Green Day or RHCP... Vol. Greatest band of our generation?

Whos the greatest rock band of our generation? (18-28 years old)

I roll with GD... although its hard to argue against the Chili Peppers

i love green day and rhcp

but to me personally i think the greatest band of the 90s/18-25 generation has to be nirvana

so many great songs like rape me, all apologies, come as you are, smells like teen spirit, you know your right, polly, etc

and they really paved the way for guys like the chilis imo

i'm a fan of both but i beg to differ.

between the two, i'd roll with RHCP. i haven't really liked anything Green Day has done since Insomniac. that and the fact that Anthony Kiedis is likemy pops age and is still banging 19 year old supermodels...

[h3][/h3]
Green Day or RHCP... Vol. Greatest band of our generation
indifferent.gif

id put Oasis, Nirvana and Radiohead above them..but those are just my favs...i remember buying the cassette ,
laugh.gif
, for Dookie and playing it all the time...RHCP is greatly appreciated too

is that even a comparison as far as overall skillset RHCP >>>>>> greenday and i'm a huge gd fan btw
... but as far as the last decade or so i'd have to say RHCP, RATM, Radiohead and gun'n'roses are all mushed together in a league of their own withNirvana getting an honorable mention for basically changing the mainstream in the early nineties. imo even though greenday plays a different style theywouldn't be as popular today if it wasn't for Nirvana and part of my opinion is based on song structure

Well both of these bands suck so I don't know.

If you said The Smashing Pumpkins or Radiohead instead I would've said Smashing Pumpkins and kept it moving.

Wow, Green Day. C'mon.

laugh.gif
at the question.
Out of the 2 I'd roll with RHCP just because they're one of my fav. bands, but I don't think their the best of our generation

Green Day is a good band but this greatest band of our generation talk is completely nonsensical in my opinion. I suppose if one were so inclined they couldconjure up an argument that they are.

I really dont even have a favorite band at all... I was just talkin to the homies about what band is the greatest/most popular band of our generation.

They all were sayin RHCP... anyways ya'll stonefacin for askin a question.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

RHCP's album filler songs are better than anything GREEN DAY will EVER put out IMO. They cant hold there jock.

[h3][/h3]
Green Day or RHCP... Vol. Greatest band of our generation?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@ people saying Green Day sucks...*#+* your opinion...Green day >>>>>> yours & your fathers favorite band
Pearl Jam>>>>>>>>>>>Green Day
Nirvana>>>>Green Day
Smashing Pumpkins>>>Green Day
Radiohead>>>Green Day

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

RHCP's album filler songs are better than anything GREEN DAY will EVER put out IMO. They cant hold there jock.

QFT and I like Greenday.

Back
Top Bottom