Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wins guys... He's a better athlete than me lol.

Since you wanna post screen shots...

Wrong.

We all lose for having to witness this nonsense. Immature ******** that I've taken part in entirely too long...
at least im not a liar 

Why does it seem that its really only jordans thats getting G.M pairs? I don't see a whole lot of lebrons / kobes / Kds when surfing through some of these sites...
I've heard theres Foams, and Bron Brons too fam ... like I said, I've heard, but have not seen them on sites for myself.

I've heard theres Foams, and Bron Brons too fam ... like I said, I've heard, but have not seen them on sites for myself.

There are foams, Bron's, Kobe's, and you can even find KD's. Roshe Runs and other nike running shoes and even Adidas shoes. You can pretty much find it all if you look in the right place.

I called it Ninja, I knew some one was going to say "That only means its happening with New Balance"
You're just being difficult now. It's happening with all brands bud. Are you just not capable of making inferences of your own? First it was "GM were all just high quality fakes", then it was "okay air randy makes GM shoes with the same materials, in the same factories, but everyone is still selling high quality fakes". Whether you want to accept it or not its happening. These Chinese factories are privately owned NOT OWNED BY NIKE. These factories are selling shoes out of the front door to Nike and Nike authorized retailers and out of the back door too all these websites like marqueesole, sole up, sneakerape, and toabao sellers. They even sell to local retailers in the area. Their goal is to maximize profit.

Maybe this will spoon feed you some more info.
http://www.sneakerfiles.com/2011/08/19/discussion-are-they-legit-if-nike-doesnt-approve/

Your missing the point.......I've agreed he can be right...meaning I believe what's your saying is a possibility...but don't come in here trying to say what's your pulling out your hat is fact because you found a new balance article......new balance.....find me a nike article......not a shoe ahead opinion....why is that a hard concept to grasp??? All these paragraphs you keep typing are irrelevant to the fact that you can't even prove what your claiming via credible resources........new balance article next it will be the nfl jersey article....now a sneaker files discussion lol??? That's like using this thread as a credible source of information. Your not saying anything that's hasn't been posted on the first 5 pages...stop trying to prove me wrong until you can show proof your right.....I agree and say its possibility that's it.....

This thread is so going to get locked. 
mean.gif

Your missing the point.......I've agreed he can be right...meaning I believe what's your saying is a possibility...but don't come in here trying to say what's your pulling out your hat is fact because you found a new balance article......new balance.....find me a nike article......not a shoe ahead opinion....why is that a hard concept to grasp??? All these paragraphs you keep typing are irrelevant to the fact that you can't even prove what your claiming via credible resources........new balance article next it will be the nfl jersey article....now a sneaker files discussion lol??? That's like using this thread as a credible source of information. Your not saying anything that's hasn't been posted on the first 5 pages...stop trying to prove me wrong until you can show proof your right.....I agree and say its possibility that's it.....
I understand what you're saying but this is what I find hard to grasp. You accept that GM shoes exist, you accept that they are made of the same materials from the same factories, you accept that even New Balance had problems with factories pumping out unauthorized but fully legit pairs of shoes, and
You even accept that air randy was doing the exact same thing. But when you see shoes with the same materials, same carbon fiber, pretty much the same everything (minus some quality issues) on toabao and all the other sites selling GM shoes you can't connect the dots yourself? I understand the need for proof and all but geeze come on, it's literally right in front of you. But I guess 2 different people can be presented the same information and draw 2 different conclusions.

Last edited:
Knights u say "there is NO in-between. Either legit or not its simple."

U are suggesting everything is either black or white but that obviously is not the case. We are talking about GREY MARKET-grey. Not clearly black (black market-100% NOT legit) or white (nike authorized-100% legit). These shoes are legit but not 100% legit...there's a GREY AREA.

Last edited:
^^^^^ thats a really nice read up there
wow this is getting crazy ...for some reason i like it though :tongue: :rofl:

This thread is so going to get locked. 
mean.gif
There have been 100 pages of nothing but arguing every 3 or 4 pages, If they were going to lock it they would have a long time ago. there is a pattern forming every three or four pages someone that has not takin the time to read the post pops off with a comment then everyone that has read every damn page pops off with how they are wrong, then it dies down we get a few pics to compare just in time for the next guy to start it all over again.

are you kidding me? they are mods they know more than I do they have been in the shoe game alot longer than you and I 
The shoe game.......... Right....... Unless one of these mods work at the sweat shop or own their own fake selling website I'm not impressed and their "info" is just as good as anyone else's.

^agreed. I'd be willing to bet that the members on here with the most 'insider' info and helpful info are not mods.

^agreed. I'd be willing to bet that the members on here with the most 'insider' info and helpful info are not mods.
It's not that I think mods have all the information or know more than others, but I would at least think they would be most qualified to know who's credible and who's full of crap Through running the site, policing the forums, acquiring sponsors and so on and so forth. And also since a lot of them have been around for almost 10+ years. In essence it's not that they themselves know more, but they do know who on here does.

Last edited:
The shoe game.......... Right....... Unless one of these mods work at the sweat shop or own their own fake selling website I'm not impressed and their "info" is just as good as anyone else's.
so you did not read the entire post did you?

the guy that owns Air Randy made a few comments

maybe you should read the whole thing

so you did not read the entire post did you?
the guy that owns Air Randy made a few comments
maybe you should read the whole thing
Air randy was laughed out of here during the concord release for selling fakes the summer before they released. Why the hell would air randy do anything but make sure people forget about that whole thing. It's also been known that he changed his name, and made dummy accounts to back him up. He first claimed they were 100% authentic same as in store, then latter back tracked into saying they were B grade, then again back tracked and said they were "grey market" What's your point???

Last edited:
I understand what you're saying but this is what I find hard to grasp. You accept that GM shoes exist, you accept that they are made of the same materials from the same factories, you accept that even New Balance had problems with factories pumping out unauthorized but fully legit pairs of shoes, and
You even accept that air randy was doing the exact same thing. But when you see shoes with the same materials, same carbon fiber, pretty much the same everything (minus some quality issues) on toabao and all the other sites selling GM shoes you can't connect the dots yourself? I understand the need for proof and all but geeze come on, it's literally right in front of you. But I guess 2 different people can be presented the same information and draw 2 different conclusions.

That's not proof.....every pair posted so far is flawed to the point of Noticeable. Doesn't it seem odd that most shoes posted share the same flaws but yet those flaws aren't present on retails pairs. You know like blue soles. Or the fact Breds don't have the same color inserts or paper. It's like come on same factory but yeah they can't color code or provide the same tissue paper. Yes those are minor issues to some but like I said if you have to fake the tags boxes inserts, then I come to the conclusion your faking something else.

That's not proof.....every pair posted so far is flawed to the point of Noticeable. Doesn't it seem odd that most shoes posted share the same flaws but yet those flaws aren't present on retails pairs. You know like blue soles. Or the fact Breds don't have the same color inserts or paper. It's like come on same factory but yeah they can't color code or provide the same tissue paper. Yes those are minor issues to some but like I said if you have to fake the tags boxes inserts, then I come to the conclusion your faking something else.
That's true there are people that have talked about there shoes being different boxes, inserts and such but there are just as many saying that they're exactly the same, especially with the more recent releases.
I've seen for both black and white grapes,
Bred 11s, and black cement 3s. A lot of those
Video reviews have been posted on this thread. And these people clearly state they
Got their shoes from a taobao seller.

Lol what exactly is the point everyone is arguing. Whether or not they are legit? Whether or not people are doing a diservice in buying them?

Air randy was laughed out of here during the concord release for selling fakes the summer before they released. Why the hell would air randy do anything but make sure people forget about that whole thing. It's also been known that he changed his name, and made dummy accounts to back him up. He first claimed they were 100% authentic same as in store, then latter back tracked into saying they were B grade, then again back tracked and said they were "grey market" What's your point???
my point is you asked for a guy running the fake sites, that would be Air Randy and he was called out and then denied being air randy but from what I could gather he was Air Randy. 

Forget him let me ask you this

Grey market shoes were not around in 2009 they were simply fakes or legit shoes, there were first runs that leaked early and B grades but there were not grey market shoes. You could spot a fake pair of XIs on a guys feet from around the block.

Air Jordan 1 came out in 84 or 85 do you really think it took 24 years to figure out how to make an exact copy of the shoe? the Carbon cost to much so they went with plastic and it made it easy to spot. There was not one fake shoe that had real carbon fiber. 

Now they are making spot on replicas of shoes that have not been out in years. And the only way to spot them is by the soles of the shoes being to blue. Unless its the Bred XIs then you really cant tell at all or if I remember right some where in this thread the Grey market Breds XIs looked better than the Release Day pair. 

I have no doubt these shoes are made in the same factory with out quality control. So there are going to be mistakes but thats not saying that jordan brand makes a perfect shoe they are far from it. These Grey market Xis look spot on, I ordered a pair they got hung up in customs but when they come I will post side by side pics and see what you think.

my point is you asked for a guy running the fake sites, that would be Air Randy and he was called out and then denied being air randy but from what I could gather he was Air Randy. 

Forget him let me ask you this
Grey market shoes were not around in 2009 they were simply fakes or legit shoes, there were first runs that leaked early and B grades but there were not grey market shoes. You could spot a fake pair of XIs on a guys feet from around the block.
Air Jordan 1 came out in 84 or 85 do you really think it took 24 years to figure out how to make an exact copy of the shoe? the Carbon cost to much so they went with plastic and it made it easy to spot. There was not one fake shoe that had real carbon fiber. 
Now they are making spot on replicas of shoes that have not been out in years. And the only way to spot them is by the soles of the shoes being to blue. Unless its the Bred XIs then you really cant tell at all or if I remember right some where in this thread the Grey market Breds XIs looked better than the Release Day pair. 
I have no doubt these shoes are made in the same factory with out quality control. So there are going to be mistakes but thats not saying that jordan brand makes a perfect shoe they are far from it. These Grey market Xis look spot on, I ordered a pair they got hung up in customs but when they come I will post side by side pics and see what you think.

"Grey market" shoes have been out for a long time to my understanding and we called them FAKES. The people who produced the fakes back in 2000 didn't care much for the correct box, bar code, blah blah blah, because people didnt care back then either (before the time of Internet hype). Today the people who make the fakes know that people are on to what make a "legit" shoe legit so now they make them identical (plus the "minor" flaws). Why aren't there "grey market" foamposites? They can't do it. Instead they just make easy to make shoes like Jordan's or older retro nikes and suck.

"Grey market" shoes have been out for a long time to my understanding and we called them FAKES. The people who produced the fakes back in 2000 didn't care much for the correct box, bar code, blah blah blah, because people didnt care back then either (before the time of Internet hype). Today the people who make the fakes know that people are on to what make a "legit" shoe legit so now they make them identical (plus the "minor" flaws). Why aren't there "grey market" foamposites? They can't do it. Instead they just make easy to make shoes like Jordan's or older retro nikes and suck.
are you ready for this

Boom Grey Market Foams notice the part where they say . Its scary because they use the same materials as the real deal… even the cushion and Carbon Fiber. Crazy.

http://kicksoncourt.com/nike-air-foamposite-one-deconstructed/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom