Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

I got it at the Euro PS Store, but it should be available on the US one within the day.

Still a few pix. shadows, but it's better than GT5.  Still, it's not something to really look into cuz it's still a beta.  

The handling of the cars feel different, but it's subtle.  If anything, I felt the stock 350Z roll a bit more in the corners.  Hard to explain, but will need more time with it.

It's called gt academy 2013 in the store. Gotta search for it on the US store.

Don't start! 
mean.gif

laugh.gif

Think I'm gonna pass and hold out hope for a PS4 version or wait till GT 7. We'll see.

I was going to wait as well but the special edition comes with a new updated Apex book.
It's too good to pass up even though come launch I might not even play it :lol:

^ The Apex book is really nice. Too bad I don't have a console anymore (not planning on getting a new one, either). Definitely good material to read. Helped my understanding of car behaviour, for sure.

Spending my time on Project CARS for the PC (also on PS3 and/or PS4). Have to buy myself a new motherboard and CPU first, though, since my friend bought off my old rig from me. :lol: Hopefully it gives Gran Turismo and Forza a run for their money.

I got gold in all the events but the lap is killing me.
Any little off and your lap time is invalidated.

Have any of you guys posted a lap time yet?

I got golds on all but the lap too.

I went wide just a tad and they invalidated me too. I kept running and clocked a lap time that was just between gold and silver. Need to get my act together and get a clean lap in... to at least get the silver.

But overall, I'm enjoying this demo.  Def. feels different from GT5.  

Last edited:
Looks like a really good time trial track.

I know someone is going to try and drive the Red Bull X1 round there.

Looks like a really good time trial track.

I know someone is going to try and drive the Red Bull X1 round there.

Hell, if I had the chance, I would. :lol:

Goodwood :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Gran Turismo always gets the good licenses (save for Porsche :smh: ). :smokin

^ But Forza 5 did get McLaren for their launch at E3.  Dunno if it's exclusive though.

I don't think McLaren will be XBOX-exclusive, though. GT5 already had it. A few PC sim titles have McLaren vehicles in their lineup as well.

Hope Pike's Peak makes a comeback.

Yea I doubt it will be exclusive.

IIRC they worked with Mclaren for the physics engine in Forza 4 so the relationship just carried on from there.

The two producers involved, Mike De Luca and David Brunetti, have only just started work on their current high-profile project, the movie adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey, which has just received a confirmed release date of August 1, 2014.

Assuming production on Fifty Shades takes up most of their time through that date, it would be unlikely to see Gran Turismo hit the big screen until 2015 – a potential date which could tie in nicely with the series’ debut on the PlayStation 4 console.

So is GT6 gonna have better customization?
Like wider tires, better rims, engine swaps, more body mods? Thats the only thing that is missing from Gran Turismo..
I hope they have more prem. cars too, too many dope standard cars on GT5

Back
Top Bottom