Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

I am sorry bros. MrJ, Boost, Finnz, Sinner, I got nothing but love
pimp.gif
<3
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

Hey Finns does your Evo drive just like in real life? My favorite car in GT5 is a Mini Cooper S 07 and it drives exactly how I would irl.
Very similar, engine sound isn't quite right but I would expect that. I definitely see the in-game mods affecting the EVO the same way they affect my car, quick response and more up-top

Sinner, thanks for the review.
pimp.gif

Hoosier, go play your x-berx and stop trollin'

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

Hey Finns does your Evo drive just like in real life? My favorite car in GT5 is a Mini Cooper S 07 and it drives exactly how I would irl.
Very similar, engine sound isn't quite right but I would expect that. I definitely see the in-game mods affecting the EVO the same way they affect my car, quick response and more up-top

Sinner, thanks for the review.
pimp.gif

Hoosier, go play your x-berx and stop trollin'

Oh I'm trolling because I have an opinion that differs from yours? GT5 is almost like Madden, except we had to wait 6 years for it. It added very little to me to add replay value of any kind. The online play is an afterthought, and in this day, that's not acceptable for a AAA title. If you don't at least have a DFGT I feel bad for you. The PS3 controller is so dated. GT5 is a better sim than Forza, but Forza is a better game. I've said since before GT5 came out that I wish Turn 10 designed the interface and gameplay options on Polyphony's engine.

To me, the fun in racing is competing against human opponents and that's where GT5 falls on its face. Now I will grant that I have not played it in several months, perhaps things have changed. If I want to jump in and play, I'll play Forza. If I want serious competition and to get out my wheel setup, I'll play iRacing.

The worst thing that ever happened was Sony forcing them to ship GT2 for the holiday season. It came out December 23rd, and it was so bug-ridden they offered to replace the original copies. Now they refuse to let anything go out the door without being perfect when let's be honest, it doesn't matter anymore.

Oh I'm trolling because I have an opinion that differs from yours? GT5 is almost like Madden, except we had to wait 6 years for it. It added very little to me to add replay value of any kind. The online play is an afterthought, and in this day, that's not acceptable for a AAA title. If you don't at least have a DFGT I feel bad for you. The PS3 controller is so dated. GT5 is a better sim than Forza, but Forza is a better game. I've said since before GT5 came out that I wish Turn 10 designed the interface and gameplay options on Polyphony's engine.

To me, the fun in racing is competing against human opponents and that's where GT5 falls on its face. Now I will grant that I have not played it in several months, perhaps things have changed. If I want to jump in and play, I'll play Forza. If I want serious competition and to get out my wheel setup, I'll play iRacing.

The worst thing that ever happened was Sony forcing them to ship GT2 for the holiday season. It came out December 23rd, and it was so bug-ridden they offered to replace the original copies. Now they refuse to let anything go out the door without being perfect when let's be honest, it doesn't matter anymore.

Originally Posted by hoosiergunner

That's all fine and dandy, but you're sort of offering a matter-of-fact tone on a subjective matter. I and plenty of people have fun racing friends and the unknown out there. I'm not going to fall in line with my fellow GTP members and say it's perfect, but it's a great game and more DLC will make it even better. 2.0 made it better. It works, it works well. The seasonal events are getting stale so that's where DLC hopefully fixes this. Not saying Forza is a bad game but the devil's advocates and Kaz stalkers say outlandish things in frustration and it gets old.

The fact you haven't played in months without the 2.0 update, new features, and DLC makes your viewpoints somewhat void.

Originally Posted by hoosiergunner

That's all fine and dandy, but you're sort of offering a matter-of-fact tone on a subjective matter. I and plenty of people have fun racing friends and the unknown out there. I'm not going to fall in line with my fellow GTP members and say it's perfect, but it's a great game and more DLC will make it even better. 2.0 made it better. It works, it works well. The seasonal events are getting stale so that's where DLC hopefully fixes this. Not saying Forza is a bad game but the devil's advocates and Kaz stalkers say outlandish things in frustration and it gets old.

The fact you haven't played in months without the 2.0 update, new features, and DLC makes your viewpoints somewhat void.

It can wait. Picking up a $20 PSN card for the DLC when I cop my PS3 and PC copies of Battlefield 3 on the 25th. One less trip to the store.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

It can wait. Picking up a $20 PSN card for the DLC when I cop my PS3 and PC copies of Battlefield 3 on the 25th. One less trip to the store.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Yeah, saw the US delay... Thank goodness I don't live in the US...

I can do an online SPA run for you guys to demo... we can setup a time.

Yeah, saw the US delay... Thank goodness I don't live in the US...

I can do an online SPA run for you guys to demo... we can setup a time.

That's right! I have access to the HK store via my HK PSN Account... we do have HK$ PSN cards over here.
laugh.gif

That's right! I have access to the HK store via my HK PSN Account... we do have HK$ PSN cards over here.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom