GREAT life lesson.

smile.gif
. that was nice

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Reminds me of the poem about the "dash."

isnt that about life?
like the dash (the life) or somethin lke that? i remember a classmate talkin bout it.

I saw a short vid similar to this on my (humanities) class i think...but this time it was a rich lady at a NYC train station.
she got a salad.
she left he salad at a table with her shopping bags to get a fork
she came back, she noticed a black man (he looked like a bum) sitting down and eating her salad (this was done in the 60's and it was in black andwhite...so racism was still a big thing)
she was scared and didnt want to say anything, but she sat across him anyways and poked at the salad that the man was eating.
Black guy, gets up and gets 2 cups of coffee. one for him and one for the lady.
after the the salad and coffee was finished, the lady gets up to catch her train.
being in hurry she left her shopping bags at the table. she ran in hurry thinking that the black guy will steal her stuff
she got back and saw that her bags were gone.
with frustration she decides to order another cup of coffee.
as she was walking to the cashier...she noticed an empty table with a plate of salad and her shopping bags on the seat.

she was eating the black mans salad the whole time....and he even bought her coffee.

best vid ive seen in class.

pimp.gif

let me see if I can find the vid.

Edit: i just got lucky posted the story

And here's another one for those who like life lessons...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When things in your lives seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 cups of coffee.

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and emptymayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golfballs. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full.The students responded with an unanimous "yes."

The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between thesand. The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life.

The golf balls are the important things--your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions--and if everything else was lost andonly they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car.

The sand is everything else---the small stuff. If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golfballs.

The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out to dinner.Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first--the things that really matter. Set yourpriorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you thatno matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."

/thread jack

Originally Posted by duckdafraft

Originally Posted by kicksNbeats

Great post, NT could use more of these everyday.

this helped me out today...

I'm going to let this instance of grave digging slide and suggest that you use a blog next time.

Has this "lesson" helped anyone else?

I thought it would, but the renewed sense of self discipline I felt was gone after five minutes.

Back
Top Bottom