Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by derrty6232

I'm sick of my b-spec driver... I start him off on the first sunday cup race and I give him a 400hp car to race against 150hp cars, he spins out all the damn time and he loses... I give him a FF 190hp car, he still spins out and loses...

When your driver is hot, he is much more likely to spin out

best way to do it is to start of the race telling your driver to overtake/pace up until he is in first place, at this point tell them to pace down once and then just watch the race.

Spec B does not get hard until expert races

I don't even tell him to pace up or overtake because I know he'll spin out; I usually tell him to pace down actually.

Maybe it's just the first race on that small $$! track, I forget the name, and there are too many tight turns. I guess I'll settle for an 8th place on that race and come back to it later when my driver levels up more.

I don't even tell him to pace up or overtake because I know he'll spin out; I usually tell him to pace down actually.

Maybe it's just the first race on that small $$! track, I forget the name, and there are too many tight turns. I guess I'll settle for an 8th place on that race and come back to it later when my driver levels up more.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

a consolation prize?
I won it for winning the Vitz challenge. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I3

Anyone else focused more on the special events/license test than the actual game itself?

I havent really begun racing yet, am just stocking up on cash, getting my level ups.

Getting golds on license/special events is hard... too bad they influence the prize you get at the end.

I also noticed that for some events gold is 31,000CR but I was silver and recieved 38,000CR??
yeah same thing i'm doing, getting gold for the license tests first, right now i got 42 gold trophys, but you're not lying, some are extremely hard, i spent like 5 hrs trying(
eek.gif
), till i finally got gold on ic-10 lol. so far that was the hardest test.   

Originally Posted by I3

Anyone else focused more on the special events/license test than the actual game itself?

I havent really begun racing yet, am just stocking up on cash, getting my level ups.

Getting golds on license/special events is hard... too bad they influence the prize you get at the end.

I also noticed that for some events gold is 31,000CR but I was silver and recieved 38,000CR??
yeah same thing i'm doing, getting gold for the license tests first, right now i got 42 gold trophys, but you're not lying, some are extremely hard, i spent like 5 hrs trying(
eek.gif
), till i finally got gold on ic-10 lol. so far that was the hardest test.   

5 hours 
eek.gif
and i was getting mad with the gt championship so i just gave up 
laugh.gif
... i did get gold on two of the races 
grin.gif

5 hours 
eek.gif
and i was getting mad with the gt championship so i just gave up 
laugh.gif
... i did get gold on two of the races 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Why, when you or are awarded a vehicle, does it come in the form of a ticket before you redeem it? Any particular reason?

Just to make it more "official"
laugh.gif

Starting to get better at this, but I'm definitely still learning...can't beat that Top Gear event with the buses yet
30t6p3b.gif
, and I mostly only have bronzes on the licenses, even though I haven't played those in a bit.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Why, when you or are awarded a vehicle, does it come in the form of a ticket before you redeem it? Any particular reason?

Just to make it more "official"
laugh.gif

Starting to get better at this, but I'm definitely still learning...can't beat that Top Gear event with the buses yet
30t6p3b.gif
, and I mostly only have bronzes on the licenses, even though I haven't played those in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom