t6p3b.gif
, and the car doesn't look like it shifts properly. Like, the car's body doesn't move in a realistic way when corners are took or just when you go from left to right quickly. It almost looks like the car is gliding
30t6p3b.gif

Also, the damage is very very very bad. Not just the damage but the physics. Like the way the cars bounce off of each other is awful. Cars do not react to collisions in a realistic way at all
laugh.gif
. Oh, and the sound isn't very good. I just heard the Nascars and it was awful
laugh.gif
. And the cars sound the same for the most part.

So far I'd give it a 8/10. I actually really like it. The things that work well work WELL,...but there is a lot of silly stuff going on also. I'm still gonna put 75+ hours into it tho
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Damage appears at the highler levels. Once your car gets damaged you pay to repair it so that s probably why there's hardly any at the beggining of the game.

Damage appears at the highler levels. Once your car gets damaged you pay to repair it so that s probably why there's hardly any at the beggining of the game.

ddouble wrote:

Can't wait.

ddouble wrote:

Can't wait.

The *%$%... It said it would take 20 minutes to install, but it took more like 45 minutes; the damn counter was stuck at "50 seconds left" for over 10 minites. Now that I'm done installing, I'm stuck at this screen with just the GT5 logo. Did this game freeze or what? $#!*# been on for 5 minutes, and I've reset it twice already. Should I just wait it out? Maybe it is still loading? Why isnt there some kind of spinning/loading indicator? I can still access the ps3 middle button though (XMB??)??? The hell is going on?

The *%$%... It said it would take 20 minutes to install, but it took more like 45 minutes; the damn counter was stuck at "50 seconds left" for over 10 minites. Now that I'm done installing, I'm stuck at this screen with just the GT5 logo. Did this game freeze or what? $#!*# been on for 5 minutes, and I've reset it twice already. Should I just wait it out? Maybe it is still loading? Why isnt there some kind of spinning/loading indicator? I can still access the ps3 middle button though (XMB??)??? The hell is going on?

Back
Top Bottom