Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

Do anyone use the ps3 accessory steering wheel and pedal with this game>?
Yes, imo its not worth playing without.  If you want to play a racing game with a controller, get Forza, Gran Turismo basically requires a racing wheel.
You might be a Gooners fan, but this is something we can agree on. 
wink.gif

I've never played Forza (don't even have an X-Box), but for GT I think the wheel makes a night-&-day difference in the game.  I was a gamepad user for GT1-GT5P, but with Poly's new physics engine, the wheel is the way to go.  I use a DFGT.

If you're independently wealthy, you might want to consider the ThustMaster T500.  $500 for just the wheel and pedals.  H-shifter sold separately.  

Iceman ~ you can try this... though I don't know what the shipping will be since they're based in Asia (HK/Taiwan)

http://www.apiga.com.hk/en/ap1.html

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Yes, imo its not worth playing without.  If you want to play a racing game with a controller, get Forza, Gran Turismo basically requires a racing wheel.
wink.gif

I've never played Forza (don't even have an X-Box), but for GT I think the wheel makes a night-&-day difference in the game.  I was a gamepad user for GT1-GT5P, but with Poly's new physics engine, the wheel is the way to go.  I use a DFGT.

If you're independently wealthy, you might want to consider the ThustMaster T500.  $500 for just the wheel and pedals.  H-shifter sold separately.  

Iceman ~ you can try this... though I don't know what the shipping will be since they're based in Asia (HK/Taiwan)

I'm simply stating that because of the controller. The Xbox controller has much better triggers which allow you to more easily controller the power and the pressure on the brakes.  I played a bit with the Dualshock3 and you either have to choose using the stick and not being able to be on the gas and brake simultaneously or using the trash triggers which are difficult to keep held down.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

wink.gif

I'm simply stating that because of the controller. The Xbox controller has much better triggers which allow you to more easily controller the power and the pressure on the brakes.  I played a bit with the Dualshock3 and you either have to choose using the stick and not being able to be on the gas and brake simultaneously or using the trash triggers which are difficult to keep held down.

Originally Posted by Hoosier Bad Boy 11

What does the down arrow mean on your driver status ?
I think it has something to do with his mood. Is anyone having any luck drifting with a dualshock?
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Hoosier Bad Boy 11

What does the down arrow mean on your driver status ?
I think it has something to do with his mood. Is anyone having any luck drifting with a dualshock?
mad.gif

Drifting is real easy on the controller; I find it very hard to drift, even just drive regularly, with a wheel. I guess I wasn't built for a wheel, it's fun, but I can't win races with a wheel.

To drift, turn off TCS and all other aids, ABS 1 is fine, and throw some COMFORT HARDS on.
pimp.gif

Drifting is real easy on the controller; I find it very hard to drift, even just drive regularly, with a wheel. I guess I wasn't built for a wheel, it's fun, but I can't win races with a wheel.

To drift, turn off TCS and all other aids, ABS 1 is fine, and throw some COMFORT HARDS on.
pimp.gif

You guys must suck if you can't play this game with a controller. It's easy as pie. I do prefer a wheel, though. That new thrustmaster has my name on it...

You guys must suck if you can't play this game with a controller. It's easy as pie. I do prefer a wheel, though. That new thrustmaster has my name on it...

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
seriously! Tryina sound all sophistocated n stuff.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
seriously! Tryina sound all sophistocated n stuff.
laugh.gif

Drifting is pretty easy. It depends on the car and the tires you use.I'm using DS3 btw.

My favorite car to drift in at the moment.
2m3sewl.jpg

Drifting is pretty easy. It depends on the car and the tires you use.I'm using DS3 btw.

My favorite car to drift in at the moment.
2m3sewl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom