Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by gil23

i dont give a *+!% if they give this game a 5/10 or a 10/10. I waited on this game for too long and i will always be loyal to Gran Turismo because of all the great memories dating back to 1997.

Just my  $.02
wink.gif

STARTED with an ek type r
smokin.gif
Word, loyalist of a series, especially as great as Gran Turismo is don't care about reviews. After 5 years I give a %@@% about a IGN, Gamespot or whoever reviews the game, I just want to play it. I'm gonna pick up my copy in a few hours.

I have bought every game, except the first on the day it came out, but this one is the one that has disappointed me the most.  I went and bought it at midnight without looking at any review, but I can levy criticism against what I consider to be my favorite game series without blinders.  This game spent 6 YEARS in development and its not leaps and bounds better than GT4.  If they support it it can definitely become a great game, but there are so many disappointments. The damage is non existent, 4/5 of the cars don't have interior views, the voice syncing on the Jeff Gordon/Sebastien Loeb bits are just awful.  I'll hold out hope for GT6 if they get it out in a couple years.

I'll go on to add that the car list is lackluster at best, way too many Japanese cars. Don't get me wrong, I understand they are Japanese and what have you, but the car list is overwhelmingly Japanese.

i dont give a *+!% if they give this game a 5/10 or a 10/10. I waited on this game for too long and i will always be loyal to Gran Turismo because of all the great memories dating back to 1997.

Just my  $.02
wink.gif

smokin.gif
Word, loyalist of a series, especially as great as Gran Turismo is don't care about reviews. After 5 years I give a %@@% about a IGN, Gamespot or whoever reviews the game, I just want to play it. I'm gonna pick up my copy in a few hours.

I have bought every game, except the first on the day it came out, but this one is the one that has disappointed me the most.  I went and bought it at midnight without looking at any review, but I can levy criticism against what I consider to be my favorite game series without blinders.  This game spent 6 YEARS in development and its not leaps and bounds better than GT4.  If they support it it can definitely become a great game, but there are so many disappointments. The damage is non existent, 4/5 of the cars don't have interior views, the voice syncing on the Jeff Gordon/Sebastien Loeb bits are just awful.  I'll hold out hope for GT6 if they get it out in a couple years.

I'll go on to add that the car list is lackluster at best, way too many Japanese cars. Don't get me wrong, I understand they are Japanese and what have you, but the car list is overwhelmingly Japanese.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

Just my  $.02
wink.gif

smokin.gif

Many people lack this.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

Just my  $.02
wink.gif

smokin.gif

Many people lack this.

You guys, the Toyota MR2 Spyder is the best car to begin with. I beat sunday cup and world compact series easy. And by lengths too!

You guys, the Toyota MR2 Spyder is the best car to begin with. I beat sunday cup and world compact series easy. And by lengths too!

Just copped my copy before going to work. About to leave the office soon to play. Half quarter days FTW. 
pimp.gif

Just copped my copy before going to work. About to leave the office soon to play. Half quarter days FTW. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sole vintage

IGN gave it a 8.5

most reviews are 8 or 9 with the lowest being 7. turn10 must be laughing their @+!!+ off 
IGN
laugh.gif

The best review is yourself. I haven't been to IGN in almost 2 years, much less take there reviews into account for any games. 
The best review is yourself = Game is garbage.

IGN gave it a 8.5

most reviews are 8 or 9 with the lowest being 7. turn10 must be laughing their @+!!+ off 
IGN
laugh.gif

The best review is yourself. I haven't been to IGN in almost 2 years, much less take there reviews into account for any games. 

Originally Posted by Hollywood James 6

IGN gave it a 8.5

IGN
laugh.gif

You garbage?

IGN gave it a 8.5

IGN
laugh.gif

You garbage?

Relax. There is always room for improvements trough patches..... yall can't deny that we were spoiled cause these series was always ahead of its time... suck it up, now that that time has caught up....

Relax. There is always room for improvements trough patches..... yall can't deny that we were spoiled cause these series was always ahead of its time... suck it up, now that that time has caught up....

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

IGN gave it a 8.5

IGN
laugh.gif

You garbage?
Sorry, I forgot there wasn't a reading comprehension requirement for NT.

It means if aren't listening to people who are paid to review games, the game is usually garbage. And from seeing the scores, it looks like it's underwhelming from the praise we've been hearing so long.

We'll see the meta reviews when the rest of the reviews come out, but I think it's safe to say Forza is king. And the playstation dudes know this now that they have their "king" in hand but are too proud to admit it.

Back
Top Bottom