Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you gonna point out the concords without asking the dude to show you the bottom of the shoe? SJ are easy at this point.... blue tint, vs clear. 

Doesn't really matter at this point arguing over if SJ are authentic, unauthorized.... bottom line is if you glance over at some dude at the mall would u say its legit? Without a question! 

I bet everyone nowadays who see somebody with concords, or SJ think its fake anyways, unless you dress like a hypebeast people will be like cool its probably legit...

If i glance over n see blue tinted soles on space jams,

Im laughing inside

And they aint identical. U have said before

The soles and PL cut are different
but they use ACTUAL carbon and have 100% identical materials from retail pairs.

patent leather cuts vary from sneaker to sneaker. from era to era (2000, 2001, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)

icy tinted blue soles came from 2010 and above

da fact that these have icy blue soles merely shows they were made recently, NOT that they're fake..

do da math fellas, jordans dont magically fall under some kind of catagory that they can't be made by

factories at will like other nikes (air force I's dunks, etc)

da difference is these are grey markets they weren't authorized to be made, doesn't mean they're aren't from da

same place where they were CONTRACTED to be made when they WERE authorized..

this "well they too icy" critique is bull ****, cuz once these yellow with wear, what else do you do have? i was at

da jordan brand legit section and someone have a JACKED pair of retail space jams, what, you're gonna call his fake

cuz da patent leather got "typical" JB quality control over it?
laugh.gif
foolish.

Unless they tinted the soles with Seaglow/BRITE dye...

did that with my '01 pair a while back and definitely made a difference!

Doesn't really matter at this point arguing over if SJ are authentic, unauthorized.... bottom line is if you glance over at some dude at the mall would u say its legit? Without a question! 

I bet everyone nowadays who see somebody with concords, or SJ think its fake anyways, unless you dress like a hypebeast people will be like cool its probably legit...

If i glance over n see blue tinted soles on space jams,

Im laughing inside
horrible way to tell, tint goes away like it did in 2009, then what? they both got carbon fiber and 100% accurate materials...you

would sound like a hater to everyone else, especially since currently ALL clear sole jordans now use da same blue tinted soles

you depending on to authenticate space jams...

my question is how does that work with cool greys and concords which COME with blue tinted soles and black and reds

which are tinted red..you ARE aware that ALL 4 colors are now being made thru grey market right?

horrible way to tell, tint goes away like it did in 2009, then what? they both got carbon fiber and 100% accurate materials...you

would sound like a hater to everyone else, especially since currently ALL clear sole jordans now use da same blue tinted soles

my question is how does that work with cool greys and concords which COME with blue tinted soles and black and reds

which are tinted red..you ARE aware that ALL 4 colors are now being made thru grey market right?

Yeah. An those blue soles yellow different from og pair as well.

Ey man do you

But let ask a nike rep about em

Yeah. An those blue soles yellow different from og pair as well.

Ey man do you

But let ask a nike rep about em
umm no they dont...stop gassing it.

Jordan_Retro11_CoolGrey.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

^^ and thats a perfect example that not every sole ages da same way, look at da footlocker pair and look at da taobao pair..

now what?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Not gassing a thing

But the difference in yellowing with the og clear sole SJ is a different tint than the yellowing on my concords and cool greys, because of that blue tinted sole

Last edited:
Oh

Thats for sure

If only the prices were like the "grey market" jersey prices hahaha (seen some for like $30) nike too

Oh

Thats for sure

If only the prices were like the "grey market" jersey prices hahaha (seen some for like $30) nike too
aint no such thing as grey market jerseys. there's authentic retail, authentic procut, and game worn procut, and

blanks that you customize yourself cost ALOT of money if its a team thats desirable..those come in either authentic, or procut sizes

and those aren't fake either.

aint no such thing as grey market jerseys. there's authentic retail, authentic procut, and game worn procut, and

blanks that you customize yourself cost ALOT of money if its a team thats desirable..those come in either authentic, or procut sizes

and those aren't fake either.

Blanks u customize yourself? Like those companies do? My boy copped a calvin johnson one it was IDENTICAL to the real nike one...except the blue tinted sole and patent cut!

Haha

Jus messin with u man

Whats good with those College XVIIs that just released on taobao ?

No way in hell those were fake.
grey markets my friend...whoever was in charge of da factory decided

to crank em out outta no where..im bout to cop a fresh pair to go with my retail

pair.

So ninjahood your telling me if they make cg 11s with a bred bottom there legit cuz it's all real material smhhhhh ...You might be the dumbest dude I've ever came across just thread after thread of stupid posts at this point I think your trolling no one can be this dumb and it's not just this one topic

So ninjahood your telling me if they make cg 11s with a bred bottom there legit cuz it's all real material smhhhhh ...You might be the dumbest dude I've ever came across just thread after thread of stupid posts at this point I think your trolling no one can be this dumb and it's not just this one topic

i got retail pairs, a 4 colors w/ receipts...i've compared space jams grey market vs retail pairs...

its da SAME thing, truth hurts b..now step off before i report you for being annoying.

You don't know if their grey market or made in a factory elsewhere your just speculating so stop passing information along that's yet to be proven that's my only issue with your theories. If they can mimic an iPhone outside of the original factory they most definitely can produce a pair of shoes outside of one. Till your stories are proven fact you should really stop nick naming them

You don't know if their grey market or made in a factory elsewhere your just speculating so stop passing information along that's yet to be proven that's my only issue with your theories. If they can mimic an iPhone outside of the original factory they most definitely can produce a pair of shoes outside of one. Till your stories are proven fact you should really stop nick naming them

yet you are the one acting like they are 100% fake and made at an outside factory...

no one knows anything

we cant call them 100% fake, they have all the exact damn materials, zoom air , max air, et, etc, etc

i got retail pairs, a 4 colors w/ receipts...i've compared space jams grey market vs retail pairs...

its da SAME thing, truth hurts b..now step off before i report you for being annoying.
You dropping dime and copping fusnick Jays C'mon b it's this how they give it up in "da heightz"

True that!

1.Nobody has a clue in hell where these "grey markets" were made. U think, but you dont KNOW as a fact.

2. By his logic and yours, cg with red soles would be authentic, if they made em.

3. You said before that the patent cut is different (yes it varies), and the soles are not the same color. NOT IDENTICAL. doesnt matter if they are legit xi soles.

While they are good and EXTREMELY CLOSE to the retail pairs, they arent the same.

It really comes down to what u feel comfy with.

Those new space jam soles will yellow differently from the 09 pairs. Just like my concords ds yellowed sole looks different than the color of the sole of the yellow 09 SJ, because of the blue tint.

So much ignorance in this topic. First off, ninja is 100% correct. Just because soles aren't yellow, doesn't mean a pair of Space Jams are fake. And fake =/= unauthorized pairs. How can a shoe that has the same EVERYTHING when compared to the "authentics" be considered fake? Just because you didn't pay the ridiculous retail mark up and Nike didn't give it the thumbs up? That's some pretty naive thinking. After doing my research, I bought a pair of Space Jams from a tao bao agent because I wasn't about to spend 400+ on a shoe with piss yellow soles. Here was the end product: 

If they didn't have "icey blue" soles, you wouldn't know that I bought them from Tao Bao. But the fact of the matter is they have everything that an "authentic" pair of Space Jams would have. Same patent leather, same third spacing of the tag on the tongue, same thick laces, real CARBON FIBER, perfect sized 23 on the heel, even the box is the same and has a SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE of $175. Even the REAL FAKES don't have that. To call THESE fake is just plain ignorant. They ARE Space Jams. These are the exactly same shoe Nike sells at stores, the only difference being they didn't overlook it. So basically it comes down to how much that approval is worth to you. It's worth nothing to me. I got the sneakers I wanted, for 15 dollars above retail price and they are clean as hell. You guys wanna argue over piss yellow soles be my guest. I'll be rocking these, fresh as a daisy.

And pretty soon, these unauthorized/grey market pairs will have saturated the market to the point that nobody knows what is real, fake, or in between. I frankly have no problem with it. It's about time that another option of buying Jordans has become available for us. It's a pretty big monkey wrench that has been thrown into the sneaker game because these factories have mastered the art of copying the authentics. Whether its reps or unauthorized pairs, pretty soon you won't be able to tell the difference from one Chinese sneaker to the next.

tl;dr: enjoy your piss yellow soles.
I can second everything this dude just said. I also recently got some Jams from Taobao and they look exactly like this pic. Like I've said before, these Taobao Jams are closer to the original form of OG and 2001 model 11's. These recent 11 models released are garbage. Here's a question:  Let's say I set a pair of OFFICIAL release Jams next to a pair of TAOBAO Jams, didn't tell you which was which, and asked you to pick the one you liked better to keep for yourself. You end up picking the Taobao version. After telling you which you chose, would you then change your mind and choose the Official release Jams, even though you judged the quality to be inferior to the other pair?

spotting fakes in the wild is quite easy...& why wouldnt i call someone out on bang bangs... ive done it before & have zero problem with it
If you really care that much to be on a dude's jock about his shoes so much that you wanna call him out, you are lame. If you've done it before like you said you must be pickin on some lil dudes thinkin your tough. Try that lame stuff on a dude like me and i would embarass you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom